MSFS: More PAC XSTOL

TigerTigerM

This time the Skydiver out of Mt Cook, NZ, over Orbx NZ mesh, & a couple for the Freight variant trying to ILS into PAKT.

Haven't got that sorted yet.

TTM

p-1.jpg

p-2.jpg

p-3.jpg

Departed PAKT, Rwy 11 & now circling back to come back into Rwy 11 on an ILS track. I was able to capture the Nav1 morse signal but couldn't hold the descent to 3%, it was steeper.

I was using the standard GPS as the TDI decided it wanted a reset.

p-4.jpg

Too low this far out so it was hand flown in rather than on the AP.

p-5.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Glenn, can this plane be fitted out with the TDS GTN 750?  

Jack, I have the TDS GTNXi & can, via the tablet, switch it in per the product comment below.

The GTNXi is working well so far & I am going to test it further. Per John's comment, the 750 is not yet 'fittable'.

TTM

"A panel-mounted tablet allows you to configure parts of the aircraft, like connecting ground power, switching the display units, and enabling TDS GTNXi support."

Edited by TigerTigerM
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 1:57 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Sad, they could have had a $ale today.  Thanks John.

I showed this elsewhere and repeat it here just in case you missed my earliest -

so now you can happily buy the Bird - She's great to fly

Screenshot 2022-10-12 214403.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I showed this elsewhere and repeat it here just in case you missed my earliest -

so now you can happily buy the Bird - She's great to fly

Screenshot 2022-10-12 214403.jpg

John, I just read about the update on FSElite and they mention the PMS 750.  I use the TDS version.  Is this incorporated in this update as I don't want to have two different GNT 750'd installed in my sim.

Thanks.

Jack - I am not familiar with TDS version - and you also mention GNT 750 - and this is new to me - unless these are the Payware versions we

had in P3d ---and I am aware of a payware version XIi or something  - that is also around

As to 2 versions in your sim - this is a freeware  package and is now used in quite a few aircraft - inc 5  Carenados -  Cessna 414AW - JFlt - and others

and becoming quite common -- however - maybe you should go to the site and note the freeware Pack and the payware pack (subscription)

GPS for MSFS2020 (pms50.com)    and look at the number of aircraft that can use this freeware. it is close to the G3000 that you are familiar with 

in BM930 and the HJet and Longtitude Jet

I used to use the p3D one and I find very little difference in the way I use it

Maybe someone else can tune in with more advice

• Like 1