What will we see for Xmas?

ba43

Alright! The exciting new release of England looks to me that it's a must have addition. I am sure it will be a big success and congratulations are in order for the team.

Now, while everybody in Orbx land is in England and out flying along the Cliffs of Dover, what might be next?

My Christmas list has Southern Alaska at the top. But I feel that is probably not going to happen. That's not all of course. Northern California would be great too.

What about you?

Brad

Hi guys,

This is not a promise of "when" it will come out but I can safely tell you that SAK is next and being actively worked. Holger is busy getting service packs for CRM, NRM and NZSI ready to go and then he can get back to SAK. If it doesn't make it this year it will be out early next year. (we're really trying for this year but remember I'm not promising).

Cheers, Neil

Hi guys,

This is not a promise of "when" it will come out but I can safely tell you that SAK is next and being actively worked. Holger is busy getting service packs for CRM, NRM and NZSI ready to go and then he can get back to SAK. If it doesn't make it this year it will be out early next year. (we're really trying for this year but remember I'm not promising).

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for the info, Neil. I will take either one or both anytime. I am just now working my way down the Oregon coast in PNW but I still like a flight around PAKT just to remember Alaska will be coming next. S45 is a good draw to the area, but a fight from the San Francisco Bay area down to Pebble Beach should be a real stunner.

The new AI package for PNW was also a nice thing to get. Lots of work went into getting 600 new planes together. Makes we want to fly around just to be a spotter for the new AI.

Ray

To the OP, I was just think prior to reading this post and on the release of England, how this time last year we had a list of what 6?8? addons set to drop before Xmas. So glad to see the pressure of what happen then to the Orbx developer team is not on them to do it again this season.

To Neil, thanks for the news, SAK will be a very welcoming area for me. Of all the items on the "to come" Orbx list, SAK and NZMF are the ones I am looking to get upon release.

That's fantastic news! I can't wait to get back to Glacier Bay and then discover even more of this area. Thank you for the small update and I look forward to seeing some teaser shots soon.

RTMM is ready!

Brad

Is it me, or does Northern California keep on getting pushed back? I believe it was slated to be "next" twice now. It's a little disappointing, but that's just my humble opinion.

Yeah SRM has also been pushed to a back burner or at least I hope its still on the stove top.

Seriously, how many places can you guys really fly at any one time. I doubt that anybody has exhausted all the current sceneries provided. I know that I am still exploring Australia the original...how long ago was that produce?. It is one thing to comment about how great the current Orbx scenery is and then start to ask for more it is a bit like Oliver Twist.

I know you guys mean well but I agree with jaykae "banging his head against a wall".

Agreed Bassman. I can hardly decide now where to fly in all my FTX land! Just D/L the England package too. Tho I'm from N California and love the Alaska area, I'm just glad they are being worked on. Whenever they come out will be the perfect time for me.

Like Ray, I'm on the West coast of USA not going the opposite direction. Just now heading into the Bowerman area. It'll take me another month to get back up to Alaska proper, not to mention I just downloaded Fishbones "Barnstormers" scenery package from RTMM. :P

Beginning to look like the country that got ORBX started has been forgotten. Would be nice to see Bathurst (YBTH) and Rockhampton completed.

Over the last 12 months since retiring I am becoming more selective with my purchases. At the moment I am not contemplating purchasing EU-England as I have many WWII era airfields and the series of airfields called Alf's UK airfields which I doubt would be compatible with the ORBX product. At the moment I am keeping my money for Bathurst, Rockhampton and Canberra city. At the present time I feel that I am in for a looooong wait.

Wow, I was just saying I was disappointed. I live in Northern California and was looking forward to it sooner rather than later. I wasn't blaming anyone or scoffing at any projects released or yet to be released. Jeez...

Hey Chunk,

I'm pushing to make sure NCA gets out, it's where I grew up (born in Oakland) so those 360+ airports were a labor of love.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks Neil! I was born, raised, and still live in about a 25 mile radius of Oakland.

I was wondering where we would go next too. If you look at the members map, it looks like the market centres. Four areas, Australia/NZ, West Coast-NA, East Coast-NA, and the Eurozone. Let's face it, Australia is done, West Coast of NA, is about 60% done, Eurozone on the way, hopefully including Norway/Baltic area, Switzerland, and Greece. Eurozone is interesting as most major/midsize airports done to high quality already. This leaves the US North East, big area, lots of Orbx members ie good market potential. So I would expect some announcement for this area. After all, didn't most of us start flight simming, learning to fly from Long Island to Martha's vineyard! One big gap is Japan, are there no simmers, there are many active flight sim pages. Would love to see an Orbx Japan.

OMG where will Orbx end, Japan you say, China must be next. What a great untapped market that will be for Orbx when you consider that country's plans to open the GA market in the near future and the huge following IT gaming has in that country. To me the world is Orbx's oyster and we will all just have to wait (impatiently) for each release.Like aussieman I am waiting on Bathurst , Rockhampton and dare I hope Gold Coast International.

John Venema's comment on Chinese sales, truly a good one. Remember when Manchester United went to China a few years ago, jersey sales were about 200 hundred million items, they are still waiting for the money!

I'm delighted to see that Spokane is in the works.

My biggest (only) disappointment in NRM was the rather weak rendering of a city I fly into with some regularity.

Thank you, ORBX for making this all better. The sample screenshots look GREAT!!!

(Perhaps it will stave off my hunger while NorCal gets ready to push back.)

Regards

Hi Neil,

An area called New England/Meritimes (NEM) is on the drawing board and some airports have actually completed 1st pass. It's a ways down the pike but where's there's a start there's hope.

Cheers, another Neil

I live in the New England Maritime coverage area so yes I am very happy to hear all that great news. My earlier post about SRM was not so much about the actual SRM but how it will bring the coverage area closer to all the great National Parks of the Southwest.

I own land in Colorado which will be in the SRM coverage area so yes I would love to see that region still come into play but for all those who have never gotten a chance to see all that the Southwest offers as far as terrain and colors which would be a region southwest of the SRM...that is where FTX would really shine.Southern Utah, Northern Arizona. Monument Valley, the Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon, The Painted Desert, the slick rock and arches of Arches and Moab, all the mesa's and the grand staircase with all its many colors, Zion, auto-gen Cactus and adobe homes, the Grand Canyon...it wouldnt be about the addon airports that make this region awesome but just the terrain and colors it offers.

As for the OP, it looks like there might be two great airports in time for Xmas that will be in my stocking once released!

Hi Neil,

An area called New England/Meritimes (NEM) is on the drawing board and some airports have actually completed 1st pass. It's a ways down the pike but where's there's a start there's hope.

Cheers, another Neil

Hi Neil,

Is this going to include both the waters of the Northeast US Continental Shelf (BCR 30) and Scotian Shelf (BCR 14)....OMG!!! i'm in long island NY please!!! make sure the (BCR 30) is included.

Posted Image

Cheers, Danny

Hi Danny,

It's eastern edge includes all of Cape Breton Island, is that far enough? It's southern boundary is the southern coast of Connecticut so no Long Island. It's currently the 3rd NA area in line and my "hope" is that it would be out by maybe Christmas next year but that's no promise. It all depends on resources available to work it.

Cheers, Neil

Bill and Spok.

I hope you guy's are just kidding about not getting John's sales to China comment. China is still the black hole of copyright protection. If coal and iron were software, Australian sales would have been one lump of coal and one of iron!

Back to Orbx, the Maritimes and SRM, present something to look forward to, I certainly am.

Archived