FSS/Orbx Decidated 10Gbps Feeder Server

Jay Kae

No, server will be connected to the railgun / cloudflare, and what this is about is a speedtest (see my sig). The cloudflare system (business) uses a level of CDN not before seen, major sites like steam use them same as adobe even.

this is NOT a replacement for anything with ANY download over say 300mb it is always advisable to use a download manager and I prefer

http://internetdownloadmanager.com(30 day free trial)

This exercise is not about just the speed it is about the speed that multiple customers at the same time can get and with 10Gbps, that is a massive amount of customers that can download at the same time at their highest speed their ISP allows

Well I need to ask the obvious question.  I downloaded the 1GB files using Firefox and the time was about 7min. to download + - but I could not find anything to tell me the speed of the D/L.  What am I missing?

I had the opportunity to download several payware products Tuesday night US time, and I noticed download speeds were greatly improved as compared to days earlier.  In fact, among the best download speeds I've ever seen with FSS. Assuming this is due to the new 10 Gbps server coming online. I'm using IDM, by the way.

Hello Jay Kae

I have a fixed 200 Mbps D/U optical connection. Mexico City.
(Just tested at 1 ms PNG, 200.27 Mbps Download, 210.37 Mbps Upload)

Something is wrong on my side. Testing the 1 Gb file.

I am getting 180 to 299 KB/sec from Firefox download ~ 4 hr dl (retested)
and 1.69 MB/s using 4/4 segments with DownThemAll.

Edit: Just tested a Download from MSDN: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview 10074 (x64) - DVD (English) 3491 MB
and got ~16.23 MB/s  4/4 segments in less than 3.5 minutes.

Thanks

A download manager, I should think.

That's how I can tell how slowly the

files are reaching me.

180 kbps on a good day, here in the

country where the internet was invented.

no one man invented the internet or country, it was a combined effort of  Britain, the U.S and France

Hello Jay Kae

I have a fixed 200 Mbps D/U optical connection. Mexico City.

(Just tested at 1 ms PNG, 200.27 Mbps Download, 210.37 Mbps Upload)

Something is wrong on my side. Testing the 1 Gb file.

I am getting 180 to 299 KB/sec from Firefox download ~ 4 hr dl (retested)

and 1.69 MB/s using 4/4 segments with DownThemAll.

Edit: Just tested a Download from MSDN: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview 10074 (x64) - DVD (English) 3491 MB

and got ~16.23 MB/s  4/4 segments in less than 3.5 minutes.

Thanks

In a normal situation your download would be fed to you from California not from France, these links are 'pure' links and not part of the cloudflare system yet, so from Mexico to France it slows down as your download gets served from France not from your nearest node.

In a normal situation your download would be fed to you from California not from France, these links are 'pure' links and not part of the cloudflare system yet, so from Mexico to France it slows down as your download gets served from France not from your nearest node.

Thanks for the info.

A download manager, I should think.

That's how I can tell how slowly the

files are reaching me.

180 kbps on a good day, here in the

country where the internet was invented.

NIck, you need to have a conversation with AlGore! :ph34r:

You missed the joke, Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet.

He actually never really "claimed" that.

He was involved a bit with it's inception when he was a member of congress.

Some newshound at the time took something out of context, blew it all up to get a story, and, naturally it stuck and the myth became fact.

As I recall it was the first time in the history of the Human race that some form of fact distortion took place......... ::)

Archived