Time for a Holiday: Introducing Broome International Airport YBRM

Thanks very much guys, appreciate all the nice comments :)

Like this alot I like the western oz desert feeling I think I will be doing some tube flights from perth to broome in the near future

Just out of curiosity, I was doing a bit of measuring in Google Earth the other night for exactly this reason - Cairns>Broome is only a couple hundred km's longer, and another interesting route could be Alice Springs>Broome. All would easily fall into a 2-3 hour flight in the NGX.

Question. Would this look okay with the Holgermesh Austrailia (freeware) if I bought airport only?

Whilst we always recommend purchasing the base region (in this case AU Green, or AU SP4 for the whole country), if you were to use YBRM without you'd loose some components such as the lovely ORBX autogen textures, aligned road traffic, and of course all blending at the edges of the scenery.

Jarrad your work is stunning.....just an enormous amount of detail right there, looking forward to seeing it progress. You got me as a customer for sure

One thing which really struck me is the way that in shot 15 each one of those individual cones actually follows the slope of the terrain....just superb attention to detail, such little things add so much

Nice spotting mate - the groundskeepers probably won't appreciate my rather erratic placement of the cones, but I think it adds a little bit of character! For this blast shield (and a few other areas such as the run-up bay) I wasn't happy with the results I was getting manipulating the terrain itself, so I modelled these in Max in order to squeeze a little more detail into them.

Lastly, I have read a few questions elsewhere regarding the type of ground-poly I've created for Broome. I was very lucky to have access to up-to-date (Nov 2012) and very high quality aerial imagery, and as such really wished to incorporate this as much as possible throughout the scenery. The GP is a combination of a highly edited version of the 7cm imagery, combined with totally synthesized lines, markings and stencillings, and topped off with "noise" layers to add an extra layer of detail and realism. This results in a GP that shows all the blemishes, variations, dust and cracks of the actual airport (perfectly demonstrated in this photo of YBRM), whilst still retaining a high fidelity at ground level. I've done up a quick screenshot set that shows the differing levels of detail depending on height.

Posted Image

Cheers,

Jarrad

Nice spotting mate - the groundskeepers probably won't appreciate my rather erratic placement of the cones, but I think it adds a little bit of character! For this blast shield (and a few other areas such as the run-up bay) I wasn't happy with the results I was getting manipulating the terrain itself, so I modelled these in Max in order to squeeze a little more detail into them.

Lastly, I have read a few questions elsewhere regarding the type of ground-poly I've created for Broome. I was very lucky to have access to up-to-date (Nov 2012) and very high quality aerial imagery, and as such really wished to incorporate this as much as possible throughout the scenery. The GP is a combination of a highly edited version of the 7cm imagery, combined with totally synthesized lines, markings and stencillings, and topped off with "noise" layers to add an extra layer of detail and realism. This results in a GP that shows all the blemishes, variations, dust and cracks of the actual airport (perfectly demonstrated in this photo of YBRM), whilst still retaining a high fidelity at ground level. I've done up a quick screenshot set that shows the differing levels of detail depending on height.

Posted Image

Cheers,

Jarrad

Yes I did notice you had used that kind of Ground poly, I think for larger areas it creates a better effect than fully synthetic and you also don't have nearly as many sheets. Lookin fantastic :)

I am really getting miore and more excited about this great looking airport day by day!

Just recently created a "Company-Route" based on various sources such as SkyVector and FlightAware for my first flight into YBRM from YBAS and with the NGX.

It will be a real "straight forward" flight actually:

YBAS - ... - T11 - ... - BRM

So: Depending on my "Cost Index", weight, winds and weather it will most likely take me just a bit more than 1.5 hours or so to touch down at YBRM!

Really can't wait to go there and start exploring this part of Australia again, after not having been there for ages almost!

Super!

Cheers, Christoph

Canberra CiryScape is coming after Bathurst, it will blow everyone away I can promise you!

That is great news indeed John. Ii have waited a long time for Bathurst. Bathurst was to be my home airport in Australia. Probably still will be even though I am moving over to the Central Coast in the next couple of months.

Why do I find myself checking the FTX storefront 2 times daily to see if this product is released for sale?

Only two times a day?

Better I dont tell you how many times I used to........

Archived