Buffalo Airways (C47 Skytrain) and Tipella, Canada

Orbxtreme

Hi, it was suggested by Gordon Madison (Tipella developer) that rather than using a DHC7, that has great decelarating capabilities, an even better practice would be to use the C47, that has to brake more slowly. So I  took-off from runway 11 for a circling landing 29 using a C47 skytrain with Buffalo colours. Here it is...

Ig8Ga.jpg

8uaR.jpg

Pg2Bv.jpg

zNYqM.jpg

931.jpg

pXTaJ.jpg

KA1M.jpg

73rPc.jpg

pA05e.jpg

ZUiux.jpg

nBt18.jpg

E58fd.jpg

gMjAZ.jpg

g56bL.jpg

NQsEv.jpg

kZiNL.jpg

w63GS.jpg

The approach for rwy 11 would also be challenging because even if there is no hills on final to deal with, there are trees close to the threshold. With nice crosswinds, it should be plenty of fun... ^-^ ! Thanks Gordon for the infos.

Cheers!

These sure are a great set of shots, must have been hairy getting the the big fella pulled up, did you bounce or float. Now you've got me wanting to try that myself.

Cheers Jeff

Well the problem with the standard FSX DC3 is that it is known to always bounce, compared to a more sophisticated one. So, I bounced indeed, which shortened the length left. But because of the clearing at the beginning of 29, you can arrive lower and ready for that eventual bounce and it leaves you enough length to break. I stopped it by the little cabin. If I had come from rwy 11, I don't know what would have been the result but eventually I shall try it. Glad that it picked your interest. Definitely worth a try. Anyway, you can't kill anybody... ;D

nice!! I also have the C-47 Buffalo Airways livery, I will have to try it out! :)

Go for it, it's lots of fun. I tell you you're not thinking of anything else while on the approach!!

Francois these are some of the best shots of Tipella that I have seen so far . Shot #8 for me was the standout of all of these amazing shots . Well done my friend .

Cheers

Brad

Well very nice of you to say Brad. I was a bit worried I was bugging the viewers with a second installment of Tipella in a short period...

Go for it, it's lots of fun. I tell you you're not thinking of anything else while on the approach!!

lol there is enough stress in the cockpit...I can't imagine in real life! :D

btw...this is the C-47 freeware that uses the default DC-3 cockpit right?

Super shots and landing Francois. Did you have to do some fancy breaking to keep from nosing over?

Thanks. The thing with the braking is that we cannot really apply progressive pressure with FSX (unless we work with the airline ones and adjust the "autobrake" to a specific level. So I just pressed the brakes for a second, released, braked again, released, so that the nose always seems to be horizontal or slowly going upward as the aircraft slows down. So we can call it "fancy"...! ;D

lol there is enough stress in the cockpit...I can't imagine in real life! :D

btw...this is the C-47 freeware that uses the default DC-3 cockpit right?

In order to have an acceptable cockpit, after you download c47basepack.zip, also download c47_interior.zip, it corrects many things.

Some smashing shots indeed François.

cheers

Iain

Thanks for the comments. At least I know that another installment of Tipella was still received ok.

Super set Francois.

Some very skilful flying.

Sorry to tell you but with first a Dash7 and now a DC-3 the authorities are getting a little suspicious as to why these large aircraft are landing at such an out of the way place.

The game could be up!

Super set Francois.

Some very skilful flying.

Sorry to tell you but with first a Dash7 and now a DC-3 the authorities are getting a little suspicious as to why these large aircraft are landing at such an out of the way place.

The game could be up!

Hey I even tried with my Arrow!!! ;)  But we all know how that ended up! :(

Archived