FTX-PNW-P3Dv3 A few around Seattle

First of the 'Full Fat' region installers coming soon to P3Dv3

Took this flight around downtown Seattle and instantly amazed that such a troublesome area, Im getting locked 20fps and smooth performance.

2015-10-12_23-4-14-936.jpg

2015-10-12_23-4-58-298.jpg

2015-10-12_23-7-36-34.jpg

2015-10-12_23-8-7-968.jpg

2015-10-12_23-9-18-987.jpg

2015-10-12_23-6-37-693.jpg

John - will there some refinements to P3Dv3 PNW files - for example code optimizations like the newer scenries have? etc

The Prepar3D V3 ports for non-airport products are updates of their Prepar3D V2 predecessors. There's not much area left to optimize in regions though, even the older ones.

Awesome -

Are you able to Max out the Autogen settings?

Pretty much..

Here's my settings and a few more around Seattle using these settings... I have my frame counter on display too... 

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

2015-10-12_23-6-32-356.jpg

2015-10-12_23-8-47-226.jpg

..... and a few more around Mt St Helens :)

2015-10-13_5-14-17-325.jpg

2015-10-13_5-16-45-33.jpg

2015-10-13_5-16-59-263.jpg

2015-10-13_5-18-38-373.jpg

2015-10-13_5-16-27-12.jpg

Anyway, this lighting feature they have included is not the best thing in the world. These shots also express these clouds "overexposed" strange looking.

Dom

I would disagree on that. HDR is adjustable and that is fine because you can suit it to your liking. Second, the lighting in V3 is dynamic like no previous version of FS's have shown. The light changes continuously depending on a lot of factors for example: the angle you are looking at the objects and the shadows of objects that affect the light. Also when you take snapshots in this environment it does not exactly represent the actual shot. It is as if sometimes your camera would have to wear sunglasses...

It is difficult to explain I must say.

Thanks John for the shots.

Pierre

John, I see you have switched off vegetation & buildings to receive shadows, which probably explains the good performance. This feature is one of the best IMO in P3d2 and P3d3 though. It gives the scenery much more depth and makes it looking even more realistic. And when switched off it looks kinda bizarre not seeing shadows on trees and buildings but on the surrounding ground. 

Anyway, this lighting feature they have included is not the best thing in the world. These shots also express these clouds "overexposed" strange looking.

Dom

I had literally just installed P3D and made a few quick settings to the graphic sliders... I turned the bloom up to half way here which explains the over exposed look you are seeing.. Early days yet my friend ;)

I had literally just installed P3D and made a few quick settings to the graphic sliders... I turned the bloom up to half way here which explains the over exposed look you are seeing.. Early days yet my friend ;)

Indeed John, it takes a while to find the sweetspot, and I've found you may want different settings for day or night, or even different weather if you wish. Being able to adjust these settings on the fly is a great move by LM.

Great set of shots there mate 8)

Dom

During my time beta testing P3D V3, I found a bloom setting of 0.45 works rather well :)

Archived