Up the coast

Mallard

A quick flight from Brisbane to Caloundra

I finally found the TNT "terminal" at Brisbane - but pulling up with the 757 might have been a bit difficult ;)

ehBmp.jpg

Departed on runway 14

JUTPI.jpg

Saint Helena Island in the foreground - Mud Island in the background

ciR5o.jpg

Passing over Green Island

Lh2mH.jpg

After an uneventful flight: Caloundra approach

IC94E.jpg

Traffic - so I had to go around

zTBcx.jpg

a5tj.jpg

gXqz.jpg

2tKj.jpg

All went well the second time around...

mE6h.jpg

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks, mates!

Fantastic sharp shots, Mallard. Straight v´s, or sharpened by Photoshop?

All straight v-keys, just cropped and converted to JPG which reduces the quality a bit (and size of the file). And all pics are "click to enlarge". What you see is what I get in colour and sharpness (in FSX) :)

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks, mates!

All straight v-keys, just cropped and converted to JPG which reduces the quality a bit (and size of the file). And all pics are "click to enlarge". What you see is what I get in colour and sharpness (in FSX) :)

Cheers

Mallard

I can just say: Perfekt. That is real fun.

Just one thing to say, absolutely amazing shots in every respect, I am completely stunned by the clarity of the island shots and water textures, not sure sure what you are using to get these results, but they are really good.

regards

John MD

Thanks again for all the feedback and comments on this set. One of the main reasons for posting it was because I wanted to check out the port area south of Brisbane Intl and was myself surprised by the detail given to the islands in the Saint Helena nature reserve. Thought I'd have to share that ;)

I am completely stunned by the clarity of the island shots and water textures, not sure sure what you are using to get these results, but they are really good.

Thanks John - I run a rather untweaked FSX with DX10.

I went through all the tweaking guides in the day - tried everything and more often than not ended up becoming increasingly frustrated. Now all I have is the Highmemfix, Texture max load=2048, the Lod radius set at 6.5 and Bufferpools=0. That's it.

The external shots are all taken with EZdok, the colours are enhanced a little bit by SweetFX (but I don't use its sharpening function).

Cheers

Mallard

Archived