A Mixed Bag

WOW - I am not sure where to begin with these . The clouds , water and clarity are spot on . Also a great mix of AC with some great captures of them . Thanks for posting these beauties . ::)  ::)

Have a great weekend yourself my friend . 

Brad

Amazing shots.

Right now I am installing SAK. Now after looking at your pics I am looking forward even more :)

Well I'll tell you one thing, you will be quite astounded when you see the detail the OrbX team has put into many areas in the Southern Alaska coverage area. For example, screenshots number 14 and 16 in my opening post is from Homer Alaska (PAHO) a city that I didn't really expect to have as much detail around the main airport as it does, it has as much detail as one of OrbX's freeware airports! Keep it low and slow, if you fly to high above the mountain ranges and the valley's you will miss 50% of the great scenery. :)

Thanks everyone else for all of the replies, they are much appreciated. I have found to make my screenshots have variation, especially the colours, I change my Shade presets and pick random sunsets, sunrises and sky textures in REX. I also swap in and out John Venema's various ENB palettes that he has posted in his ENB thread.

Great shots Jocko, every one of have nice color and detail. Question; do you use FSGlobal or FSGenesis.

I currently use FS Genesis for the rest of North America, areas that OrbX products don't cover, and also some Next Map Mesh as well. I use the FS Genesis mesh under 'Ground Environment Extreme' and 'Ultimate Terrain Canada/USA'. The reason I have the FS Genesis Mesh turned off in the OrbX coverage areas like SAK and PNW is because OrbX has customized the underlying mesh to form things like glaciers, flood and tidal planes. Using the FS Genesis Mesh would not show elevation data for many OrbX landscape features. 

BTW, the shading program I use called "Shade" tends to accentuate terrain features (mesh) by changing the direction of light sources thus revealing and showing smaller hills, cracks and peaks in the terrain mesh. When run alongside ENB Series and REX, you can create some pretty cool looking environments within FSX. Last time I checked I think the program "Shade" cost something like 8 dollars.

I currently use FS Genesis for the rest of North America, areas that OrbX products don't cover, and also some Next Map Mesh as well. I use the FS Genesis mesh under 'Ground Environment Extreme' and 'Ultimate Terrain Canada/USA'. The reason I have the FS Genesis Mesh turned off in the OrbX coverage areas like SAK and PNW is because OrbX has customized the underlying mesh to form things like glaciers, flood and tidal planes. Using the FS Genesis Mesh would not show elevation data for many OrbX landscape features. 

BTW, the shading program I use called "Shade" tends to accentuate terrain features (mesh) by changing the direction of light sources thus revealing and showing smaller hills, cracks and peaks in the terrain mesh. When run alongside ENB Series and REX, you can create some pretty cool looking environments within FSX. Last time I checked I think the program "Shade" cost something like 8 dollars.

Thanks Jocko for the valuable information and for sharing that with me. i just picked up "Mogwaisoft-Shade for FSX" a couple of days a go and will give it a try, but still debating on whether or not to buy Mesh program. Thank you again Jocko 

Archived