-= July 2013 Product Roadmap =-

John Venema

Scotland won't be released on DVD, we stopped all DVD production some months ago. There may be copies of Wales still available at some resellers. If you want to take advantage of the 15% discount on Scotland we suggest getting Wales from the flightsimstore.com to qualify.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have missed the announcement by ORBX that after SAK there would be no more boxed DVD scenery issued.  Of course you can at the time you download the scenery area from FSS request a DVD backup of the file.  It is a plain jane DVD no 'purty pitchers' or anything just a hard backup of your purchased software.  It is very reasonably priced if you want it.

You must have missed the announcement by ORBX that after SAK there would be no more boxed DVD scenery issued.  Of course you can at the time you download the scenery area from FSS request a DVD backup of the file.  It is a plain jane DVD no 'purty pitchers' or anything just a hard backup of your purchased software.  It is very reasonably priced if you want it.

You must have missed the announcement

I had read that. If I go to FSS and request a DVD backup do I still have to first download the scenery or is their DVD backup disc the same as a boxed DVD that I can use to add the scenery.  My downloading takes forever over my phone line.

As far as I know the DVD is simply the download file burned to the disc.  I'm almost certain that you would have to pay for the download even if you did not download the file.  The backup DVD is a slight extra cost item for those who want a 'hard copy' of the file.  Adrian would be able to confirm that you would have to pay the software price plus the small cost of the DVD for certain.

I sympathize with slow download via phone line (ah the memories of phone modems).

This is one amazing schedule here JV!

Thank You very much for sharing!

Very impressive!

I really need to upgrade my PC a bit over the next few months ahead, because there is really, really lots of great areas announced here which i am eagerly waiting for!

The combination of FTX Global+OpenLC+various ORBX Region Packages+various airport sceneries will certainly and once and for all change our all simming experience to the noticeably better - something like a eal game changer!

Now if one of the next versions of Prepar 3D finally also offers a reliable engine for it all and to do the work needed in the background in a reliable manner - then i think we can consider ourselves very happy flightsimmers indeed!

Upon release of FTX Global, Other airport developers and retailers such as Aerosoft and Justflight are surely going to have increased sales figures for airports throughout the world, now that we have a decent Orbx world beneath us soon.

I am already looking at purchasing Brazil, Mexico and some Scandinavian airports...this is very good news for retailers because I am sure many thousands will be doing the same.

But...if more people are purchasing airports to cover "their Orbx World" they may be less inclined to spend their hard earned cash on Orbx region airports as opposed to populating their new Orbx world via other airport/field developers.

Already I see new little grass strip airfields coming available targeting Orbx customers from non Orbx developers...

I would hope they appreciate the future increase in turnover and thank Orbx appropiately

You must have missed the announcement

I had read that. If I go to FSS and request a DVD backup do I still have to first download the scenery or is their DVD backup disc the same as a boxed DVD that I can use to add the scenery.  My downloading takes forever over my phone line.

You don't still have to download the scenery.  You pay just slightly more (basically the postage and handling cost) and the DVD is sent to you.  You will have to use an Internet connection to validate the software before installing, but this only requires downloading a tiny "key" file, and can even be done on a different computer to the one you intend to install the scenery on.

I'm really looking forward to Ireland and Northern Ireland, my ancestral homes and favourite places on earth to visit. I'll be curious to see how Northern Ireland is handled due to its small area (smaller than Wales)...maybe we'll see an airport included? There's a few good candidates that haven't been touched by payware yet (Belfast City, Derry etc).

Has EGKH Lashenden/Headcorn now been dropped John. It was on the original list. I see that in the latest FTX England update the scenery has been changed around it which is a great improvement.

FSS0186795

FSS0193848

FSS0198984

FSS0200283

FSS0209356

FSS0210161

Yes EGKH has been dropped for reasons I've gone into detail in other topics. The only small GA airports that will be released for the UK are ones that are still in production by the team. Our focus moving forward is slightly larger airports that are Q400/NGX capable across a further geographical spread across the UK.

July 2013

FTX Global Base Pack

PAJN Juneau for SAK

65S Bonners Ferry for NRM

EGHI Southampton Intl for ENG

NZQN Queenstown for NZSI

Happy July everybody!

What is it you English say on the first of the month, something about white rabbits?  Not sure what that was about.... anyway, here we are, looks like this will be another busy month, with several titles that many of us have really been waiting for.

Its a great shame that the smaller airfields have been dropped John. That is where most of us that have that have a PPL fly from. It surely is the core business for Orbx. I, for one learnt to fly at Headcorn many moons ago, and am hugely disappointed that EGKH is no longer being produced. I brought the other airfields on the assumption that EGKH would be produced. It was on the roadmap on New Years Eve.

I wont cry for any of your Guys& teams, Only for the Danish i will cry, if we have a team?, in the game???..I really dont know noting about it!! ???

But still i hope we will winn BIG!! ...or something afterall ::) and i will cry as i where wipped. : and payed for it. 8)

Henrik

Sorry to bring this up again ( I feel that an answer from an Orbx staff member would be a more satisfactory result), but is there a plan for AI traffic for EU: England, Wales and Scotland at all from Orbx?

Also....

Will the Isle of Man (The small island between the UK and Ireland which is host to the most amazing motorcycle racing event each year) be done too?

Kind regards.

Tim....

No we're not doing an AI traffic pack for the UK or EU, and no we won't be doing the Isle of Man because Earth Simulations have a very detailed photoreal IOM coming out soon (although personally I feel their price is a bit steep).

Its a great shame that the smaller airfields have been dropped John. That is where most of us that have that have a PPL fly from. It surely is the core business for Orbx. I, for one learnt to fly at Headcorn many moons ago, and am hugely disappointed that EGKH is no longer being produced. I brought the other airfields on the assumption that EGKH would be produced. It was on the roadmap on New Years Eve.

Yeah, Headcorn! Did my first few hundred skydives there; would love it to be ORBX'd :)

Like your favorite baseball team not making the playoffs, wait until next year.  :P

Ah yes, hope springs eternal...  except in my case it would be like waiting until hell freezes over.

Why?  There's a prefect good redition of PASI in the Tongass Fjords package!

There is a DAMN good rendition of PASI in that package.  Holger did that and he is part of ORBX now.  Google Tongass X and get it -- it is as close as you can get to a FTX region without actually being that, and it fits seamlessly in between SAK and Pacific Fjords.

Hi guys,

If you have an airport/scenery you think we should 'create' you're better off making a post in the general discussion area, clearly state the location, some history or a reason why it is special to you, and if you REALLY want to get something started...offer to take or help out with ground level photos!

Archived