amazing Townsville 3D objects demo

Capnsully

This is a subsidiary unit of one of our existing suppliers. Looks a bit experimental in nature, especially if it relies on an Occulus which is a non-released product at this stage.

Note that this only shows a small area of Townsville as 3D extrusions. I am sure this will filter down to us as an option if we chose to license their 3D models and base imagery but it would likely not be cheap to acquire and there is a lot of 3D geometry being shown here which may or may not translate to acceptable performance in the sim.

Either way. It's something we can definitely explore.

I am sure this will filter down to us as an option if we chose to license their 3D models and base imagery but it would likely not be cheap to acquire and there is a lot of 3D geometry being shown here which may or may not translate to acceptable performance in the sim.

Great info, Sir!

Would it be cheaper to have the building hand-made by developers? I mean for projects like Cityscape-San Francisco this would be very helpful, wouldn't it?

Could the "3D-Geometry" be calculated by the GPU? So could future multi-GPUs in SLI/Crossfire handle these tasks?

Archived