Two layer main runway at NZQN

Penzoil3

This is Prepar3D 1.4 with FTX set to "Oceania".   I have FTX Global, Vector, and NZ South Is. as well as NZQN.  All are up to date. ( just installed Vector 1.1, and yes- the latest library file after )   I get this with or without  Pilots FSGlobal 2010 FTX mesh installed. 

I have un-installed and reinstalled Pilots mesh, I've switched to global, and back to Oceania. I've reinstalled NZ south, and Queenstown. Nothing seems to change the two layer runway effect. Looks normal from the air, on the ground I'm in a trench. Any ideas?

Sue

qp9i.jpg

l9pe.png

yely.png

Hi there,

looks like a conflict with another NZQN elevation file. I'd suggest running a Windows search for .bgl files that include NZQN as part of their names. It should bring up a bunch within the \ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTXAA_NZQN\Scenery and \ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery folders as well as ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.BGL in \Scenery\World\Scenery.

Anything else that comes up would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks Holger, sorry to take so ling to get back to you, working nights, I don't get much screen time during the week. Here is the list. I  see an adjustment file turned of in Scripts/Custom AU, could that be the problem?  ( sorry for the overlap, the list didn't fit on one page, the rest of the list was FS9 )

Thanks!

ryxu.jpg

7rfc.jpg

Hi Sue,

looks like the culprit is the FTX Global Vector elevation adjustment file, ABP_NZQN.bgl. Start the Vector Configuration tool, switch to Airport Elevation Corrections, type in NZQN, highlight the entry, then select Disable and then Apply.

For the next Vector update it's planned to have a new option to deactivate all elevation adjustments for a given FTX Region but for now it needs to be done for each affected airport separately. In fact, if you have both NZSI and NZNI installed it's probably best to type "NZ" in the search window and then deactivate the entire list of airports that show up except for NZ18, which is an Antarctic base.

Cheers, Holger

Tried that, still sitting in a trench. I have only OrbX products in Prepar3d by the way, no one elses junk, so there are no 3rd parties...

Also I have an NZ12, but not an NZ18. Any other suggestions ?

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. The phone company installed a new junction box on the corner Thursday, and rewired me a post off in the new box. Just got a tech out yesterday. Had internet withdrawals, I did !

Thanx

Sue

What you said....  "deactivate the entire list of airports that show up except for NZ18, which is an Antarctic base."  I  don't know.       The Vector folders are right above the default "base" folders. I did find ORBX\VECTOR_AEC buried at the very bottom of the list. It was just above "default scenery" and "default terrain third from the bottom. Movrd them to just above Edwards AFB,  In other words, above the default stuff.  I think I have a bigger problem though. Look at this- the mountain to the right..

7o51.jpg

Hi Sue,

sorry about NZ18, I meant in fact NZ12.

Something's definitely not correct. Are you sure your FTX Central is set to Oceania and that you've pressed Apply to initiate it? Also, do you have any non-Orbx scenery entries in your scenery library menu above the FTX block? Perhaps you can post screenshots of your current menu, like I did in this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75601-ftx-pnw-ksea-runways-apron-in-canyons/?p=693006

Cheers, Holger 

Yes, it's set to Oceania. I've also tried switching to North America, or Europe, and back. I've tried uninstalling FS global 2010 FTX, no change. I have Vector 1.2, no difference from 1.0. Here are 3 pics. Between the second and third are lots more OrbX listings. Nothing else.

If you need 5 more pics of those let me know.

Thanks

Sue

lvq5.jpg

zb66.jpg

ve2e.jpg

Hi Sue,

as Rob mentioned the My Traffic folder may contain an elevation adjustment file for NZQN though it should have come up with your search for the files. In any case temporarily deactivating that entry will help you determine whether it is the culprit. Also, you may want to check whether the FTX Vector adjustment file in "\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery" has been renamed from "ABP_NZQN.bgl" to "ABP_NZQN.inactive"

As for the texture issue I'm not sure what to suggest other than un- and then re-install NZSI; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/ but substitute NZSI for NA_PNW. I don't see anything at higher display priority that would interact with NZSI, which suggests that some of the NZSI core files appear to have become corrupted.

One more, minor point: the two Tongass Fjords entries should be below the FTX block in order for the southern boundary area with SAK to display correctly. 

Cheers, Holger

If I may pop in here, the Elevation adjustment file in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder appears to be the one installed with the NZSI package and not the custom one for the NZQN airport. This would imply the NZSI region package was installed after NZQN Queenstown. Try reinstalling NZQN and see if that fixes your issue. No need to uninstall anything, installing over the top of your existing files should be fine.

The correct date stamp for the file ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.bgl is 28/05/2013.

Graham, you got it !  The elevation problem is fixed. The mountain still looks a bit odd, but the runway is normal !  Any suggestions on the mountain textures? Checked My Traffic, no NZQN files there, by the way.

Thanks!

Sue

yarx.jpg

Archived