Sanlucar de Marrameda

VH-KDK

Orbx Content: True Earth EU Spain South

Sitting on the mouth of the Guadalquivir River, Sanlucar de Marrameda is a popular summer tourist destination.

Opposite is the Donana National Park.

There has been a settlement here since ancient times and in the 15th and 16th centuries many expeditions left the port. In 1522 the Nao Victoria became the first ship to circumnavigate the world, the only survivor of the 5 ships than left on Magellan's expedition 3 years earlier.

plzETxW.jpg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shot Martyn, I have noticed how some parts of Spain are very brown......I had a read about the National Park you mentioned, was interesting...

Thanks Wayne. I had heard of nearby Cadiz but not this town or NP.

I went to Spain in the early 60s and the brown struck me after the greeness of the landscape in England.

I also liked the smell from the pine trees as well as the noisy Cicadas.:)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice lesson once again, Martyn. Though I am a bit confused: I ever heard about San Lucar de Barrameda, one of the most famous locations to produce Sherry.

Sorry for another alcohol twist.

Thanks Gerold and that is apparently on of the tourist attractions.

As I mentioned to Wayne, it was a place I never heard of before.:huh:

12 hours ago, BradB said:

Some big words that I would not try too spell Martyn , but I can spell

Nice Shot . 

Thanks John, words with one syllable are more my style when indulging in linguistic communications!:wacko:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold and that is apparently on of the tourist attractions.

As I mentioned to Wayne, it was a place I never heard of before.:huh:

I remember there was an episode of "The Persuaders" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Persuaders! , when a psycho-manipulated guy was activated to kill someone after hearing the key word "Sanlucar de Barrameda". It might have been "Someone like me", or "The morning after"...

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 1:25 AM, Stillwater said:

I remember there was an episode of "The Persuaders" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Persuaders! , when a psycho-manipulated guy was activated to kill someone after hearing the key word "Sanlucar de Barrameda". It might have been "Someone like me", or "The morning after"...

My wife is a bit like that when she asks to borrow money and I say the key word, NO!:ph34r::(:lol:

• Haha 1