No Gerold, that's me over there!

VH-KDK

I haven't really been trying to avoid Gerold all day so I had better let on to where I have been.

1.mn1.jpg

An early morning departure from Southampton and passing Eastleigh Station. Lived at Eastleigh until 1981 when I came to Australia.

2.mn2.jpg

Passing over the M25 about to land at Wisley. The road by  the port wing carries on to meet the group of buildings to the right of the aircraft at Downside. My grand parents owned the Cricketers pub there until 1960. We lived just 5km to the south of Wisley until 1966, exciting times.

3.mn3.jpg

Now leaving Fairoaks on the way to Damyns Hall.

4.mn4.jpg

Wonderful scenery over London but it is not so good on the FPS!

5.mn5.jpg

Avoiding the pylons at Damyns Hall.

6.mn6.jpg

Leaving Shoreham in Channel Airways G-AJIB in some beautiful summer weather. Flew from Portsmouth to Guernsey via Shoreham in 1960 on this aircraft.

7.mn7.jpg

Over Portsmouth Naval Dockyard. The weather is starting to deteriorate.

8.mn8.jpg
On finals to Bournemouth's rwy26. Visibility very poor and was glad to see the approach lights. Moved to Bournemouth in 1966 and spent many hours spotting at Hurn Airport.

Well there you go Gerold. You went in the wrong direction, I hope you had as good a days flying as I did. See you in the soup!

Fantastic to see ORBX catalyzing memories. I enjoy this as much as you seem to do.

We have indeed flown a virtual close miss. I will leave England with one of Southamptons direct connections with FlyBe, you may guess where I am going...

Thanks Gerold, plenty to jog the memory today from both my and your shots.

Fantastic to see ORBX catalyzing memories. I enjoy this as much as you seem to do.

We have indeed flown a virtual close miss. I will leave England with one of Southamptons direct connections with FlyBe, you may guess where I am going...

Not too sure where FlyBe go to from Southampton, it was all AirUk(Heralds), Aurigny(Trislanders) and British Airways(Viscounts) when I lived there.

I will wait patiently and see where you end up.

Great shots. It's nice to fly down "memory lane" now and then isn't it? and particularly so when you left "home" so many years ago.. I left for Aus in 1968.

Am I seeing things or am I seeing for the first time in that first shot, a glow over the two brightly lit areas? I have been moaning about the missing glow since my very first sim in the early nineties, and it would be nice to be able to replicate it..

If the glow really is there could you tell me what lighting you are using please? Teecee.

As I see your shots from England/Wales/Scotland, I'm starting to feel that i really need these regions... But there are also many Airports that I want. I do not know what at first, budget is limited :(

This looks like some really exciting travelling!

Greetings,

Thanks, enjoyed these flights remembering the past.

Great shots. It's nice to fly down "memory lane" now and then isn't it? and particularly so when you left "home" so many years ago.. I left for Aus in 1968.

Am I seeing things or am I seeing for the first time in that first shot, a glow over the two brightly lit areas? I have been moaning about the missing glow since my very first sim in the early nineties, and it would be nice to be able to replicate it..

If the glow really is there could you tell me what lighting you are using please? Teecee.

No special lighting I am sorry to say Teecee but thanks for the comment.

Stunning shots indeed, nice job Martyn. :smile:

Thanks Adam.

Smashing shots Martyn , good luck trying to avoid Gerold . >:(:o:D

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Brad, I am off to the Southern Hemisphere for the week end, but I am sure Gerold will find me especially if I go to Tasmania.

Fantastic set!

Thank you Sammy.

Great shots Martyn!

Thanks Karsten.

Really fantastic shots!

Cheers Dolf.

As I see your shots from England/Wales/Scotland, I'm starting to feel that i really need these regions... But there are also many Airports that I want. I do not know what at first, budget is limited :(

It is very hard as there are so many high quality releases from ORBX. Hopefully bit by bit you will be able to expand your FTX world.

It's good to have cherished memories "simulated" as well! And that look!

Surely this would result in great shots!

Thanks mate!

Thanks Voyager. Glad I can visit places in the ORBX world and say, "I can remember going there!"

Many thanks for your great comments Gents. Glad you enjoyed the shots.

Archived