P3D: The ultimate settings

patrickjorand

Hi Mario and Brad,

I am very glad that the settings work fine on V2.5 as well. I am going to upgrade to 2.5 sometime later this week. Its nice to share experience all together to get the best of our sims (I am using FSX as well) and the Orbx products.

I love the new Open LC houses in Europe, mainly in south europe, much more realistic. 

Have a nice day.

Patrick

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Patrick,

This does indeed look amazing. I just saw Brad post a link to this post over on the P3D section of the forums in response to someone asking about OOM issues. I replied with the following and wondered if you or others have some comments on VAS usage with these settings in P3D? My comments below:

"I'm really working on the balance between visual quality and VAS usage and find I have to be ultra sensible to keep OOMs at bay in complex aircraft and over complex scenery in 2.5. The settings changes suggested would seem to suggest amazing visuals but a greater danger of OOMs (4096 textures for example). Have you monitored VAS usage before/after the changes or do you have any comments on it in general?"

Be great to hear any thoughts / comments on this from people.

Many thanks

James

Hi James,

I did never encounter any OOM problems with P3DV2.4, even when flying for hours, even over dense areas, with more demanding aircraft such as quality wings AVRO/RJ.

There fore I have never performed any VAS usage check as far as my sim was ever smooth, always over 25-30 fps in nearly all situations (blocked at 30fps).  

I know that since P3DV2 and later versions, some problems happened with high demanding cloudy wheather where frame rate could go down with demanding aircraft and this problem had been widely discussed in the P3D forums. I will check with V2.5 but do not anticipate significant changes. 

In other words, I think that the proposed settings will dramatically improve visuals (mostly ground textures) but do not specifically impact OOMs. 

Kind regards, Patrick.

Thanks Patrick,

I may have an experiment with some settings to see what VAS impact it has - I would imagine it will have some impact as higher texture resolutions coupled with high ground shadow textures and high sliders is not going to benefit VAS.

I will report back on what I find - as always, it's about striking a balance between visuals, smoothness (not just FPS) and VAS management. Right now my smoothness and VAS management are about right. I would like to have better visuals if possible as my system can certainly handle it.

James

Thanks for your testing James. As per your comments, you may try texture max load at 2048 and load radius at 4,5, one of both of them, as a starter to check the impact. Ground texture shadows are a complete vaste of energy (and memory) and dos not improve so much the visual, I do not use them and only keep plane shadows.

Looking forward for your results. Have a nice day. Patrick

Patrick,

at first thanks for sharing your settings. I am going to explore which one will help my system when I find some time.

One question, though: Do we really still need "HighMemFix=1"? I thought Highmen usage has been fixed by LM in the 1.x series already?

On the other hand, I never read about that TEXTURE_QUALITY Parameter before, while it's indeed in the config. There are strange things around.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Patrick,

I can't thank you enough for sharing your settings!  I've just moved to V2.5, with an i7-4790 O'clocked to 4.8, plus a GTX970 running 3 screens at a resolution of 3840x1024.

I've been disappointed to find the 4790 running flat out with Core0 especially always at 100%, with the tweaks I had acquired from previous versions, and despite reducing settings. (I've also tested with the original .cfg created by P3D).   I test by circling around London in a Real Air Lancair Legacy, with Orbx England, and UK2000 EGLC and EGLL enabled.  I simply can't avoid blurries whenever I begin to turn.  This is the most intensive area I encounter.

I adopted your cfg, and Nvidia settings, enabled multi-threading in the bios, and the result is astounding.  My 4790 now has spare capacity in Core0, with the other cores running around 50%, while the scenery is pin sharp, however many turns I make.

After completing around a dozen circles, passing close to EGLL and EGLC each time I did get an OOM.  I had added 10% traffic, and am driving a triple screen setup, so I lowered LOD, Texture Res, AG Veg and Buildings Density, all by one notch, and no more problems with VAS.

I've never before had such a smooth flying experience over such pin sharp scenery, and with no popping.  I just can't express how happy I am!

Thanks again, Jim

Results confirmed!

I was disappointed with the performance of PMDG's 737 NGX in Prepar3d, even though other planes were ok. Dramatic improvement in image quality and minor increase in FPS (20 to 27 at complex airports) but large improvement in smoothness. Thanks mate.

Steve Mac

Hi All - Apologies for the long post but if it helps even one person improve their P3D experience than it will be more than worth it.

One of the things I did to get my P3D looking sharp was to leave Nvidia Inspector untouched (default), set my AA and filtering in game and set the DSR on my video card (GTX760) to 4X native resolution, which you can now do with the newest drivers in your nvidia control panel, and run in full screen. I lost no frames at all, and my P3D has never looked better.

I can run P3D with sliders maxed and have not had any frame issues as of yet, although I have my frames locked at 25. My PC is nothing special, i7 2600 (3.4gz) stock clock, 8gb ram, GTX 760 graphics card. If it struggles there is 2x and 3x native resolution options also that will still help a lot I would imagine.

I really hope this info helps someone but as we always say, every machine is different.

A few examples below, it is unrecognizable compared to what it was like before this change, I was considering going back to FSX. 

If anyone needs more info on how to set up the DSR I am more than happy to help.

Cheers

Michael

Can you please share the rest of your Nvidia Control Panel and in game grapchics settings to go with it?

For MIchael63 and others:

As requested, please find my NVIDIA settings (translated from French, sorry if I missed some translation):

AA FXAA:  Activated - make sure it is unchecked in the game setting otherwise textures look unrealisticly polished !!!!

AA Gamma correction: Activated

AA Mode: Improve application settings

AA Settings: 8x CSAA 

AA Transparency: 8x super sample

Cuda graphic processors: All

Cache des ombrages (shader cache ?): Activated

DSR Factors: 4x (native resolution) This one seems to bring a lot of improvement

DSR Smoothness: 33%

Anisotropic filtering: 16x

Texture filtering LOD distorsion: Clamped

Texture filtering Sample optimisation: Deactivated

Texture filtering quality: High Quality

Texture filtering trilinear: Activated (but greyed out - presume not applicable)

Power management mode: Maximum performance

Ambiant occlusion: Performances

Threaded optimisation: Auto

Vsinc: Adaptive (1/2 fresh rate)               = 30, in line with my blocked FPS30 in the game settings - very important to limit blueries in high density areas

Prerendered frames: 3

Triple buffering: Activated

Virtual reality prerendered frames:  1

Thats'it. I do not pretend it to be ideal as I am not an expert in GC settings but it works very well with my config and the game/P3D.cdg settings. Have a nice day.

Bonjour

je voudrais essayer tes réglages mais je ne m'y retrouve pas au niveau de mon nvidia inspector : tu aurais des copies d'écrans ?

Par avance merci !

Bonjour

je voudrais essayer tes réglages mais je ne m'y retrouve pas au niveau de mon nvidia inspector : tu aurais des copies d'écrans ?

Par avance merci !

i m lost beetwen french and english forum ! So would like to try that setting but have some problem to identify which setting are concerned in Nvidia ! Would be happy if someboby could share them with Screen copies ...

Thanks

Thanks Patrick, great tips in here... very helpful indeed for a v2.5 user. I've been on the fence about this upgrade as of late, but your settings have helped frame rates and overall performance issues... haven't had an OOM for awhile now. Some of the NVidia tweaks definitely helped. Maybe I'll reconsider pulling the plug and reverting back to v2.4.

- Benjamin

i m lost beetwen french and english forum ! So would like to try that setting but have some problem to identify which setting are concerned in Nvidia ! Would be happy if someboby could share them with Screen copies ...

Thanks

Hi

somebody can help by sharing his nvidia inspector setting (copy of screen) ? not really confident with my knowledge of this tool and i dont find all the setting Patrick is speaking.

Thanks

Hi jlsaghaa,

I cannot to send you print screens as I am travelling quite a lot these days, just send your questions on nvidia settings and I will answer here.

Nice to hear that the settings work fine for most of you.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hi Pmb,

I have kept the HighMemfix=1 Parameter from my FSX experience. Does not know if really needed for P3D, seemed however to have slightly improved performance for me.

I realize that many statements on P3D proved wrong, such as "dont need to tweak it".... As per my experience, visual has been greatly enhanced with the tweaks, and the bluries disapeared. 

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hi Jimh20 and Steve,

I am very happy to hear that these settings have improved your sim performance and visuals.

Have a nice day,

Patrick

I use all the Lockmart recommended settings except affinity mask.

My rig runs better by just running CPU at hyperthreading enabled and letting the sim and Intel sort it out.

Totally agree about the settings info in the learning center, though.

In my rig affinity mask actually is detrimental by a small but noticeable degree.

YMMV naturally.

