Issues with the latest MSFS update 13 ?

carlosqr

Hello

It is quite difficult to get assistance int he MS forum so wanted to try here

Has anybody got to this point or similar?

qD7WPlz.jpg

Everything is downloaded

I checked I have good space in the disk yet

My internet connection is working fine

If you encountered this issue what did you do?

I'm hesitant to pause it and then make it worst, to mess it up

Should I leave it there until it reacts?

I fear that doing that then when trying again I find worst issues

Thanks in advance

Carlos

• Sad 1

it seems the issues were very hit and miss though, I luckily encountered no download or decompression problems and also my logbook is there....it's really weird how it effects some and not others, could it just be something like a rogue few servers playing up or something? let's hope they sort for those that are in a never ending circle...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I once had the decompression problem which Carlos is seeing. It was when first installing MSFS on a new computer. As I remember I searched the forums and found that it was a known problem which seemed to occur randomly with no known solution (I got round it by copying the installation from my old computer to my new one and have not had a problem since). Don't know if MS have any idea as to why it occurs.

Just leaving it seems to do no good.

Anyway, with the current update, I've been fortunate and encountered no problems.

Hope you manage to get the issue sorted Carlos.

All the best,

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I hope it gets fixed soon

Hi Carlos

I had the same experience yesterday evening, so this morning I restored my latest backup, then I started MSFS again and allowed it to update while I was away from the PC.

It completed without any problems, then checking the Content Manager a further 15 updates were listed, installing those with no problems.

Thankfully that backup made it easy to overcome the MSFS error, so another backup this evening :)

Edited by Smudger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, renault said:

In addition there is a step by step guide on how to deal with the decompressing issue

Thanks Pete.

Found it :)

UPDATE: Resolution of Sim Update 13 Download/Installation Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator / News & Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Although all was fine this time I'll save the link just in case I get the problem again in the future!

All the best,

John

• Thanks 2

Hi guys

Yes, this morning it was the same for me so I checked the Forum and right at the home page found the instructions

GrcgpMz.jpg

I did it and worked

I'm currently updating the World Updated as usual, finally

aBcxEw7.jpg

Thank you very much for your concern and assistance

Have a great weekend

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Nick Cooper,

‘Mine has apparently been installed but when looking for other updates, it is stuck on this:’

14.jpg

Nick, I had the very same problem - was stuck on Content Manager screen with full Community Folder,

After trying to isolate the problem Community files - I found latest Rex Accuseason Advanced was the culprit,

further investigation is pointing to the fact that it is the specific Rex Accuseason terrain texture folders that are causing this glitch…

• Upvote 1