P3D2.2 released!

wolfko

i installed all my addons without any problems accept the addon manager addons, did a 2 hour flight, no ooms or blurry textures for me with the airbux x, but i did install the airbus x with the migration tool, i have an image of windows 7 and fsx saved and see how this works out, the qw 757 won't install, but the 146 will, go figure,i am starting to become more advanced at my flying that my next step will be the triple 7 after i practice some more with the fmc with the cdu

i installed all my addons without any problems accept the addon manager addons, did a 2 hour flight, no ooms or blurry textures for me with the airbux x, but i did install the airbus x with the migration tool, i have an image of windows 7 and fsx saved and see how this works out, the qw 757 won't install, but the 146 will, go figure,i am starting to become more advanced at my flying that my next step will be the triple 7 after i practice some more with the fmc with the cdu

The latest service pack from Quality Wings (think its SP3) comes with a P3D installer. It worked OK in ver 2.1. Havent tried it yet in 2.2.

Maybe you should check this out.

I'm still building up my 2.2 effort so havent looked at any addon aircraft yet.

If I remember the 757 is dependant on Virtuali's addon manager from FSDT whis has been updated.

Colin.

I posted this a few days ago:

I added:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

;(84 is  for my Quad Core, 4770K CPU, with hyper threading) 

After a bunch of testing over the past few days, I have discovered that P3D v.2.2 no longer benefits from the Affinity Mask tweak (which made a big difference in v.2.1). With P3D v.2.2, my FPS were consistently higher after I removed these lines from the Prepar3d.ctg (especially with Orbx airport/scenery areas). Others have also found this to be true. So, if you have added the above lines to your Prepar3d.ctg, I would highly suggest removing them.

I posted this a few days ago:

After a bunch of testing over the past few days, I have discovered that P3D v.2.2 no longer benefits from the Affinity Mask tweak (which made a big difference in v.2.1). With P3D v.2.2, my FPS were consistently higher after I removed these lines from the Prepar3d.ctg (especially with Orbx airport/scenery areas). Others have also found this to be true. So, if you have added the above lines to your Prepar3d.ctg, I would highly suggest removing them.

doesn't matter, if you use the addon manager, it will just be put right back in.

I am not sure, but the Addon Manager installed with FSDreamTeam Airports into the Addons Menu provides the possibility to make a host of settings, including Affinity Mask. However, it does nothing automatically as long as you don't push the "Apply" (or similar) button, if memory serves me right.

Someone to confirm/deny this?

Kind regards, Michael

the last time i tried to install the qw 757 it says it requires p3d v1 or v1.1 and then the installer closed on me.

Brett,

there was a post from Umberto (Virtuali) yesterday on the FSDT forum where he said that he had just yesterday sent a new Addon Manager to Quality Wings for their 757 to enable it to be installed in P3D2.2, but that Quality Wings would have to upload it on their site. Suggest you look there for an updated Addon Manager.

Cheers

Jack

I just downloaded the 100+mb patch and when I tried to install it, it was taking forever and never did start to install the program. I click on the "open" button again, and it started to do something, then nothing. Later I click on the icon and clicked "open" another window came up, but was quickly covered up by a message saying that the windows installer could not install the patch because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may be a different version and to verify bla,bla,bla.

I going to try and download the patch again and see what happens. Any ideas, please let me know

Larry

Just downloaded a new patch, deleted the old one first, but got the same message when I tried to install the new patch? What's up with this, anyone know?

Larry

I know a lot of people like to live stream their flights with twitch tv and youtube etc,

are you allowed to do this with P3D? I thought  I read some where you cant cause its not

marketed for entertainment .. no idea on this.. I'm holding off for bit till I get my flight sim pc's 

later this year..

Having read all the positive reviews of v2.2, I'm thinking of finally making the jump from FSX. Although I think I might wait until I buy a new PC, so that I can run P3D at max settings, and then have a "wow" moment as I go from FSX DX9 on a low-end laptop, to P3D DX11 on a high-spec gaming PC. :)

thanks guys, but everytime i install my fsdreamteam airports which is 5, 3 flightbeam airports, and the qw 757 the addon manager is unavoidable and the settings are in place without me saving anything to the addon manager, i removed my airports and plane that requires the addon manager as i i have switched to p3d .2.2 for good now and do not have fsx anymore on my pc accept for a backed up image.p3d iss only gonna keep getting better from here on out.

I just downloaded the 100+mb patch and when I tried to install it, it was taking forever and never did start to install the program. I click on the "open" button again, and it started to do something, then nothing. Later I click on the icon and clicked "open" another window came up, but was quickly covered up by a message saying that the windows installer could not install the patch because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may be a different version and to verify bla,bla,bla.

I going to try and download the patch again and see what happens. Any ideas, please let me know

Larry

Just downloaded a new patch, deleted the old one first, but got the same message when I tried to install the new patch? What's up with this, anyone know?

Larry

I would suggest you go to the Prepar3d forum and pose your question there.  One question I have thought is what version are you upgrading from?  You have to be upgrading from the most recent version.

Archived