KEGE. Making it up as I go along

VH-KDK

Brought the Aerosoft A320 back in January but could not get my head around the systems :banghead:  A bit more complex than the fork lift I drive at work. 8)

Last night decided to re install and see if it would just go if I pressed a few buttons etc :o 

Took off from KEGE (where else) and headed west. :P 

As I have mentioned before I am more into the scenery side of flying rather than flying by the book. Hope this does not offend:blink:  >:D  :lol:

1.ku1.jpg

2.ku2.jpg

3.ku3.jpg

4.ku4.jpg

5.ku5.jpg

6.ku6.jpg

7.ku7.jpg

8.ku8.jpg

9.ku9grandjunction.jpg
Grand Junction
10.ku10fruita.jpg
Fruita

An absolutely beautiful aeroplane. I just wish they would make a lite version for dummies!

Flying low or high this is a top class release from Jarrad. I wonder which airport to next?

Last night decided to re install and see if it would just go if I pressed a few buttons etc :o - Captain Martyn you remind me of another famous aviator :

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGorCSnIHF4

Cheers

Brad

The great thing about the Aerosoft Airbus packages is you can set your first officer to read checklists and do everything fo r you... the switches are flicked as each checklist goes, so it almost "teaches" you how to fly it :)

Martyn, Do the tutorial ride and you will be up and away.

The A319 is the only thing I fly these days and dare I say it, better than PMDG (I have put my tin hat on now).  >:D  :D  :D 

It is like all things new, in the beginning I was like you, but I decided to really learn it and persevered; now I love it.. :)

Any advice with it just PM me.. 

Nice set,  Martyn !   ::)  

........  With so many airplanes available to download for FSX,  sometimes we become a   'Jack of all trades, but master of none'.  This is good to keep variety  'alive and well'  in FSX, but very few of us actually master all of the aircraft in our virtual hangars from A to Z,  IMHO. 

I have taken on the two Duke variants recently,  in an attempt to learn to fly these more thoroughly from engine startup to shutdown  .....  and to my own surprise,  I am now enjoying flights within FSX even more than ever and in varied weather conditions, as I feel more skilled in flying these two great twin props. 

"There is nothing more satisfying,  IMHO,   than flying under less than ideal weather conditions,  with very poor visibility,  and watching your aircraft lock on to an ILS signal,  intercept the glideslope,   seeing the very faint outline of your chosen runway appear out of the thick fog   ......  then   'clicking'   off the autopilot and flaring for a smooth landing at your destination airport."   ;)   

......just remember, as always,  "practice makes perfect"  ..  even without a detailed owner's manual.  :)

Happy Flying  !

Great shots.....I've recently done the same with the Majestic Q400. I've taken not f all the tips, and did the training flights and read all the manuals etc. It has completely changed the P3D experience for me.

Love the shots love the aircraft Martyn, I think my A318 will be my next challenge - after a bit more Dash 8 practice  :D

Don

Last night decided to re install and see if it would just go if I pressed a few buttons etc :o - Captain Martyn you remind me of another famous aviator :

Cheers

Brad

Mate that is one really funny clip. Funny man JW

Don

Really nice shots. Keep flying.

Thanks Skimmer

Grand set these.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

Great shots even so!

Keep flying! A very nice plane!

Voyager

It is a great plane which I enjoy getting off the ground.

Nice jet, great scenery and super shots.

Cheers John.

Cheers

Brad

Many thanks Brad. Like the clip too, that reminds me of Bob Newhart.

The great thing about the Aerosoft Airbus packages is you can set your first officer to read checklists and do everything fo r you... the switches are flicked as each checklist goes, so it almost "teaches" you how to fly it :)

Thanks Rob. Spent a bit of time on the ground this week going through a few procedures.  

Verry nice set Martyn!

Thank you Dolf.

Beautiful shots Martyn ::)

Cheers Mike

Martyn, Do the tutorial ride and you will be up and away.

The A319 is the only thing I fly these days and dare I say it, better than PMDG (I have put my tin hat on now).  >:D  :D  :D 

It is like all things new, in the beginning I was like you, but I decided to really learn it and persevered; now I love it.. :)

Any advice with it just PM me.. 

Thank you for your help James. Due to time and tiredness it will take time but I have made a start.

Nice set,  Martyn !   ::)  

........  With so many airplanes available to download for FSX,  sometimes we become a   'Jack of all trades, but master of none'.  This is good to keep variety  'alive and well'  in FSX, but very few of us actually master all of the aircraft in our virtual hangars from A to Z,  IMHO. 

I have taken on the two Duke variants recently,  in an attempt to learn to fly these more thoroughly from engine startup to shutdown  .....  and to my own surprise,  I am now enjoying flights within FSX even more than ever and in varied weather conditions, as I feel more skilled in flying these two great twin props. 

"There is nothing more satisfying,  IMHO,   than flying under less than ideal weather conditions,  with very poor visibility,  and watching your aircraft lock on to an ILS signal,  intercept the glideslope,   seeing the very faint outline of your chosen runway appear out of the thick fog   ......  then   'clicking'   off the autopilot and flaring for a smooth landing at your destination airport."   ;)   

......just remember, as always,  "practice makes perfect"  ..  even without a detailed owner's manual.  :)

Happy Flying  !

Thanks Mzee. I did learn to fly the Duke a few years ago but after a 3 month break most of it disappeared from my poor memory! I have a huge selection of aircraft in my hangar some which have not seen daylight for a while. I like to set the AP and view from the outside as I enjoy the scenery and aircraft. Anyway I will give the Airbus another go and hopefully will do better this time around.

So many thanks for your great comments and advice folks.

Hoping Telluride or Grand Canyon is coming down the pipe soon.  Telluride would be very cool done by ORBX, but then again what isn't :)

Thanks Sammy. agree with you that anywhere is good in the ORBX world.

Great shots.....I've recently done the same with the Majestic Q400. I've taken not f all the tips, and did the training flights and read all the manuals etc. It has completely changed the P3D experience for me.

Cheers Kev. Like the look of the Q400 until I did the research and discovered its complexity. Sadly for me

the Virtualcol Dash-8s are more to my ability!

Love the shots love the aircraft Martyn, I think my A318 will be my next challenge - after a bit more Dash 8 practice  :D

Don

Mate that is one really funny clip. Funny man JW

Don

Thank you Don.

Many thanks for your great comments. Really appreciated.

Archived