First time in Kokoda

Orbxtreme

This AYPY scenery is superb. Really immersive. The set you are about to see is the leg between Jacksons International and Kokoda. This flight is one of the easiest leg that the scenery offers, if I interpret the forum correctly. I know that there are some huge challenges ahead after Kokoda though. Congratulations on this project, it provices a fantastic flying experience.

Leaving Jacksons International

I4frj.jpg

oUyJB.jpg

Nj7nL.jpg

Crossing the Owen Stanley Range. We sure need to climb to get above this one.

eyfKb.jpg

After some serious diving, the runway is finally in sight. It is something to read the comments, but it's something else to try it for ourselves!

LucIv.jpg

Downwind.

7vibS.jpg

I don't know if what I see also contains Holgermesh on this part of the leg to Kokoda. But the scenery is really something.

IResj.jpg

Final for Kokoda. Exactly like on Google Earth.

qKAaT.jpg

efEg2.jpg

JHMc.jpg

rAl.jpg

ZB0N.jpg

QaWtP.jpg

That was certainly a very interesting trip. I know what lies ahead though...It seems that I better call for spare parts right away. ^-^

Great shots of the area, with the usual afternoon weather. Now for the other strips...

- consider setting the weather to "clear sky"

- consider using a plane that you are very experienced to land with (no, not the 146!)

- be prepared to have fun.

awesome set and welcome! the Holgermesh covers all of PNG and West papua, and lots of papuan repaints for the twinotter on my blog, link in sig.

Thanks for the link, I'll use it for sure, for an even more immersive effect. And thanks everyone for your comments, glad you liked the set.

Archived