Mildura to Melbourne with REX

VH-KDK

It was enevitable I would fly from Mildura to Melbourne in the REX SAAB, a flight I used to do regularly when I lived in Mildura.

1. uV5zI.jpg

Passing YMIA after taking off from rwy 27. Cabarita is on the left below Lake Hawthorn.

2.qWTs.jpg

Leaving Mildura behind, Irymple is lower right.

3.vCL0e.jpg

Red Cliffs 15 km from Mildura. Directly forwards of the nose is where my farm was.

4.PYmtW.jpg

The Hattah Lakes in the Murray-Kulkyne Park. Used to be a good place for yabbying.

5.NZ4I.jpg

The Murray River at Retail Bend.

6.EOzbw.jpg

Looking over towards Managatang. ORBX have done the scenery so well but you don't realise the number of salt pans in the Mallee area until you get in the air. For those who don't know salt is a major problem brought on by the massive land clearance here.

7.YnZf.jpg

Robinvale is on the right with Euston on the left of the Murray. The river marks the border of Victoria and NSW which is on the left of the river.

8.h4adL.jpg

9.mNrq.jpg

Swan Hill

10.1EqmD.jpg

The former Catalina base at Lake Boga. A preserved example can bee seen in the excellent museum here. Lake Charm is on the right with Mystic Park(love that name) just in front of the SAAB.

11. 35lEC.jpg

Leaving the Murray now approaching Boort.

12.GRVCg.jpg

13.26HM4.jpg

Bendigo. Not too far to go now.

14.p1mDy.jpg

Passing Lancefield.

15.rsBt7.jpg

Gisborne with Mount Macedon behind.

16.kT9xS.jpg

Close to Oaklands Junction.

17.nj43.jpg

About to land on rwy 16. Interesting to see this in real life as Thai Airways 772s have cameras now, so its good to watch the landing on the screen.

18.PuvNo.jpg

That is it, safely down.

Vey nicely done Martyn !!

Adam

Loved the flight Martyn - both shots & commentary.

Cheers.

Great set of shots Martyn

Great flight, shots, and explanations here, Martyn. Fantastic to see you recognized a part of your life on the ground!

That is a great looking AC , thanks for posting these quality shots Martyn . 

Brad

Sure are nice Martyn.

cheers

Iain

Su

Great set of shots Martyn. Beautiful livery ::)

Thanks for taking us along on your tours! Must be fun flying over "home turf"...

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks everyone. Good to see the old area again and ORBX have made a wonderful representation of the Sunraysia area.

Very nice set of shots Martyn , beautiful plane! Which one is it?

Thanks Mike. Here are links to the SAAB. There are several other textures to choose from too.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FSX+Saab+340+Package&x=9&y=12

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=SAAB+340+REGIONAL+EXPRESS+TEXTURES&x=14&y=10

The magic of re-creating real life.  Good to see you back up and running as normal with the REX..  :)

Thanks James. Just lost 1 evening. Did a systems restore and everything OK.

I just made a nice trip with your pictures. Sorry that you had to get rid of your farm.

Thank you Francois. The joys of farming in Australia. Over regulation and poor prices from buyers. Out of it now and happy.

Thanks Mike. Here are links to the SAAB. There are several other textures to choose from too.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=SAAB+340+REGIONAL+EXPRESS+TEXTURES&x=14&y=10

Thank you Francois. The joys of farming in Australia. Over regulation and poor prices from buyers. Out of it now and happy.

It was enevitable I would fly from Mildura to Melbourne in the REX SAAB, a flight I used to do regularly when I lived in Mildura.

1. uV5zI.jpg

Passing YMIA after taking off from rwy 27. Cabarita is on the left below Lake Hawthorn.

2.qWTs.jpg

Leaving Mildura behind, Irymple is lower right.

3.vCL0e.jpg

Red Cliffs 15 km from Mildura. Directly forwards of the nose is where my farm was.

4.PYmtW.jpg

The Hattah Lakes in the Murray-Kulkyne Park. Used to be a good place for yabbying.

5.NZ4I.jpg

The Murray River at Retail Bend.

6.EOzbw.jpg

Looking over towards Managatang. ORBX have done the scenery so well but you don't realise the number of salt pans in the Mallee area until you get in the air. For those who don't know salt is a major problem brought on by the massive land clearance here.

7.YnZf.jpg

Robinvale is on the right with Euston on the left of the Murray. The river marks the border of Victoria and NSW which is on the left of the river.

8.h4adL.jpg

9.mNrq.jpg

Swan Hill

10.1EqmD.jpg

The former Catalina base at Lake Boga. A preserved example can bee seen in the excellent museum here. Lake Charm is on the right with Mystic Park(love that name) just in front of the SAAB.

11. 35lEC.jpg

Leaving the Murray now approaching Boort.

12.GRVCg.jpg

13.26HM4.jpg

Bendigo. Not too far to go now.

14.p1mDy.jpg

Passing Lancefield.

15.rsBt7.jpg

Gisborne with Mount Macedon behind.

16.kT9xS.jpg

Close to Oaklands Junction.

17.nj43.jpg

About to land on rwy 16. Interesting to see this in real life as Thai Airways 772s have cameras now, so its good to watch the landing on the screen.

18.PuvNo.jpg

That is it, safely down.

Thank you very much for the info Martyn!

Archived