EGTF Fairoaks Airport - first preview

Welcome to EGTF Fairoaks Airport  :smile:

We enter now the first beta with our latest project and i am able to show you the first impressions. Hope you enjoy !

Wiki:

Fairoaks Airport (ICAO: EGTF) is an operational general aviation airport by the A319 between Chobham and Ottershaw in Surrey, England. It is 2 NM (3.7 km; 2.3 mi) north of the major town of Woking and for passengers is 2.8 miles (4.5 km) from Junction 11 of the M25 motorway which is between the M3 and A3 junctions. The airport is operated by Fairoaks Airport Ltd, owned by Albermarle Fairoaks Airport Ltd.
Fairoaks Aerodrome has a CAA Ordinary Licence (number P560) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flying instruction as authorised by the licensee (Fairoaks Airport Ltd).
The facility is used as by light aircraft, some of which are operated by its two resident training schools - Synergy Aviation and London Transport Flying Club, and as a maintenance airfield. Its business centre is substantially dedicated to aviation-related enterprises, including the headquarters of the European Regions Airline Association and the British Helicopter Advisory Board.
Fairoaks is equipped with navigational aids: coverage is provided by local beacons at Ockham, Midhurst and London Heathrow. There is a small on-site fire and rescue service, comprising two 4WD rescue vehicles.
From 1994 until 2009 one of three South East Regional Air Support Unit (Metropolitan and Surrey Police Forces) helicopters (and for a period of this time one for the latter force alone) were at Fairoaks. In June 2009, the remaining police helicopter was transferred to RAF Odiham in Hampshire on security grounds.

History

Fairoaks opened as a private airstrip in 1931, but was signed up for military use in 1936 and became RAF Fairoaks during World War II. It was used as a training airfield, with No. 18 Elementary & Reserve Flying School being formed on 1 October 1937 equipped with De Havilland Tiger Moths. 6,000 pilots were trained at the airfield, mostly in Tiger Moths. The unit was re-designated No. 18 Reserve Flying School on 14 May 1947 and was managed by Universal Flying Services. The Tiger Moths were replaced by De Havilland Canada Chipmunks in 1951 but the school was disbanded on 31 July 1953.

In the early postwar years, the airfield was managed by Universal Flying Services, which operated a flying training school and provided aircraft maintenance services. The airfield was sold by auction in 1967. Alan Mann Helicopters began operations there in 1968 after which The Alan Mann Group became the operator. The hard runway was constructed in 1979. The Alan Mann Group sold its interests in 2008 to Albermarle Fairoaks Airport Ltd which owns Fairoaks Airport Ltd, the operator. The buildings are owned by a different non-aviation company.

yKuvL.jpg

Z0q8Y.jpg

E8gra.jpg

3zUr1.jpg

lkFzR.jpg

mBDCe.jpg

bjwi.jpg

CxhDF.jpg

NSrA3.jpg

7zjbI.jpg

X9fKl.jpg

sBaWw.jpg

HKgl.jpg

61dgs.jpg

bAi5N.jpg

Q29h.jpg

BLY9H.jpg

gzhFV.jpg

tHcE.jpg

ByrO0.jpg

05uSC.jpg

R2Sz9.jpg

F3ayM.jpg

sRY42.jpg

1JxgU.jpg

TUPkr.jpg

eCz9.jpg

jQIsE.jpg

Spectacular it is.

And i like the Dears too. I know that it isnt the place for Front raising, more dear and dearherds, just mention it.

In my last FSX install i went down in the Thames London, just becourse i didnt se a random??Mother f... big flock/crowd of birds... i dont lie, feather all over and down i went..

right into the Thames..God shave the Quin,(as they say over there) I rapidly thouht, and the Thames isnt my idear of a nice 4 Oclock tea..must certainly say, Sir.

Beside FTXG and England a.o. I also  had UK2000 EGCL (Trail) installed . But as said feather all over my teacup. ::)

Henrik

It looks great! Is there any reason the rectangular building (Garage?) at the McLaren design center wasn't modeled? Not that that would stop me from getting this, just curious.

Likely because our licensed imagery was photographed before McLaren built that center. But the Yin-Yan building on finals is there which is a key VFR waypoint.

Likely because our licensed imagery was photographed before McLaren built that center. But the Yin-Yan building on finals is there which is a key VFR waypoint.

Thanks, I figured it was something like that, but wasn't sure. I'm looking forward to this addition as I flew over it today on a flight between EGHA and EGML (In the sim). :)

Thank you very much for all those nice comments :smile: .

Yeah, this was the latest satellite image with the best quality we were able to get our hands on - the airfield and close surroundings sport a 7 cm resolution, further out it is 30 cm all the way.

Unfortunately, like John mentioned, the second McLaren building wasn't there yet.

Guys it looks great but another southern airfield?

Oh we don't have much airfields in this region yet where you can fly in twin turbo props or GA jets.

Impressive set of shots Heiko , well done the scenery looks amazing ::)   I just hope it won't be a Frame rate killer as it is located very close to London Heathrow!

Thanks :smile: . It runs well and of course will come with an extensive control panel. As for London the key is to disable the street lights while flying in daytime. The new Global light system will also be introduced for the UK in the not so far future.

Thanks :smile: . It runs well and of course will come with an extensive control panel. As for London the key is to disable the street lights while flying in daytime. The new Global light system will also be introduced for the UK in the not so far future.

Thank you very much for your reply , looking forward to add another one into my collection and also looking forward for the new lighting system, which i hope it will be implemented into all FTX Regions!

Wow, you even have the Mc Laren complex in there! Very top secret but you have it to a T!! I was there a few weeks ago.

I used to fly 340's in and out of Fairoaks, always found I was running out of runway! 8)

These shots just look so real and certainly accurate. Many congratulations ::)

Guys it looks great but another southern airfield?

As a Brit expat in canada I'm waiting for some midlands airfields that I'm actually familiar with!

Sure why not?  It means they are within reasonable flight time/range of one another.

That said, I would also welcome some midlands airfields... preferably several.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived