Final flight into the PNG bush. We haven*t heard from the pilot since

bernd1151

After having flown for the last two weeks in and out of the bush, today is the last day to fly into the boonies. Two more deliveries and we are done. And thanks God, no casualties yet

1_zpsbcf62a87.jpg

That`s our first spot for today, tucked away in a small picturesque valley

2_zps3c85a84f.jpg

3_zps8342b4e2.jpg

4_zps1d767dd0.jpg

5_zps8552910c.jpg

On terra firma

6_zps53d513ac.jpg

And after a stop of 30 minutes we are out again to our last village

7_zps0b46447c.jpg

Hmmh…now that´s going to be interesting

8_zps08eb3889.jpg

Pretty steep

9_zps47424f67.jpg

10_zps2f18f78c.jpg

Pushing up the runway

11_zps39146780.jpg

The plane is empty and I have decided to have a quick beer before I turn around and leave this peaceful place for good.

12_zpsf4c57ca6.jpg

Holy sh… Now what? ???

13_zpsf82c3c47.jpg

Ok, you didn`t get my last beer, but at least I gave you a coke, so why do you still look so upset

14_zpsbfe3ed85.jpg

Oh, is that your way to tell me that you want to party?

15_zps23e99171.jpg

Hell yeah, by all means, let´s party

16_zpsfbf88f0d.jpg

After the party you will do a warrior dance for me. Hey, that`s terrific, thank you so much

17_zpsfbcfab86.jpg

And then WHAAAT??? You plan to EAT ME? ???? ?????

18_zps13efe002.jpg

Thanks my friends for your kind comments.

And thank you Ken for giving us these nice little eye-candies outside AYPY to fly into. Any other airfields you plan to do in Asia, in SEA in particular? May I make a suggestion: Baguio (up in the mountains) and Boracay/Caticlan (a seaside paradise), both in the Philippines, come to my mind. They are smallish airports and less than one hour flight time away from Manila. 

Love the aircraft but you may want something a bit quicker... like maybe a X-15... if you need to rush your departure. :)

The X-15 would be terrific, but I might have overshot the runway before gaining sufficient take-off speed  ^-^  ^-^

Great shots, and good to see you had good wireless in the bush to post them

Think so too. At least someone can now go and try to secure the aircraft. After all it was in flyable condition, when I was invited to leave it there  :-  :-

Great pics - those Highland and Sepik squatters must have moved up from Moresby - maybe you might like to go back with Timmy and a Caribou load of 1 PIR to help out the Koiari locals, they are really nice people ....

Thanks my friends for your kind comments.

And thank you Ken for giving us these nice little eye-candies outside AYPY to fly into. Any other airfields you plan to do in Asia, in SEA in particular? May I make a suggestion: Baguio (up in the mountains) and Boracay/Caticlan (a seaside paradise), both in the Philippines, come to my mind. They are smallish airports and less than one hour flight time away from Manila.

Thanks Bernd, Tim and I are planning more PNG ASIA packages, were in the Pacific at the moment working on another experience style project.

The response to "experience" style releases has been fantastic and has confirmed our thoughts that this type of release is the way forward for us.

So you can expect to see anything and everything in the future.

Cheers

Ken

Thanks Bernd, Tim and I are planning more PNG ASIA packages, were in the Pacific at the moment working on another experience style project.

The response to "experience" style releases has been fantastic and has confirmed our thoughts that this type of release is the way forward for us.

So you can expect to see anything and everything in the future.

Cheers

Ken

Great shots bernd!

More of Asia. That`s fantastic news, Ken and Tim. Can't wait  ::)

Great pics - those Highland and Sepik squatters must have moved up from Moresby - maybe you might like to go back with Timmy and a Caribou load of 1 PIR to help out the Koiari locals, they are really nice people ....

Thanks a lot. Last time I was in PNG was way back in 1994/95. My wife and I spent a bit of time around Goroka and Mt. Hagen and visited many of the local tribes people. And I can confirm, also those were extremely friendly if you treated them with respect. From there we flew down to Madang in a somewhat dilapidated C 182. Man, what an experience

Archived