Summer to Winter - and vice versa

Stillwater

When I started my working day as a commuter pilot in Revelstoke it appeared to be a beautiful Summer evening: Clear blue sky, mild temperatures...

OZSR.jpg

Some ice left on the mountains, adding a bit of contrast to the views:

sASIe.jpg

Mica Dam just below, which generates more power than a nuclear power plant ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica_Dam ).

ByO53.jpg

Well, the settlement named Mica did not take much profit from that - it is now in the middle of the next picture: under Kinbasket Lake...

UyoV.jpg

Climbing on the way to Jasper: Mt. Clemenceau:

otf8w.jpg

Columbia Icefield...

s5u1.jpg

CScjJ.jpg

... and crossing Mt. Columbia I felt like I suddenly arrived in Winter! At least, Air Greenlands pilots are routined under these conditions.

GhWMY.jpg

Looking down on Athabasca Glacier I spotted an interesting structure:

lL1r8.jpg

Maybe this needs another visit with a copter or ski plane. Could this be a research station or camp?

HsiL.jpg

Getting back into Summer at Jasper...

2kmC.jpg

... and finally into Valemount: The mountains and glaciers here are fantastic!

SiUET.jpg

Plane: Carenado KingAir 200. REX real weather.

Thank you all for the comments. And a very special thanks to Karsten for his detail information. I have never seen that before, great link.

Fantastic shots and great trip again Gerold. The structures you see at Athabasca Glacier are some tourist buses like this one: http://www.outdoor-magazin.com/sixcms/media.php/6/OD-2013-Adv-Explorer-Brewster-Ice-Explorer.jpg

I do expect a lot from orbx sceneries, but I did never expect to learn such a thing during a scenic flight. Chapeau!

Thank you all for the comments. And a very special thanks to Karsten for his detail information. I have never seen that before, great link.

I do expect a lot from orbx sceneries, but I did never expect to learn such a thing during a scenic flight. Chapeau!

You're welcome. There is also a lodge with some more buses. A very detailed scenery.

Archived