Open LC NA Alaska - Canada elevation errors at PAKT

fisheye

FTX Central Diagnostic Reporter Code # otc1db14e18e05a765eb3bdfdc8a07d9fe

Open LC NA Alaska - Canada Elevation Errors at Orbx PAKT Ketchikan

FTX PAKT Airport elevations messed up after installation.
Started after installing the just released Open LC North America Alaska and Canada.
Tried unchecking "hybrid" and running FTX Vector Configuration airport elevation corrections v1.20
Does not list PAKT in enabled or disabled lists and I am at a loss on how to fix the airport elevations

they seem to be floating above the base layer of the beach plus with the taxiways floating above the runway.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place but this is a confusing system for those of us that don't post often.

fisheye

post-5218-0-75511100-1441262499_thumb.jp

See photos attached.

post-5218-0-90112900-1441262185_thumb.jp

post-5218-0-13625700-1441262214_thumb.jp

post-5218-0-23563300-1441262228_thumb.jp

I did that by installing the update for PAKT and the latest lib, thanks but no cigar but will try it again.  fisheye

hi

Just reinstall Ketchican

and the latest Lib Orbx

Patrick

I did that by installing the latest update for PAKT and the new lib, but will try it again.  Thanks fisheye

Unfortunately reinstalling PAKT didn't work, reinstalling NA OpenLC North America Alaska-Canada

didn't work.  Redownloaded PAKT v1.15 and installing didn't work.  Redownloaded NA OpenLC

North America Alaska-Canada didn't work.  Running FTX Vector Configuration for elevation

corrections didn't work even though this time PAKT was listed in the AEC enabled list.  I even

reinstalled the OrbxFTXNAPAKT100 original version and it didn't fix the problem even though it

worked perfectly before the PAKTv1.15 update and OpenLC Alaska was installed.  I also

downloaded the FTX AA ORBX Libraries Ver 150815 prior to installing these files.  The correct

versions are listed in the ORBX Products Report in FTX Central shown below.  I originally posted

the FTX Diagnostic Reporter's report code as seen in the image below but no one seems to respond

in the Forum about this report.  Is there a special place to look for a reply to this report? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, fisheye

post-5218-0-83060900-1441341408_thumb.jp

post-5218-0-25580200-1441341441_thumb.jp

post-5218-0-17616900-1441341571_thumb.jp

post-5218-0-63809300-1441341642_thumb.jp

I don't get it.  I've installed Open LC NA Alaska Canada and I don't have any elevation errors at PAKT.  The elevation errors you have been referring to can't possibly be caused by installation of LC NA.  There's something else going on.  Wish I could help, but don't know where to begin.

Stew

Hi look at in scenery folder if some . bgl are .OFF . ORBX / NA/ FTX_AA_PAKT / Scenery

If there, try one by one to disable the .OFF step by step  look if your Ketchikan is correct .

Normaly there is no .OFF  after .BGL in this scenery folder

Patrick

Perhaps you might like to try this.

Go to ORBX\FTX_NA\ and delete the FTX_AA_PAKT folder.

Then go to Scenery\World\scenery and search for PAKT.

You should find these three files

Untitled.jpg

Delete them.

Then run the installer for version 1.15.

I have no option to enable or disable AEC in the Vector control panel,

if you have do not do it.

In your FTX_VECTOR folder you should have only one file for this airport,

ABP_PAKT.bgl, please ensure that this is the case.

This should give you a "clean" installation of the airport and it should

display as intended.

Stew; thanks for the reply, tonight I decided to check another addon Orbx airport, PAJN and found elevation issues there also but not as bad.  I thought just by chance it might be the files for Papua New Guinea PNG so I disabled them including the PNGHolger Mesh but no joy.  I have attached an image of PAJN for review.  On another note I did move the PAKT file in the scenery library to the top and for a few minutes it corrected the elevations but it didn't last long.  It has been suggested in another post that I uninstall PAKT and clean out the files then reinstall the latest version again v1.15.  I will give that a try and see if something got messed up on the first install.  But why PAJN is messed up also is a mystery.  fisheye

PAJN

post-5218-0-62960900-1441428030_thumb.jp

PAKT after moving file in scenery library

post-5218-0-90817600-1441428077_thumb.jp

PAKT after five minutes

post-5218-0-82225900-1441428114_thumb.jp

Hi look at in scenery folder if some . bgl are .OFF . ORBX / NA/ FTX_AA_PAKT / Scenery

If there, try one by one to disable the .OFF step by step  look if your Ketchikan is correct .

