P3D2.2 released!

wolfko

I just patched and took my first flight in P3D 2.2

I have to report great things. I set all the autogen vegetation to very dense and the autogen buildings to very dense and even upped the detail on most other scenery elements. Flew an entire flight for about 30 minutes without any OOM's ::)

It was breathtaking to see all the scenery so detailed - I have not even come close to that in the past. And the FPS was astonishing. The FPS stayed above 70 even over Reno with hundreds of buildings.

And with these frame-rates the aircraft seemed to respond much nicer. It felt like a totally new experience.

I won't get too over-excited just yet but first flight was quite spectacular. A few more test flights will reveal more but the first flight was worth the wait and the investment into P3D for me.

Hi Boogus,

What are you PC specifications ?

Thanks !

I have roughly this setup ...

i7 4770k@ 4.2 ghz, 16 Gig RAM, Nvidea GTX 670, Water cooled CPU, Win7 64, running OpusX weather

Additionally, I just took a second flight lasting about 40 minutes with not one OOM and turned up the details just a bit more with amazing results.

FPS stays at or above around 65. I must say this is quite nice - P3D 2.2 is sublime so far.

Update: On my third flight I did get an error which locked up the simulator. It was about one hour into the flight. It was not an OOM but something different.

Also, the textures and autogen scenery does seem to drop in and out after longer flights. I've been getting around this problem by saving the flight and then resetting while in the air.

So for me anyways, there is still some user end tinkering to do to figure out how to get clean error free flights. I have heard of a 'sweet spot' for display settings during the beta testing for 2.2.

I would be curious to see what other peoples findings are.

hi guys i did a fresh install of p3d 2.2, installed my airbus x with the migration tool, almost all settings are almost maxed out without any issues with my plane, now gonna install all my addons, i am reluctant to install the addon manager, even though alot of my airports and a couple of my planes requires it, as of right now nothing is blurry, i am also concerned about installing active sky next, i will report back all my results when i have everything installed later tonight, i think i might go ahead and move over to p3d v2.2 for good if all goes well.there is also a new nvidia beta driver and a new version of nvidia experience released as well for anyone interested.

Thanks, mate. I'll be waiting your feedback.

Cheers,

hi guys i did a fresh install of p3d 2.2, installed my airbus x with the migration tool, almost all settings are almost maxed out without any issues with my plane, now gonna install all my addons, i am reluctant to install the addon manager, even though alot of my airports and a couple of my planes requires it, as of right now nothing is blurry, i am also concerned about installing active sky next, i will report back all my results when i have everything installed later tonight, i think i might go ahead and move over to p3d v2.2 for good if all goes well.there is also a new nvidia beta driver and a new version of nvidia experience released ass well for anyone interested.

Thanks, mate. I'll be waiting your feedback.

Cheers,

Anyone else notice some items go missing? Before I installed the update I had installed all the P3D V2 airports and had people and object flow at all the airports and the Virgin charter at YSCH. Since the instillation of V2.2 I have lost them all.

Anyone else notice some items go missing? Before I installed the update I had installed all the P3D V2 airports and had people and object flow at all the airports and the Virgin charter at YSCH. Since the instillation of V2.2 I have lost them all.

The ObjectFlow modules need to be updated to match the new code. We already have a working module ready to go and  ObjectFlow has a built in updater feature so the update will be pushed shortly.

Very happy with this new patch as the beta tester already told us we would be.  This build gives me a good base to finally start thinking about getting P3D all set up with my settings now that I see a very fluid sim. I have very little addons in it now as I'm waiting on all native installers. I'm still hesitant to install Vector again as I do have FTXG.  I just dont have any addon mesh and feel Vector really needs it for many of the default fields in hilly terrain.

does anyone know if there needs to be anything added to the p3d.cfg, i think i am gonna skip the addon manager and the airports and 2 planes that depend on them for now,the addon manager for instance puts the high mem fix in the cfg, is that even needed in p3d?

does anyone know if there needs to be anything added to the p3d.cfg, i think i am gonna skip the addon manager and the airports and 2 planes that depend on them for now,the addon manager for instance puts the high mem fix in the cfg, is that even needed in p3d?

I added:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

;(84 is  for my Quad Core, 4770K CPU, with hyper threading) 

I added:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

;(84 is  for my Quad Core, 4770K CPU, with hyper threading) 

i have the same cpu and just added it at the top, i almost have all my addons installed outside of the addon manager and qw 757,146 and fsdreamteam which depend on the addon manager, if the addon manager is the culprate to my blurry problems i am just gonna have to eat them, thanks for the help, i added 84 as well

i have the same cpu and just added it at the top, i almost have all my addons installed outside of the addon manager and qw 757,146 and fsdreamteam which depend on the addon manager, if the addon manager is the culprate to my blurry problems i am just gonna have to eat them, thanks for the help, i added 84 as well

You are welcome .... glad to help.  I'm still messing around a bit with the new shadow settings.  We seem to have very similar systems (4770K @ 4.2GHz, with 780GTX GPU) . . . I found that setting the shadow distance all mid way on the sliders, with Shadow Map count on High works well for most areas (just tested around Seattle). 

Not true, there is clear application examples where hyperthreading does benefit. On my system p3d does perform better with all cores being used, including ht'ed cores. As well, many other applications I use show benefit from it.

Many people falsely imagine that no dedicated transistors exist to support logical cores, this is actually wrong. The additional execution units provided with hyperthreading DO HAVE real transistors allocated to them, the major difference is that the ht'ed cores rely on the input pipeline of the other cores to have idle execution units in order to do more processing through the ht'ed cores. You dont understand the chip itself if you believe they are fake cores, in particular such a false belief is to not understand superscalar chip architecture.

Archived