World Update VII for Australia - Compatibility of the Orbx Australian sceneries?

Hi guys.

I've just read that as part of the fast approaching Australian World Update VII, that Australia will be receiving plenty of photogrammetry cities.

Including Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart, Cairns, Darwin, Townsville, Bunbury and Mackay.

I purchased a few of these city sceneries already from Orbx and was wondering how they will be impacted with the new world update installed?

Thanks

Wingding65

Edited by Wingding65
Wrong update number listed, I also see that this type of question has already been asked. I apologise.

• Wingding65 changed the title to World Update VII for Australia - Compatibility of the Orbx Australian sceneries?
2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Nobody knows until the time comes.

Well said Doug - but one is allowed a guess - ------- that since only 3 of the OP's list are already on MS -- and since Orbx are "probably"

the main developers -- we can expect that there will not be  too many problems that  will we be faced with

Sadly - I see that The Gold Coast City Scene is not on the list for an upgrade - only a few Aussies will know where Bunbury is and the MS Boss

couldn't even pronounce - Mackay B)

The other element to this update - is that we who are the owners of an X Box - will not have to rebuy - Sydney - Brisbane and Adelaide all over again:D

• Like 1

One issue is that it appears that another Aussie company did the DEM so could mean a few inconsistencies. the following from a news site:-

"A team of 60 people have worked on this specific update, Jorg Neumann revealed in the video. The studio has teamed up with an Australian company to build the new DEM. Another Australian company, Orbx built all 94 POIs included in the update." 

If we want to continue to use YSSY (FlyTampa's but I got it through Orbx), do we need to manually uninstall the Asobo handcrafted one?  Or does the FlyTampa one automatically take precedence?

Edited by bbsmitz

2 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

If we want to continue to use YSSY (FlyTampa's but I got it through Orbx), do we need to manually uninstall the Asobo handcrafted one?

Only 4 airports were hand-crafted with WU7 Australia and these were:

Release Notes (1.22.2.0) World Update VII: Australia

Hand-Crafted Airport

• YLRE – Longreach
  • YMBT - Mount Beauty Airport
  • YPBO – Paraburdoo
  • YSHL - Shellharbour Airport

So no need to uninstall YSSY.

Edited by skysthelimit707

3 hours ago, skysthelimit707 said:

So no need to uninstall YSSY

Not true, even though YSSY wasn't in WU7, there is a hand-crafted YSSY is one of the release versions of MSFS, that he's talking about 

5 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

If we want to continue to use YSSY (FlyTampa's but I got it through Orbx), do we need to manually uninstall the Asobo handcrafted one?  Or does the FlyTampa one automatically take precedence?

Generally I remove the hand-crafted airport when installing an add-on airport, this helps remove any conflicts :) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve1408 said:

It was stated from the time of release of the FlyTampa YSSY that the Asobo handcrafted YSSY must be disabled. I have not come across any other instances where disabling the Asobo version is required when installing third party airports. 

There have been occasions where disabling the Asobo LOWI has been effective in removing a runway bump that some people were experiencing when using the Orbx LOWI addon.

Opened Orbx Central and an update for YSSY Fly Tampa to version 5 installed.

Have flown from Bankstown and around Sydney and landed at YSSY and every thing

went and looked superb. I believe there may be an update for Cityscape Sydney on it's

way at some point in the not too distant future, but I could not find anything wrong as

far as my old eyes could see. This scenery in my opinion is still the best scenery that Orbx

have produced in the 20+ years that I have been dipping my foot into the pond.

Kevin.

ps. I do have the photgrametry or whatever enabled as well.

• Like 1