Normaly there is no .OFF  after .BGL in this scenery folder

Patrick

Patrick;

I just checked the scenery folder for PAKT and there are no OFF files, however there are a couple in the PAJN scenery folder but they are for the DX10 versions of the files.  Thanks fisheye

Hi there,

it might be worthwhile to check whether any conflicting third-party files for those airports exist. Please run a Windows Explorer search of your entire FSX directory for all .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names -- search term *PAKT*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 

You can then do the same for PAJN as well.

Also, make sure your mesh resolution slider is set to 5m, the Orbx standard.

Cheers, Holger 

I had the dreaded PAKT elevation issues as well. Traced it to RTMM Misty's Place. Turned it off. Appears to be ok now. Very disappointing however. I liked that scenery.

Thanks texerrn;  This solved my problem.  What a relief, now I can get back to flying Alaska again but you are right about loosing Misty's Place as it was an enjoyable addon.  I still have the problem with Juneau's runway which is probably another .bgl to chase down.  Thanks again to all of those people that came to my rescue, this community has a great bunch of people that reach out to help others.  Thumbs up and I will try to reciprocate as time goes on.  fisheye

post-5218-0-37261400-1441473331_thumb.jp

I have FTX PAKT/SP1 and all of the RTMM sceneries but  I cannot confirm that there was a problem with RTMM Misty's Place.

Do you really have the latest RTMM version (and all applicable RTMM libraries correctly installed?)

Maybe you should make a posting about this problem at the RTMM-forum.

I have FTX PAKT/SP1 and all of the RTMM sceneries but  I cannot confirm that there was a problem with RTMM Misty's Place.

Do you really have the latest RTMM version (and all applicable RTMM libraries correctly installed?)

Maybe you should make a posting about this problem at the RTMM-forum.

Actually I can not confirm what version I have but it worked perfectly just before I installed the OpenLC NA Alaska and at the same time I updated PAKT to the latest version of 1.15 before I noticed the issues. However since my last post I have unchecked all addon sceneries in my scenery library except for FTX and I still have the same issues at PAJN so it must be an issue with OpenLC or a messed up PAJN since the install.  I can only think of one thing left to try and that is to uninstall PAJN and reinstall it.  However I am not sure how to do this without an uninstall file to use.  Thanks, fisheye

Hi there,

it might be worthwhile to check whether any conflicting third-party files for those airports exist. Please run a Windows Explorer search of your entire FSX directory for all .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names -- search term *PAKT*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 

You can then do the same for PAJN as well.

Also, make sure your mesh resolution slider is set to 5m, the Orbx standard.

Cheers, Holger 

Great idea, I will try tis tomorrow with PAJN and see what happens.  However today I unchecked all addon library files, reran the FTX Vector Configuratior and still have the issue at PAJN.  If you read my latest post you will see that PAKT is fixed by unchecking Misty's Place.  Thanks,  fisheye

All little more about my PAKT and Misty's Place. I was checking my scenery list and just happened to notice my Scenery list was all changed. ie. The Orbx Global files were in the wrong place. Moved the Global files manually to the correct location. then moved FSX files with Central using the start location as recommended. All works fine now. I never heard anything about the new AK/Canada land class causing an issue, but something sure changed my whole scenery config. PAKT update? not sure what happened, but all correct now

All little more about my PAKT and Misty's Place. I was checking my scenery list and just happened to notice my Scenery list was all changed. ie. The Orbx Global files were in the wrong place. Moved the Global files manually to the correct location. then moved FSX files with Central using the start location as recommended. All works fine now. I never heard anything about the new AK/Canada land class causing an issue, but something sure changed my whole scenery config. PAKT update? not sure what happened, but all correct now

I don't know what you mean by "being in the wrong place".  I use FTX Central to insert the FTX files automatically.  Is that wrong?  Maybe mine are also in the wrong place and how do I know what the right place is?  fisheye

Traced it to RTMM Misty's Place. Turned it off. Appears to be ok now. Very disappointing however. I liked that scenery.

