FTXORBXLIBS_151108

horden2

Just reinstall FTX Global then FTXORBXLIBS_151108. ORBX folder has again a deletion issue. Re-install again FTX Global then try to update via FTXCentral. Not working (see error message) and FTXCentral Frooze. Reopen FTXCentral, the update is not yet available.

During the FTXCentral download, it"s said that the file is 540.3 Mb. The downloaded file is 438.6MB.

FTXORBXLIBS_151108.JPG

I have already read this topic. As the full installer delete my ORBX folder (I try several time, I donwload twice the full installer), I prefer using the FTXCentral. After that you can active "ObjectFlow_P3D.dll" in DLL.xml manually or using moduleInstaller.exe from " FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\scenery " folder. It works for me now, but now everything must be install again.

Endyamon:  I didn't have any unofficial installers in my v3.  Everything installed in v3 was installed with the Quad installers after they were released.  The deleted folders only seem to happen to those of us who followed Ed's recommendation to use the full installer from the site and not Central.  It also appears to only have happened to those of us who did it within the first couple of hours after it was released.  Since it was reported Ed has disabled the download from the site, after looking into it the site download version was put back up most likely with the corrections.  So for everyone who is reporting that they downloaded it fine well that is most likely cause you got the new version after corrections.  As stated this seems to only happen to those of us who did it within the first few hours.  For me it is a disaster and is looking like a complete re-install of all my sims as it has not only affected ORBX stuff but other addons I had installed that were dependent on ORBX such as Flightbeam Denver, FT Dubai and FT Vienna etc.  SMH at the thought of having to do a re-install for FSX, P3Dv2.5, and P3Dv3.  It is a nightmare, very time consuming, and an overwhelming task.  I use all three sims for different reasons at the moment, some for Beta Testing, some for specific military addons that are not available in v3 yet like the VRS and others cause I just have a lot of $ invested in them like FSX and not everything is v3 compatible yet.

20 minutes ago, DesertPilot85 said:

I also used the full installer, running it against FSX-SE, P3Dv2, and P3Dv3. My ORBX directories were not deleted. Point is, this appears to happen only to some users, but not all.

And, I do have some Orbx products unofficially installed in P3Dv3.

And my point is when did you download it?  For instance last night, this morning?  I see you are in Arizona, I downloaded mine around midnight thirty last night roughly 1030/1130 your time and I am in West Florida.  It deleted ALL my ORBX stuff, but remember Ed is is Oz so if you woke up this morning and downloaded it well like I said you most likely got the new version with corrections from the site. Since Ed is in Oz he has had time while you were sleeping to fix whatever the issue was hence why I said it happened ONLY to those of us who did it within the first few hours of release, that does not include people from this morning and so on,I am talking last night between 1030 and 0130ish Central Time when it was reported.  The real point is regardless of when it happened, or who it happened to and at what time is that it happened.  If it didn't affect you great, but for those of us who it did affect were the ones who need to be posting here so we can actually get a resolution about the issue at hand. Just my .02$

I did indeed download the installer within one hour of it being announced by Ed 21 hours ago. I just checked my download manager, I downloaded it at 1:26PM Arizona time on Nov. 11th.

I emphasize that I know there is something obviously wrong with the installer, and that it is not acceptable for it to cause the Orbx directories to be deleted. If I was aware of this issue beforehand, I'd have made full backups first, just in case.  I was mainly providing feedback (if it was of any help for Orbx's diagnostic purposes) that I didn't lose my Orbx directories.

I do wonder why some users were affected and others weren't--does it depend on FSX/P3D installation directory names, etc?  My P3Dv3 is installed at "E:\Prepar3D v3", for example.

2 hours ago, pringlere said:

I just downloaded and installed and it just deleted all my Orbx Scenery.  Highly pissed right now as the amount of time it is going to take to re-install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well guess we got our answer!

17 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

I haven't pulled any installers, I was referring to the online OF update.

Only 8 reports of this out of 1500 installs, not a widespread issue so the installers will stay.

So basically what you are saying Ed is we can begin to re-install and rebuild our Sims and in the end just hope it works?

30 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Yes, ensure that what you are installing is the latest wrapped version from FlightSim Store. 

Ok sounds good, will give it a try on all three sims, hopefully doesn't delete everything again.  I had literally just finished a 6 hour flight 10 min before doing the Libs update and boom everything was gone that fast.

11 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

Doesn't anyone read ?

"Note for P3Dv3 users: it is recommended that you download and install this with the full installer as this will ensure that the ObjectFlow DLL is activated."

Well said Sue. I never update via FTX Central as it takes forever. Download the installer and install individually.

13 minutes ago, Aussieman said:

Well said Sue. I never update via FTX Central as it takes forever. Download the installer and install individually.

Ummm, that is exactly what I did and your explanation for it happening to me is?

And actually if you follow these topics here and in the FTX Support forum Ed is now telling folks to download it from Central vs other methods.

EVERYONE who this happened to had downloaded the full installer from the site, nobody did it through Central.

Hi All

Running P3D v2 and also having issues after (I also have P3D v3 installed but its all on default scenery at the moment). All installers except Vector, are P3D v3 installers from FSS). Vector update to 1.30 from the Support Link :

1. Downloading full installer and running it (yesterday)

2. Using the update function via FTX Central (this afternoon)

KSEA under NA Region shows the following:

Libs_2.jpg

KSEA under Global shows normal:

Libs_1db24b.jpg

Appreciate any advice you may have

41 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Your post is completely off topic,

please start a new topic in the Vector Support Forum.

Sorry Nick, the issue only came up after installing the new Libs yesterday. All was working fine before that.

BTW, both caps are from P3D v2.

Will post in Vector Support Forum, thanks for your help anyway

Regards

Hi Nick

I must apologise as I realise that my intial post in this thread was really ambiguous, sorry but English is not my first language. I assumed that my problems started after I installed the new Libs file dated 151108 but I had also installed CRM region just the day before without running the AEC Configuration Tool after that installation.

Have resolved my issue, reinstalled the updated Libs however what changed from the install yesterday was that I received an update (about 45MB) today after installation of the Full-Libs 151108 Installer:

Libs_4.jpg

Libs_6ed53b.jpg

All is well now and sorry about the incorrect posting. 

Thank you and have a great weekend

38 minutes ago, Double Bubble said:

Just saw this thread and have just finish reinstalling p3dv3 and fsx on a new rig with all orbx gear etc, etc, can someone confirm with me where we are downloading lib's from? is there still an issue or not?

Regards Rod.

Hi Rod

This is from Release Announcements however I cannot locate the Support Page as, it appears, they are still working on the website.

Please also note the following requirement:

Hope this helps and regards

Not to sure how all this is working. I downloaded new ORBX library files thru FTX Central they are now listed in FTX Central, does that mean they will run automaticly? when new sceneery files are installed?

Dont know where to find the actual library files which i originally kept on my desktop to run when i installed a new scenery file. I could run them myself.

Please help me to uderstand what is going on. Not too happy with all of this so far.

Spinker

For those that are using P3D v3, were you asked to run the module once you started P3D v3 after updating to FTXORBXLIBS_151108?  I updated through FTX Central 2 and when I started P3D v3 I was never asked to run/allow the new dll as have in the past.  Running the module installer through the FTX ORBXLIBS doesn't do anything either.  I checked my dll file and it references the dll.  I tried running the offline objectflowupdate.exe, but it hasn't been updated yet for P3D v3.  Thanks

Rob

Archived