Bad news my p3d now crash at launch.... After a last flight i finished normaly (and close P3D ....)

the only information i have :

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 2.5.12944.0, horodatage : 0x54ee1a39
Nom du module défaillant : ai_player.dll, version : 2.5.12944.0, horodatage : 0x54ee1a38
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00045d1b
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1a94
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d05b7b3c3a1010
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\Programmes\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: D:\Programmes\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ai_player.dll
ID de rapport : ac9f7a80-c76e-11e4-8294-448a5b984849

really disapointed, it arrive just after a flight i finished normaly ! any help or idea ?

Hello Patrick,

first to mention i didnt try your settings cause im away from my PC and have my new rig waiting for configuration and i will test them as soon as im ready.

Im following this thread for a couple days now. I have a few questions. Did you try one setting by one? I saw you have sone old FSX tweaks like HIGHMEMFIX and AUTOGEN PER CELL. I thought these settings have no effect in P3D2. The handling of the autogen has changed.

Hi Mickey, I went to these settings after many attemps and a lot of seach on the web. You are right the highmemfix and the autogen per cell asFSX tweaks but it has only positive impact on P3D. With the autogen per cell I can keep the in game setting to max with slightly less buildings but building every where they should be as opposed to lowering the game setting where you loose villages and are left with many areas without buildings or trees....consequence, I could keep a 25-30 fps in any dense area which I could not without these settings. If I can think about one setting that definitely helped more than any other this is the AFFINITY MASK at 243. Have a nice day, Patrick.   

• 1 month later...

As requested by some of you, here are my settings for FSX understanding that while it works perfectlyfor my PC it may not be the case for all configs. These settings have dramatically improve FPS stability in all circumstances, texture quality and no more blueries in my config. Dont forget to change the shader cash version number after anz change in FSX.cfg.

Have fun,

Patrick 

[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND_FADER1=0.320000
SOUND_FADER2=0.200000
SOUND_FADER3=0.200000
SOUND_FADER4=0.300000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=False
InfoOverspeedEnable=False
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30 (better stability and less blueries than unlimited)

WideViewAspect=False
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.11
DisablePreload=1

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideInfoText=1
ProcSpeed=8966
PerfBucket=7
Maximized=1
Location=440,151,1480,929,\\.\DISPLAY1
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
QUICKTIPS=0
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0
DEFAULT_VIEW=1
[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8

THERMAL_VISUALS=0
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1

[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64
[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
[slewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
[slewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0
[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 (change the number before saving your .cfg)
HIGHMEMFIX=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500680
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=1
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=6
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500673
D3D10=1 (Enables DX10)
MultiSamplesPerPixel=4
MultiSampleQuality=8
[uSERINTERFACE]
PageID=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM
Map_Orientation=2
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=Tous
SelectAircraftPublisher=Tous
SelectAircraftType=Tous
OpenATCOnCreate=0
DisplayFuelAsWeight=0
[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0
[sCENERY]
LENSFLARE=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=25
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=5
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