-------------

So the problem was not RTMM or Misty's place, that is good. However, if you have a problem with one of our locations, please bring it to us first. Our forum is FULL of solved problems like this and we take a lot of pride in KEEPING things like this from happening. I hope others didn't turn off their RTMM locations because of your comment. Please anyone...if you encounter a problem with an RTMM scenery location, bring it to the RTMM forum for help. http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?board=3.0. We do have a problem now and then, but we take great pride in problem-solving and finding the solutions. Our forum is there to help people who might have a problem just like this. Always bring an RTMM related problem to RTMM first. We are there to help you.

Doug Linn / RTMM Co-founder

Tex,  When you installed OpenLC NA, the installer moved your entries, as you saw.  The user's manual advised that the user would have to reposition those Global files after installation.

Stew

I am really surprised that no one has referred you to an excellent explanation about the LC layers having to be below all other Orbx products. It is in this forum some place. Turning off Misty did work but for the wrong reasons. Disregard my advice on turning off Misty.. Every time they come out with a new global product it screws up my scenery configuration. Once you understand that all Global layers must be below all other Orbx products. Then it works fine. Some place in this forum there is an excellent step by step instructions for adjusting the scenery order.. Perhaps by Holger. Sorry I just can not find it. You have to manually move the global scenery to just above default layers. Like Edwards I believe. Then insert all other Orbx products above the global. Then other third party stuff above all Orbx. Then as suggested RTMM scenery above that. Now works very nicely. And with the next global product you can probably expect to do it all over again. Sorry to confuse you.

Hello Guys I just bought FTX GLOBAL openLC NA Alaska/Canada and my streets are not level and some building are not level also half of the base of the house is in the air and the streets looks like Roll coaster up and down and I don't know how to fix it  I would like to put some pictrures so you guys have some idea but I don't know to do it any help will be appreciated . All this is happen right where Niagara fall area and the Niagara Falls don't look level the water is way off not level at all I hope somebody can help me I uninstalled P3D and put it back all fresh again and still the same problem .

Best regards: Manuel 

Some time back, MM,  issued a patch for elevated housing at Skagway, and it works. I  stopped using their sceneries some time back when I realized they might be interfering with ORBX scenery sets. But, I wonder if someone would post the problem at the MM forum, and one of their creative people might create a patch to deal with this problem.

On a related subject, I was intrigued sometime ago by http://www.coosbayhops.com/and downloaded some of their sceneries. It caused great havoc for me with a laundry list of fictional airports, science fiction era sceneries, random fireworks displays and related issues. There is no way to do a simply uninstall, so I have been painstakingly tracking down their rogue sceneries. Plan G has been a great help because it copies the FSX scenery data base. Those Coos Bay sceneries I have found start with CC, tho there are other ICAO like identifications such as MM MX, etc. If you have not downloaded any of this stuff, congrats. If you have and they mess you up, good luck on the cleanup...

sherm

Hello Guys I just bought FTX GLOBAL openLC NA Alaska/Canada and my streets are not level and some building are not level also half of the base of the house is in the air and the streets looks like Roll coaster up and down and I don't know how to fix it  I would like to put some pictrures so you guys have some idea but I don't know to do it any help will be appreciated . All this is happen right where Niagara fall area and the Niagara Falls don't look level the water is way off not level at all I hope somebody can help me I uninstalled P3D and put it back all fresh again and still the same problem .

Best regards: Manuel 

Manuel,  This is the wrong place to post your problem.  This has to do with problems at Ketchikan.  Please start a *new topic* as Nick suggested in your other post.

Stew

Problems mentioned above never have their origin in "Return to Misty Moorings" sceneries.
All RTMM sceneries are based on full fat Orbx sceneries. There are more than many dozens of happy RTMM members who never experienced any problems of this kind. (as long as Orbx and RTMM software is installed correctly, including a correct setting of the insertion point)

Also see posting  #21 by Doug Linn, chief RTMM.

