Lord Howe Island

paulb

Superb set of shots Paul.  The last in particular is superb.

I also really like the second and third shots - the airport looks as though it is smack bang in the middle of hobbiton!  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caluma65 said:

Superb set of shots Paul.  The last in particular is superb.

I also really like the second and third shots - the airport looks as though it is smack bang in the middle of hobbiton!  Cheers,

Calum

Thanks Calum :). I enjoyed putting it together. That rock out at sea is amazing!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Top shots and coverage of this magic island Paul. That last one "sunset" is extra nice. Having been there, I can tell you it is really a magic place. 

Don

Many thanks Don :). That must have been an amazing trip for you. It does look a special place.

44 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

It is indeed - spectacular backdrop.  Cheers,

Calum

I just researched it Calum :).

"Ball's Pyramid is an erosional remnant of a shield volcano and caldera lying 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Lord Howe Island in the Pacific Ocean. It is 562 metres (1,844 ft) high, while measuring 1,100 metres (3,609 ft) in length and only 300 metres (984 ft) across, making it the tallest volcanic stack in the world.

Ball's Pyramid is part of the Lord Howe Island Marine Park in Australia.

The pyramid is named after Royal Navy Lieutenant Henry Lidgbird Ball, who reported discovering it in 1788. On the same voyage, Ball also reported discovering Lord Howe Island."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, paulb said:

I just researched it Calum :).

"Ball's Pyramid is an erosional remnant of a shield volcano and caldera lying 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Lord Howe Island in the Pacific Ocean. It is 562 metres (1,844 ft) high, while measuring 1,100 metres (3,609 ft) in length and only 300 metres (984 ft) across, making it the tallest volcanic stack in the world.

Ball's Pyramid is part of the Lord Howe Island Marine Park in Australia.

The pyramid is named after Royal Navy Lieutenant Henry Lidgbird Ball, who reported discovering it in 1788. On the same voyage, Ball also reported discovering Lord Howe Island."

How interesting.  Think i'll take a fly round it tonight and scope it out for myself.  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing interiors nowadays Paul and I love how they use real photos of people.  Very nice set of shots here.

Thanks Jack. Some developers (especially in the smaller/mid-sized airports) are increasingly including very good models :).

• Like 2

Really cool stuff here with these images Paul, lot's going on in them. One thing I appreciate about the Lord Howe Island scenery is how short and challenging that little runway is. It has taken me several approaches and LOTS of running off the end of the runway before I finally feel comfortable about landing there. And you better do it with the right plane! Tricky little bugger :D

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Really cool stuff here with these images Paul, lot's going on in them. One thing I appreciate about the Lord Howe Island scenery is how short and challenging that little runway is. It has taken me several approaches and LOTS of running off the end of the runway before I finally feel comfortable about landing there. And you better do it with the right plane! Tricky little bugger :D

Thanks Landon. It's a nice piece of scenery. I saw that it was short - no problem in a Waco! :D

5 minutes ago, paulb said:

I saw that it was short - no problem in a Waco! :D

True! I bet that is a good aircraft to land on that runway with. Unless it's raining, then that open cockpit would be quite the bummer :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

True! I bet that is a good aircraft to land on that runway with. Unless it's raining, then that open cockpit would be quite the bummer :D

It's ok thanks Landon. I have my helmet and goggles at the ready! :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paulb said:

It's ok thanks Landon. I have my helmet and goggles at the ready! :lol:

Lol...but you will be a Soggy Bottom Boy upon landing ;) :D

Edited by Sniper31
  • Haha 2