[AContain]
ShowLabels=0
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000
[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=0
[REALISM]
PFactor=0.000000
Torque=0.000000
GyroEffect=0.000000
CrashTolerance=0.000000
General=0.000000
UnlimitedFuel=True
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=True
RealMixture=False
StressDamage=False
GEffect=False
ManualLights=False
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=False
CrashDetection=False
AutoTrim=False
AllowEngineDamage=False
[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=1
[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1
[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=1443
[Misc]
Com_Rate=7
[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0
[Trusted]
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.ktllzrlqqqtztnrlqiwwblkuzbwulonrrtuaekru=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.tohwhbqqeaoblccochiouhoehtocrbcuzkaatokt=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir.DLL.khoqwwbwrioibznotwlneelnhwoeiichcllauazk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.zwqzltuoronocbnnetuqwozkelwkohalwrrenhqi=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir_Radio.DLL.ucbeolrwrqbztkoiulrnetqclqreklqwtauebzow=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.ttluaakuenewbluwnhlweziaeaqzrblcuaaonkhw=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.bkkqiukcwzlcqzbunbtbabotnkobacwtcqbtzcnt=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CarSoundB200.DLL.kuzccrblrueiokuuarzlwhlhlahoulzbzqzohnhh=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\B200.DLL.uulhqbbtzleakrtbwnbbcauzhaolnonbaliclleo=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\WX_Gauge_3D_B200.DLL.octchcaabttwiuuwweqoklalrhoznahzlbrnlkhq=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\B200KA_Cabin_alt.GAU.hkcckioohocltwieeuwzraanroniktccuoaonqnb=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.orazhuzrwnbwukuwoielanonklltteehnotqeowe=1
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.corzbuowrawlkauonarihzqqbeckuqiikaukqrrw=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.zbrroiewocoqretuwwrunleaekkzrueuquqwquib=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.nlqozetcawlinunlcqcobqleozehbeoriwtniwha=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.huklicleakzzclnlzeqrulntkkbiaelecetinaac=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\ISDT_ATR72-500 Kalstar\panel\FSC.atr72500.GAU.aikiantlzwwhhthihrzqqiwnhnhzazzlzolqnbak=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\ISDT_ATR72-500 Kalstar\panel\FSC.ATR.ap.GAU.ciwaeakeobazthooertqzzzrzerqacziwawekiww=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\ISDT_ATR72-500 Kalstar\panel\N262_Instr.GAU.arozwttetnrahnqrkiculwwioutnqqntbwqoiwtz=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.eazoeawrcritioqzuzinrbhrczbueiqwinblcicb=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\d28lgwx\panel.dornier228x\Kingair_C90_Radio.GAU.bzzkecakzetaroinqiubniukzcnuchecntlkeqol=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\d28lgwx\panel.dornier228x\RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B1900C_2_X\panel.B1900xx\cad_kln90brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B1900C_2_X\panel.B1900xx\cad_kln90brored1.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B1900C_2_X\panel.B1900xx\RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B1900C_2_X\panel.B1900xx\cad_kln90brored2.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech99_4_x\panel.beech99_x\BK_Radio.GAU.wwnnwnzwlarlhaoqboenrozciciauoteahuebkeh=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech99_4_x\panel.beech99_x\RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\Dash-8_radio2.DLL.woozibunecbkcltknbwkwzorrwaqacaakewbblak=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\Davtron_.GAU.ikrewucwbneqehollnobloohuuutbzabbbbzteok=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\cad_kln90brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\Dash-8_radio1.DLL.woewqerbnrnriactuqbiaeriwhnaoctbqaaurlzq=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\RKG_fuelstat.GAU.uukqzcinhkbzerqbkowwhbocqihcubtrqwbllhcn=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\cad_kln901brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\D8caribX\panel.300\cad_kln902brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\d28carbx\panel.dornier228x\Kingair_C90_Radio.GAU.bzzkecakzetaroinqiubniukzcnuchecntlkeqol=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\d28carbx\panel.dornier228x\RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.hlenorrkciurqziooqbniiraocninhiccwullizq=1
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\Dash-8_radio2.DLL.woozibunecbkcltknbwkwzorrwaqacaakewbblak=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\Davtron_.GAU.ikrewucwbneqehollnobloohuuutbzabbbbzteok=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\cad_kln90brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\Dash-8_radio1.DLL.woewqerbnrnriactuqbiaeriwhnaoctbqaaurlzq=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\RKG_fuelstat.GAU.uukqzcinhkbzerqbkowwhbocqihcubtrqwbllhcn=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\cad_kln901brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\dhc8_5ex\panel.300\cad_kln902brored.GAU.ibtltezircwqlwcleqzilweaoccbahteqhqzlzhe=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel\mjc84_main.DLL.kolcaqzhiozkweqqoqoueowliobnatreaoqahibb=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\QWBae146.GAU.cqnilnlzcchqbrcoutrqkztcqlokwtozlqkqorhk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\QwBAe146_TCAS.GAU.birwrloalluicbkrbbhqhtrqenrkhwtkwkcwczll=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\dsd_xml_sound3.DLL.qooornocbunerhtwhlcrwhkrhhwowrkoliikewlk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\QWBae146_2.GAU.weaokctrkobhekcztnleoaaozakkceiaaoqrurci=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.nhqehtknlbkwqhttalbkqurnqulbrnweuurqlkuu=1
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.hkqewiqeizabhhnahlqbaliqtreckiuinrlitabc=1
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\panel\ASC.DLL.nkbokwqoqhcozwhcchnkuwtatocazelkoltbkutl=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS.DLL.ewceciwknlqhenzeeiwworkznbreiacbbhunewci=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D.DLL.zoiioazoltlnccninlbeutbkncanzczlhblhtqze=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/ASC.DLL.nweanluiraloaoqlwnlbuollnorcctoqiulwuocc=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI.DLL.ccrhbzzthzbwhcrzukchhihkaleklnooileoqllk=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/AsInput.DLL.klkoqhruqlcocelqqtiqniquabtwqobiltbtnrot=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FBW.DLL.ieczibqwwlqwutttzrrwtqqokrwqceekchinwuqz=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE.DLL.inlbhketwkqrbiliizahkkenucnqnblahrntchqz=2
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.lzwwiqeliulwlbqrhcouritbacocqqckoekntzza=1
[MAPVIEW_MAP]
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1