Please read my post #23 above. As I stated the error was caused by new Global files that changed the order of the scenery files. Put the Global areas at the bottom of all other Orbx sceneries where they belong  and were once before. Now all is correct and looks great. All my RTMM sceneries blend in perfectly and elevations are correct. I have a suspicion your others issues will also vanish!

Some time back, MM,  issued a patch for elevated housing at Skagway, and it works. I  stopped using their sceneries some time back when I realized they might be interfering with ORBX scenery sets. But, I wonder if someone would post the problem at the MM forum, and one of their creative people might create a patch to deal with this problem.

On a related subject, I was intrigued sometime ago by http://www.coosbayhops.com/and downloaded some of their sceneries. It caused great havoc for me with a laundry list of fictional airports, science fiction era sceneries, random fireworks displays and related issues. There is no way to do a simply uninstall, so I have been painstakingly tracking down their rogue sceneries. Plan G has been a great help because it copies the FSX scenery data base. Those Coos Bay sceneries I have found start with CC, tho there are other ICAO like identifications such as MM MX, etc. If you have not downloaded any of this stuff, congrats. If you have and they mess you up, good luck on the cleanup...

sherm

Shem,

it there were a problem it would have been corrected months ago by the RTMM team.  However as texerm says it was Library file order that caused his difficulties.

Obviously, from what you describe about your RTMM files, you did not follow the correct installation sequence recommended on the RTMM site.

With 921 users on the site problems of this nature are reported rather quickly and problems are addressed as rapidly as possible.

How is Coos Bay Hops scenery remotely related to PAKT elevation vis a vie RTMM files.  This should be in its own forum post.

spud asks.....How is Coos Bay Hops scenery remotely related to PAKT elevation vis a vie RTMM files.  This should be in its own forum post.

well, I only mentioned it as an anecdotal experience, not directly related to RTMM. btw, I know there are hundreds of happy MM pilots. It just has not worked for me....There are so many bells and whistles involved in the installation of its various sceneries, more than I care to cop with. Some day, when I have more free time, I may tackle it again.

Sherm

New information about Misty's Place with an update to resolve the PAKT errors with FTX

See Below, fisheye

fisheye,

that  information  was posted in Aprill 2015 and I believe relates to a previous conflict that was already known about. in a way proving the remark above that RTMM do solve the occasional problems that crop up.

Have you checked your scenery library for the correct order as suggested above, Holger`s advice in a similar post in this forum-

"please see the openLC NA manual, p.10, regarding the relative positions of the FTX block and the openLC entries in your scenery library menu"

If you read the notice the problem was that an addon scenery of a hospital and dock across the channel from PAKT displayed in the wrong location IF ORBX PAKT was installed as that scenery changed the town and waterfront on the channel from the original ORBX PFJ region scenery.   It did not cause any elevation errors or any other problems with ORBX PAKT.  With ORBX PAKT installed the start location in the RTMM Medical Evacuations Project for that location was not correct. To correct that problem with the RTMM Medical Evacuations location it was removed so that RTMM users with the ORBX PAKT airport would be able to enjoy that particular evacuation mission by flying a few miles away to Misty's Place where a substitute facility was placed.

The change was made strictly to accommodate ORBX PAKT and has absolutely no connection with fisheye's problems IF he has RTMM scenery correctly installed.  Strange that he seems to have a problem that isn't wide spread, at least not widely complained about on RTMM or ORBX support forums.

I am no expert here, but I traced and narrowed down my PAKT elevation and scenery problems to two files. ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.bgl  in the FSX\World Scenery\Scenery folder and AFX_PAKT.bgl in the FSX\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. I renamed these two files using the extension .off and reloaded scenery via the scenery library. Then reset the ADE file by removing the .off and all was still looking good. So the apparent offending file was the AFX_PAKT.bgl. Hope this helps.

BBQSteve,

I don't believe AFX_PAKT.bgl is a Return To Misty Moorings file, however, I do believe that AFX_PAKT.bgl was a part of a Smith Graphics PAKT airport scenery addon (now available from Fly Away Simulations libraries).  It was probably part of the "Alaska file set of various AP" that you mentioned.

Rod

Archived