Flying the Golden Gate lengthwise

Bruce Hamilton

Way back in the eighties there was a simulator on the Commodore Amiga called Interceptor with a few polygons which looked like an F18. I managed to land on that bridge back then. Haven't tried it in FSX yet. Is it possible or will we go through it?

Now you are in trouble Bruce, the California Highway Patrol are after you and you can not blame Tim..

"Alpha Niner from control, Arrest Bruce Hamiltion for a traffic violation"

NwSbT.jpg

:D  :lol:

Hey, I work for the California Highway Patrol and I'm sure the pilots would love to be able to fly that plane!

Inspired by a post from Tim Harris, so blame him if I don't make it.   :D

Great idea Bruce, now try it with a 737...

Now you are in trouble Bruce, the California Highway Patrol are after you and you can not blame Tim..

"Alpha Niner from control, Arrest Bruce Hamiltion for a traffic violation"

:D  :lol:

Fantastic chase, Jaydor! Earn some money for the tax payers! Or tell me I have overseen this brilliant paint on OZx...

Way back in the eighties there was a simulator on the Commodore Amiga called Interceptor with a few polygons which looked like an F18. I managed to land on that bridge back then. Haven't tried it in FSX yet. Is it possible or will we go through it?

Any bridge that has road traffic on it can be landed on. If you hit the surface too hard or move too fast the aircraft may fall through, FSX hard platforms can be a little buggy.

Now the bridge is about 9,000ft long and 90ft wide. What would be the largest plane you could take off with from the bridge? A Q400 has a wingspan of 93ft but a CRJ or ERJ could fit... even a BAE146 could squeeze through...

It's on OZx Gerold.. 

Linc: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3819-realair-legacy-california-highway-patrol/

Hey, I work for the California Highway Patrol and I'm sure the pilots would love to be able to fly that plane!

You can download the paint from this linc:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3819-realair-legacy-california-highway-patrol/

When I posted my question I thought, why not give it a try? So I took the ORBX Lancair and landed it nicely on the deck. I could take-off again without backtracking. Not even harming any cars. I just waited until they were far enough and then in the same time I got lucky that it was not rush hour.

I used to think that game was the ultimate.

Archived