CBB7 DLL.xml error

When installing Tipella I get a error box telling me my DLL.XML file appears to be corrupt and cannot add the module to the XML file. It ask me if I want to make a new one. It says if I select yes that it will make a new one but all installed modules will stop working. Then it says click no to abort installation. any clues Josh

Thank you Tree Tops I followed your suggestion and all works okay now. I did look at my DLL file for any errors and found none so I don't know what the installers issue is. But thanks again for this work around. Love the new scenery guys. Josh

Confirmed.

I made a backup of the dll, then reinstalled. Copied contents of new dll back into the old and renamed backup back to dll.

Rough but works. Installer needs looking at.

My very first problem with a ftx installation.Where does the dll.xml file lives? Can`t find it.I`ve used the search funktion to no avail.

Help would be very appreciated .Thank you.

My very first problem with a ftx installation.Where does the dll.xml file lives? Can`t find it.I`ve used the search funktion to no avail.

Help would be very appreciated .Thank you.

user/AppData/roaming/Microsoft/fsx

Thank you very much.How silly.I´ve searched at fsx root folder

I also found you must run FSX first with the newly created DLL file to activate the module then close fsx and then re edit your original DLL file with the new entry.

Same here, got the problemaswell. I made a backup of the original one and let the installer create a new one. When the install process was finished, I added the lines of the old DLL.XML to the new one.

Never had such an issue before....

On the install when it said that I had DLL.XML. error it gave me the option to replace with new file . I accepted new file and have done testing now and everything seems fine with the new scenery . 

Brad

Hello Gordon,

thank You very much for creating this jewel. Thanks also to the whole ORBX/FTX-team for making dreams come true with Your wonderful sceneries in the past and hopefully in the future.

ola.gif

I downloaded the server file, ran the installer and also received the error message. Went back to my personal working beta copy installer and installed clean.

Checking the download from all thee servers to cross check. I'll post when I get the results.

Hi Gordon,

I just downloaded and tried from all three servers and got the same error...

Hope this is of help...

Accepted the file and let 'er rip - seems ok BUT, why do all the surplus trees end up on short final?  Looking at the satellite photo, it's obvious trees and brush were cleared from the approaches, more so at the south end.  Be nice to have that in the scenery, especially if you're planning to land.

Can't figure out how to add the new stuff for CBB7 to the original DLL.xml, so I'll wait until there is a fix.  I redownloaded the file but still get the same error.  I've got a great setup so I don't want to stuff it up! 

Looking forward to this scenery.

I had the same problem with error message that my DLL.XML was corrupt and if I wanted to make a new, which I tick yes. But now while running FSX I used the menu bar my "add ons" are missing. Add ons part is not even on the menu bar.

Hi Guys,

Same issues as above, had to do a system restore, reinstall addons, reinstall Scotland scenery, Rex HD, all after installing this free ware airport, took me ages, I just hope nothing else has been affected, sorry not impressed!

Mal...

Same problem with the Sibwings An 2 here. On the install when it said that I had DLL.XML. error, I also opted to replace it with the new file . The new scenery works great, but I can't fly the An 2 anymore. Everytime I try to load it, I have a CTD. All other planes work fine. 

Same problem with the Sibwings An 2 here. On the install when it said that I had DLL.XML. error, I also opted to replace it with the new file . The new scenery works great, but I can't fly the An 2 anymore. Everytime I try to load it, I have a CTD. All other planes work fine. 

What I did - after the install, by mistake confirmed "corrupted" dll and what not, couldn't start FSX at all. Found that there is a copy of the old dll made by the SibWings installation. Renamed it to the dll.xml (renamed the "new" CBB7 one first), copied from the CBB7 dll the relevant piece into the current dll and all seems to work just fine, even with the AN-2 there. I know - clear as mud, but perhaps something to consider, before the proper solution is found.

Got the same error message.Made the mistake of accepting the write over. I had a backup made by A2A some time ago so no problem.

Opened both in a text editor. The "new" one now only had one entry. Copied all the other XML groups from the backup. No problem. This should be fixed though.

Archived