Out of Cairns

bernd1151

After having just installed WU7, which concentrates on Australia, I was keen to check on a few places that I have been to. One of them was Cairns. Here we go:

Electra-1.jpg

Electra-2.jpg

Electra-3.jpg

Electra-4.jpg

Electra-5.jpg

Electra-6.jpg

Over Green Island

Electra-7.jpg

Electra-8.jpg

Electra-9.jpg

This looks almost unbelievable

Electra-10.jpg

I think I need to get onto my boat, which is of similar vintage and start exploring the Great Barrier Reef a bit more thoroughly :)

Electra-11.jpg

Electra-12.jpg

• Like 8

Fantastic shots Bernd, I like it! And you own a nice vintage boat, if you need a hand on deck just let me know!

As I can compare the region quite well, I add two more comments:

- The colours are more intense than in reality (that can surely be adjusted)

- @Jarrad Marshallhad done a fantastic job with this FSX/P3D scenery, it really comes close to airport & city in the new replication.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BradB said:

MSFS at it's best , thanks Bernd . :):)

Many thanks, John, I think so too. This sim evolves really nicely ;)

7 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I was just there too, the area is fantastic

Great shots!

I'm happy with all areas except Melbourne

Thanks

Thanks, Carlos. I will now slowly progress south along the Gold Coast, should be fun.

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Looking great Bernd! I have checked out Brisbane area, and it looks good to me as well. 

Landon

Many thanks, landon. There is so much to explore on this vast continent :)

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

And you own a nice vintage boat, if you need a hand on deck just let me know!

As I can compare the region quite well, I add two more comments:

- The colours are more intense than in reality (that can surely be adjusted)

- @Jarrad Marshallhad done a fantastic job with this FSX/P3D scenery, it really comes close to airport & city in the new replication.

Hahaha, no need, you are always welcome to join! I think the colours can be adjusted. It also depends, how thick the clouds are. This has a big impact on scenery in MSFS.

Jarrad at al. were truly magicians. I can only hope that he will return after his sabbatical!

The Orbx TE areas come very close to what MSFS offers out of the box. The advantage of MSFS is, that it covers the entire world (ok, not all areas look as well as Australia now, but they are working on improving the entire planet and I believe, this improvement will come free as in the past). When I calculate, how much money I have spent in total on all Landclass and True Earth titles that Orbx has on offer, I don't want the missus to know. Now we get all of this for free and I don't mind :D

• Haha 2