Lancaster

VH-KDK

Orbx Content: AU Australia V2

Hand up who thought there was going to be an image of the legendary four engined bomber!:lol:

5s1XqSg.jpg

Below the Auster's tail is the small locality of Lancaster with a population of 393. It was named after Thomas Lancaster who was an early settler and his son Samuel was a state pollitician.

Other than that the local football club has been Premiers 8 times of the Kyabram and DIstrict Football League since it was founded in 1932.

To the right is Kyabram, behind the tail is Merrigum and above is Waranga Dam which provides irrigation for the area's agriculture.

BTW this is country Victoria, 30km from where I live.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, paulb said:

Yep! I though Martyn's bought an Avro Lancaster! :D

Great shot. It looks a nice green part of Australia. Always nice to read some information about the location :)

Thanks Paul, It is not a bad part of the world to reside in.

As flat as a sh*t carters hat but only 2 hours from Melbourne and that little bit cooler than the N W of the state where I lived before.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:46 AM, Sniper31 said:

It may be flat, but as Paul pointed out, nice and green looking Martyn. Good to hear it is an enjoyable place to reside. :) Nice image from the sim.

Landon

Thank you Landon. Green in the winter but straw in the summer unless the field is under irrigation.:)

I don't mind it here but sadly we do have the ususal problems of drugs and burglaries.:angry:

21 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shot of this nice area Martyn! So you are not far away from YLIL and Melbourne. Could be worse...:)

Thank you Andreas.

About 2 1/2 of hours from YLIL and 2 from YMML. I did drive past YLIL 3 years ago and the intention was to stop and take some photos but it was raining heavily. Also there was a lot of traffic on the narrow road and I missed the entrance to the airport. :wacko:

• Like 2