Turning back the clock

Had a bit of fun with this yesterday., over Sydney. Used the outside camera view, which took me back to my modelling days - thumbs on the sticks:D. As good as MSFS is, I miss the days  out in the sun staring up into the Heavens watching one of my self built planes flying around the skies, and many nights spent with balsa and glue. Aaaah memories. :D

384340873_MSFSGrumminSydney2.thumb.JPG.0b4b711a745e2996ef06dcb6e2f95aca.JPG

2093436076_MSFSGrumminSydney3.thumb.JPG.85daaed16dbf457c40d5ee075655aca7.JPG

1294890093_MSFSGrumminSydney4.thumb.JPG.503f8f3f1df13f134fc02634334a7961.JPG

1537710606_MSFSGrumminSydney.thumb.JPG.6541c0f843eac41e438cae102edc3623.JPG

And I forgot to mention, the "doggie bag" you took home with a broken plane when things went wrong:(

Thanks for looking

Don

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Great views and memories Don and glad to see you have mastered the gear retraction.

I sometimes watch YT videos of RC planes which have taken many painstaking hours to build and cost big money only to come to greif.:(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great views and memories Don and glad to see you have mastered the gear retraction.

I sometimes watch YT videos of RC planes which have taken many painstaking hours to build and cost big money only to come to greif.:(

Thanks Martyn, they were good times. I was still doing it when I  came to Queensland, but gave up after trying to build planes in a shed in thirty degree head, in the shed forty. MSFS is a lot more civilised. Gear up, yep mastered that, now  moving on to starting, the one with the big bang. :D:o

Don

• Like 1

We all want to join the club "turn back time". :) Your Grumman looks like a big engine equipped with a jump seat Don!:D

Cher did a lot of good music, films and shows, really a professional. Now she wants to turn back time more than ever I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andiflyit said:

We all want to join the club "turn back time". :) Your Grumman looks like a big engine equipped with a jump seat Don!:D

Cher did a lot of good music, films and shows, really a professional. Now she wants to turn back time more than ever I think.

All welcome, as I told Paul. It's fix the throttle day for the Grumman. One of those pics is about 100 feet off the ground and at 140, bit quick to land. The clip I remember of Cher is when she did a gig on a aircraft carrier. I think we have all reached the point of wanting to turn back time - I reached that some time ago.;):D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shots too Don but why did you give the aircraft modelling up? Didn't understand that....

Thanks mate. re the modelling, at the time I lived west of Brisbane and in summer very hot, in the shed about 40+ degrees, and in the winter around one or often a bit under. The cost for heating and/or cooling very expensive. At one point I took over the dining room, but after being threatened with divorce:D, I had to give it up. I'm now back in Brisbane in a/c and simming is a lot less messy and actually cheaper.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, adambar said:

Thought about doing the R/C thing a long time ago, but then I figured it wouldn't turn out well. :D

It's a lot of fun Adam, and you get a lot of satisfaction from building installing servo's etc, then fingers crossed and butterflies on the maiden flight:D. You need to be strong with perspective, the damned things can get away from you very quickly - disaster. These days, the kits are very expensive and don't ask about the engines,$$$$$ and radio's. The worst part is, you can spend weeks and sometimes months building these things, and if it all goes wrong......gone in a heartbeat.:o:wacko:

Don

• Sad 1