St. Maarten & around

Stillwater

Just a few snaps from a fantastic (and thrilling) flight from St. Maarten...

AENlwb5.jpg

... across Saba and St. Barthelmy...

O5fDvVD.jpg

... back to the start.

qcZktb5.jpg

As there is a lot of 3rd party material in this flight, I may only give you a hint that is is worth to fly there. Landing in Saba is amazing (super-short runway on a hill), and St. Barths is famous enough:

• Like 6

22 hours ago, BradB said:

One of my favorite area’s to fly with MSFS , thanks for the shots and video Gerold .

Thank you John. A pity we can´t post more teasers of the region here.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots Gerold.  

Thank you, Jack!

13 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A great set Gerold, and that livery always 'pops' well and stands out nicely in ocean and coastal scenery. Nice!

Landon

Sorry I couldn´t show more of my landing attempts, where the livery either pops up from the sea or from the rocks :D

11 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots and video Gerold.  It would be worth going there in real life just to see the planes land.

Oh yes John, that would be some great places to travel, also for flight enthusiasts. Unfortunately the Millionaires Island has some hurdles for us...

6 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Lovely shots of a grand area and one of my favourite aircraft - by gee SBZ is a long way from home, maybe Westpac has branches there? :D

Thank you TT. I chose the 337 because is is fast and still capable to land quite slow, which was helpful here.

The Westpac plane was stranded in  Pagp Pago at the beginning of the pandemic, and not allowed to return to Oz. So they had to find other destinations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots Gerold, hell of a place to land..

Thank you Wayne. You did not see my landing attempts in Saba. St. Barths was fine instantly...

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking shots Gerold. :)

Thank you Adam.

22 hours ago, Aharon said:

I did not know you live in Caribbean. Your screenname looks very familiar to me but I cannot recall

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks for commenting Aharon. Though I don´t really capture what you are referring to :(.

• Like 1