Patrick you are a wizard! After giving me a perfect setup for P3D here is my FSX SE running perfectly (in dx9, I'm not fond of dx10). No blurries, fps at 30/30, no stutter, .... First time i can profit of an FSX with a great pleasure ! and a fisrt flight from KJAC that gave me a great pleasure.

Many thanks

JL

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Patrick

I only have an I5 2500, and this does not have hyperthreading if im correct. Can i set the affinitymask to 243? or should I just set it to 14?

Thx for any advice for settings with the I5 2500 3.3 ghz and thx for sharing your infos.

Although I have a i7 4790K, I have not set any affinity mask for P3Dv2.5 + hotfix 5 as its not needed.

P3D does an excellent job managing the CPU cores and hyper threadeds. I have hyperthreading enabled and its just awesome from a performance perspectve.

I also have a G-sync Monitor with it enabled at 144Hz ! Things just work..no tears or stutters or anyhting else. Very impressed!

Cheers

Mario

• 3 weeks later...

I have found this debate very helpful and Ms Jorand's cfg and Nvidia settings has made all the difference.

After nearly 30yrs of flight simming, I was ready to give up.  My problem was created by the failure of a 15yr old 1000w power supply.  Whatever the blips in power to the various components may have done, when I got my case back with a new supply everything had gone screwy.

Before, P3Dv2.5 was running perfectly, after it was a dog.  Did a full reinstall, the blurries ruled.  I was about to surrender, when I found this thread.

No blurries now but a lack of sharpness still concerns me, but what the heck, I can work on that.

However unlike Patrick I have a 6 core CPU and I would be grateful to learn of the Affinity Mask number for that.

Low on approach into Rwy 27, at Schipol

At the end of some 10hrs continuous running of the computer and the programme (VHHH-EHAM in normal simulator time).

Shouldn't complain too much

SnapShot_150528_220535.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Hazeygaming and all interested, I have kept the same settings with 2.5 and it works very smoothly. In addition, with a new Graffic card and new CPU (see signature below), I am now able to add 100% of airlines, GA, boats, ferries and 10% of road traffic together with sea effects at very high, very good rendering an a 30 fps (blocked) in all locations and wheather types. The GTX970 is a really wizard ! I will post screenshots from various locations all over Europe very soon. Have a nice day. Patrick, Geneva.

I am in need of tweaking my P3D CFG.  I just installed it last weekend and have been messing around ever since.  I am not too computer smart so I am nervous about adjusting my BIOS or Hyperthreading I believe someone mentioned I think I would furball my system.  But I am definitely interested to know cause I think my system has a lot more power in it then I am using right now but I just don't know where to tweak the stuff.  For now I will just work with the P3D CFG in here and the Nvidea options and hope that works.  My problems right now are I load up in P3D and go to Flightbeam SFO and I get OOM error within 2 min.  My FSX on the other hand it spot on where I like it, just tweaking my SweetFX when I use them or my ENB when I use it but other than that she is right where I like her.

New update for me, I have installed the proposed changes in this thread.  Couple of things noticed: When flying the Iris Texan Driver (new one not the one that comes with P3D) I get locked 30FPS very minor tearing here and there but manageable for sure given it only happens once I a blue moon and it was usually when I was doing some type of very drastic high speed maneuver.  Now here is where it got tricky for me and was hard to understand, I then switched over to my Majestic Q400, both of these A/C I was flying in ORBX PNW the Q400 was stuttering very rapidly only in exterior view but the kicker is I was still locked at 27-30FPS, when I went to any other view on the A/C or in the VC no stuttering and everything was fine.  Never got a single Blurry texture from either flight even with the stuttering so I need to do 1 or 2 small minor tweaks and I think I will be right there, so far very nice addition for me although my FSX is still my queen P3D is coming along and this post really has helped to get it going in the right direction.  I am gonna post a few pics from my T-6 flight in another thread.

Archived