New bird around Hoquiam...

Skyroamer

So...I was out and about on the web looking for a new low-and-slow aircraft the other day (A2A Cub, or something similar). I spent a few hours finding the "perfect fit" ;D ...but just couldnt decide. I felt like I already had other airplanes that could do the same job. Just then, I noticed that I dont really have a quality transport category passenger airplane for FSX! I do own the Level-D 767, the ATR 72-500, and the Super 80, but all those virtual cockpits are painful to look at after experiencing the RealAir Duke, etc... I considered a 737 (there are two very competitive models out there), but that was just too high and too fast for Orbx (IMHO). I found the perfect balance in the PMDG JS41. Fast, somewhat low-flying (Orbx looks phenomenal in the 15000 to 20000 ft range), has a superb flight model, and excellent system modeling. Anyhow...Just took it out for my first flight today from Bowerman to Longview Ranch, and snapped a few shots!

Parked at the large GA parking spot...

Posted Image

Holding short for landing traffic...

Posted Image

Taking off, runway 24

Posted Image

Climbing out. Love the photoreal bay!

Posted Image

The view from 14000 ft...

Posted Image

Cheers!

Whats the fps like?

The FPS is not great right now...I had a problem with the new gaming computer I had purchased and had to return it, so I am using my old rig for a few weeks, which is about 6 years old. I get consistently 10-15 FPS, but it is smooth (isnt that an oxymoron? lol). I am expecting/hoping that when I get my new rig back it will be better!

Once you have the operations sorted, I would highly recommend you adding the FS2Crew J41 Voice. This has to be one of the best planes to control the copilots action with voice commands.

Great pics and hope you enjoy it as many of us already do.

... but ended up preferring the Realair Lancair.

I have been in the "buy now" screen of that Lancair many times...such a great looking airplane! It's just a matter of time before I get it!

Once you have the operations sorted, I would highly recommend you adding the FS2Crew J41 Voice. This has to be one of the best planes to control the copilots action with voice commands.

Great pics and hope you enjoy it as many of us already do.

This may very well be the first airplane I buy a virtual copilot for...the workload is pretty intense with such sensitive engines!

Archived