Hong Kong Kaitak to Singapore

bernd1151

I can’t show you the whole trip, as that would violate Orbx regulations, but at least I can show you three cities that are available on the Orbx site: Hong Kong, Macau and of course Singapore.

Luckily I am old enough to have experienced my fare share of Kaitak landings, most of them went uneventful.

Connie-1.jpg

Connie-2.jpg

Famous buildings are the Bank of China and the HSBC building, but at least for me there is another building of interest. It’s the white one with the small round windows in front of the plane’s nose. That’s the headquarter of the trading house Jardine Matheson. It played a role in the 1988 mini series Noble House, in which Pierce Brosnan played the Taipan of the Noble House. James Clavell used the history of Jardine Matheson as basis for his famous books.

Connie-3.jpg

Connie-4.jpg

Connie-5.jpg

Over Macau

Connie-6.jpg

Connie-7.jpg

About to reach Singapore

Connie-8.jpg

Connie-9.jpg

Connie-10.jpg

Connie-11.jpg

Connie-12.jpg

Connie-13.jpg

Connie-14.jpg

• Like 7

Epic set of shots Bernd. The colors and details are all nicely displayed in these. That Connie looks very comfortable flying over that scenery and looks like a nice flight was had. I've always appreciated the complexity of the Kaitak approach. 

Landon

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Stillwater said:

All 4 engines running until the landing, you must have a good mechanic on board. Great shots, btw.

And it seems it gets time to finally leave the originating city, reading the news these days.

Hahaha, good one, Gerold! Yeah, by miracle all four engines were running, maybe because it was not LH but Air France. Really depressing news about HK!

21 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots of those three cities!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks, John

21 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much

20 hours ago, Steve Colbert said:

Love this set!

Many thanks, Steve

19 hours ago, John Mac said:

Really super set Bernd!

John.

Thanks a lot, John

18 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Epic set of shots Bernd. The colors and details are all nicely displayed in these. That Connie looks very comfortable flying over that scenery and looks like a nice flight was had. I've always appreciated the complexity of the Kaitak approach. 

Landon

Many thanks, Landon. A Kaitak approach is stressful, be it in the Connie or 747 :)

17 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

As always, an exemplary set.

It pains me to ask as I should be able to deduce this - which Sim are you using?

& a Happy Xmas & Healthy New Year!:)

TTM

As mentioned under the thread's title, this is MSFS :):)

Merry Christmas and a safe New Year to you too!!

• Upvote 1