You guys want to help me pick out 2-3 AU airports?

Mac_Maddog88

Hey all!

I'm definitely getting Cairns. I'm looking for another airport... I want one I could at least get the BAE 146 out of.. Some place on the coast that's real nice.

Can you get the 146 out of Aeropelican? I know JV designed that airport so it has to be one of the best!

I was also looking at Brisbane or  Bundaberg.

I really don't know what to get.. Yall want to help?

Hervey Bay and Bundaberg would be about right with your plans for the 146. Aeropelican has absolutely fantastic waterscapes around the inlet - but I think you would be hard pressed getting an airliner of any description in to that airstrip... I would suggest getting Aeropelican anyway and just enjoying the scenery as it is with a GA plane :)

By the way - Port Macquarie sees regular jet services and has an impressive representation of the town. Lends itself nicely for flights to and from Brizzy - or down the coast to Sydney...

Cheers

Mallard

Canberra... Pretty, easy on fps, and landing to the North or South each have their own challenges.

Plus Air Force 1 is parked there for a visit.

Only downside is that is what the airport looked like a couple of years ago... Not what she looks like today.

A French writer of the last century once said "I was 18 et will not let anybody say that it is the best age of life". Well , at the end of the day, it beats being almost 66 anyday in my book :) .

To get back to the OP, Hervey Bay can land 146, is very nice and at a jet short throw (?) of Cairns. Don't forget the freeware Hamilton Is. and Rockhampton either.

It depends on the style of your flying. I only fly VFR, thus I try to get airports not too far away. A good combination which I enjoy would be Melbourne YMML, Moorabbin YMMB, and Avalon YMAV. You can even add Lilydale YLIL Freeware.

However keep in mind Melbourne (City + Airport) are not light on fps, notably if you use AI traffic.

Broome is a fine airport, but to tell the truth, the surrounding in a GA plane is, well ... wide.

Kind regards, Michael

I did something... Different.

I got Brizzy. But, instead of another airport, I bought the Coolsky Super 80 pro. Some may recall I have the LSH Maddog, however, the Coolsky bird puts LSH to shame. I plan on shoveling some more driveways this weekend and getting some more cash, 30-40 USD, with which I'll purchase Cairns... Still deciding on Hervey Bay, Alice Springs, or Bundaberg.

Archived