[FTX GLOBAL] using TRUElandscape FRANCE demo LC

Hello all,

I just wanted to show you FTX Global working with the demo of TRUElandscape FRANCE which was released recently by France VFR. This demonstrates how FTX Global can adapt to any LC product you place in the highest priority in your scenery library.

These are scenes from the Cognac area above Bordeaux.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is actually a big step further into a realistic depiction of Europe than your previous sreenshots were. The annotation of fields, forests and urban areas with hardly any buildings outside of towns and villages is much more typical for Europe. It actually shows to me the importance of combinig a good Landclass with FTX Global. Impressive.

I wonder how it looks like with UTX Europe...

Regards,

Nick

Hi, obviously you would also need to add good mesh below (France VFR has a 4.5m which is great) and something like their offer "reperes and obstacles" above that adds tons of stuff (from every single churches in france to every single powerline, bridge, nuclear plants, specific buildings etc). Then you get something that would look like a orbx region.

Harbor docks looks like big white empty zones in the screenshots, is there a way for FTX Global to fill them up with cranes and containers ? I think UTX does that.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be dim guys, but can someone please explain to me the benefits of having another scenery in addition to FTX Global? What is TRUELandscape France and what does it have that FTX Global doesn't? Cheers...

TRUElandscape France and FTXglobal are complementary.FTX global is mainly textures and autogen.TRUElandscape is a very accurate landclass+landscape of France.

I have seen TRUElandscape France with generic FSX textures and I try to imagine what It can be with FTX global.The mix can be something like ORBX England with a precision than even the little tiny village is represented,and the beautiful rendering of FTX global

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it ! At 3000Ft it's absolutely magical, even with default textures.But for real VFR, under 3000 ft we'll need FTX global for sure.

You can appreciate all  the diversity of french landscape in this addon.

To be used with a very good mesh (lod 11. 12 or even 13).

Con : The light grey harbours area  texture is simply horrible, maybe FTX global can fix that ? ::)

Alps from Mont Blanc To Ste Victoire" Cézanne mountain"...using TRUElandscape  FRANCE  final version but without FTX global

8713737220_051235c444_h.jpg

8712614449_4323f06bca_h.jpg

8713737978_16e9e00865_h.jpg

8712615251_cb98289569_h.jpg

8713736406_ffeda1d204_h.jpg

It's even more than amazing. It's incredibly precise ! At the end it is much better than a  photoreal scene and the effect is absolutely realistic. With FTX global on it, this one is going to be a n°1 for any virtual pilot that wants to appreciate the high diversity of french landscape...until FTX makes a french scenery of course. ;)

Only hope that it is not this one that creates me blurries in P3D...

Looks very nice - does it play well with FTX EU ENG? I know some folks were having problems with the rest of Europe if they flew out of England and over to France, say. I have to admit that I've never strayed across the Channel while I've been using FTX England so I don't know if I have any problems there.

Cheers

Jack

Looks very nice - does it play well with FTX EU ENG? I know some folks were having problems with the rest of Europe if they flew out of England and over to France, say.

I would say you'd probably want Central set on default while flying over France, at least until Global is released.

I would say you'd probably want Central set on default while flying over France, at least until Global is released.

I've just tested it .It works without any problem even with FTX Europe activated and with UTX roads and railroads.TLSC is a must to fly over France! ::)

Archived