And another airliner leg!

Stillwater

In my previous post I have already confused you by the move from GA to a small airliner, the (Majestic) Dash 8-400. And now it gets even heavier: After the traditional https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamworth_Country_Music_Festival in January I was scheduled to transport all the music instruments out of Tamworth, using a (PMDG) 777. Unfortunately, this year the festival is postponed to April. So I had to leave without freight...

tWrzrRl.thumb.jpg.35f74724535a238ce9af13a25c8bbe4b.jpg

For this short flight with nearly empty tanks the runway was no problem.

Nahesmz.thumb.jpg.46757c9c4d9d21c81b4a79ec913ca0fd.jpg

Heading southwest I crossed the biggest river of the continent: The Murray.

UwcCJUI.thumb.jpg.d92679de1fdc3760f32735ed8e84c6ad.jpg

Passing Shepparton, one of the world´s leading places for bird breeding, as far as I know.

6EAYCWs.thumb.jpg.002f87dfbcfe3ec4d1d1f12909f2f2e7.jpg

And that was the approach into Melbourne that was chosen by my ATC.

ZQLR6v7.thumb.jpg.ccffdf3a379fd754ac0d7fd77418ce52.jpg

Slowing down on downwind...

UQrZcJL.thumb.jpg.0d1b6b68ecf3480736c2d98c31ef3717.jpg

... with the Yarra Ranges ahead.

h0ndTrm.thumb.jpg.0ed5868a5d067f4167ec3a6e8cec3a39.jpg

Ready to land on the 26.

lnDqoxy.thumb.jpg.9ad29867fcaeaba2c0f305050d2a8f60.jpg

And the ground crew did their job...

5fq9wCp.thumb.jpg.33230deb01884912641c5a3955f16729.jpg

... reliable as always.

MWjbR2e.thumb.jpg.13a068e268f342ea4dac7e4d94449049.jpg

500 miles of a streightforward flight. Ignoring quite a number of Orbx & partner airports, beginning with Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie on the coast north of Sydney, Wollongong south. Cessnock, Bathurst and Canberra inland. Not to forget the Melbourne surrounding with Lilydale, Coldstream, Tyabb, Moorabbin and Essendon. Forgive my ignorance...

4KGpThu.thumb.jpg.f55eb22629fc7e86cba485d5ce9ea1d3.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

500 miles of a streightforward flight. Ignoring quite a number of Orbx & partner airports, beginning with Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie on the coast north of Sydney, Wollongong south. Cessnock, Bathurst and Canberra inland. Not to forget the Melbourne surrounding with Lilydale, Coldstream, Tyabb, Moorabbin and Essendon. Forgive my ignorance...

Ah, but such is the sacrifice when flying the heavies at altitude. But, sim cargo and sim people have got to be moved and transported (you said you had no cargo, but I don't buy it....that big ole' cargo bird....I bet you had her filled with case after case of beer :D Maybe even some Haggis:unsure:). No one ever said the life of a sim transport pilot is filled with excitement and adventure on every flight ;) That said, some great screenshots Gerold of a nice, long flight up to Tamworth. Good job flying the triple 7 :) 

Cheers

Landon

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great flight and shots Gerold. Y'all could've had a full load of us old farts, since we ain't doing anything anyways, and having a beer swilling ho down in that big ole empty huge bird of yours:P. And we sure would have enough "gas" in case y'all run out of it:o:D., But puuleeeese no Fish Haggis:wacko:. Mebby next flight?:o:D

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great flight and shots Gerold. Y'all could've had a full load of us old farts, since we ain't doing anything anyways, and having a beer swilling ho down in that big ole empty huge bird of yours:P. And we sure would have enough "gas" in case y'all run out of it:o:D., But puuleeeese no Fish Haggis:wacko:. Mebby next flight?:o:D

We could probably figure out a way to funnel all methane to say a holding tank of some sort in case of an emergency Karl. :D

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Ah, but such is the sacrifice when flying the heavies at altitude. But, sim cargo and sim people have got to be moved and transported (you said you had no cargo, but I don't buy it....that big ole' cargo bird....I bet you had her filled with case after case of beer :D Maybe even some Haggis:unsure:). No one ever said the life of a sim transport pilot is filled with excitement and adventure on every flight ;) That said, some great screenshots Gerold of a nice, long flight up to Tamworth. Good job flying the triple 7 :) 

Cheers

Landon

Thank you Landon, for the comment. Not for the half-solid freight (food) suggestion :D!

I really like flying the heavies - from time to time.

14 hours ago, BradB said:

Passing Shepparton, one of the world´s leading places for bird breeding, as far as I know.  I sure miss Martyn (VH-KDK) , he always brought a smile to my face . :(:)

Plus 1, John. Martyn is really missed by many of us here.

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Nice flight, Gerold. Next time you fly such a big bird without cargo, let us know in advance. I know a couple of decent wineries down under that would love to have their goodies shipped for free :D:D

Now that is a really good suggestion, Bernd. I wil let you know - ideally just before a flight from a wine region up to FMO or HAJ.

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Ah, I just imagine such a flight with the galleys running out of supplies. Plus, singing dirty songs would even compensate inoperative in-flight entertainment, thus saving money for the airline!

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Great shots Gerold, thanks for the ride. :)

You´re welcome, Adam.

1 hour ago, adambar said:

We could probably figure out a way to funnel all methane to say a holding tank of some sort in case of an emergency Karl. :D

Now I know what this "bio-fuel" is, that these airlines are talking about...:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1