Three cheers for Asobo - Xbox!

craigeaglefire

bit the bullet & got the Xbox XSX - primarily because of MFS,

spoiler: it will not necessarily replace your PC…

but, simply amazing that it actually works,

no helicopters yet, but the native 152 works well for detailed exploration,

also, 120 Hz HDMI 2.1 implementation with 4K HDR FreeSync Premium setup (need to verify what MFS actually defaults to in this environment),

first impressions, amazingly smooth & must mention went straight to London & LA detailed areas & even slight hiccups were smooth,

to have streaming Blackshark AI with MFS World Updates had me speechless,

all with a box about 8” square & a foot tall…

Congratulations Asobo!

(& what the Game Pass native Standard MFS version comes with, is exemplary, in flight sim history, IMO :) )

very happy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lucky you - its 21/2 years since I first brought up this sim and X  box on forum - and been on wait since to

get my hands on one:banghead:

when that happens - it WILL replace my junk PC and I can then also enjoy my HDR 10 @4K -

PS Craig - you forgot to mention that it cost you $us500 - not $us3000 for a similar PC :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

John H,

even better,

got it from my local telco, Telstra - interest free over 2 years with included Game Pass,

very happy :)

Does that mean you are in OZ - and if so - I Know you don't give a @#$ - but it's grossly unfair to have to be part of a scheme

which had priority over individual customers:angry:

I dumped telstra because of their crook internet service some time ago and -Yes - I know its my own fault if I am still bereft 1 X box:-*

BTW - how long were you waiting before you got it ?? 

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have a PS4 and play several games but I'm curious how one can fly with a controller.  

I use my X-Box controller for the drone view with my PC . Anyway here is a good video on your subject Jack :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, BradB said:

I use my X-Box controller for the drone view with my PC . Anyway here is a good video on your subject Jack :

Thanks John.  Not to be too pedantic but it looks like not much has changed from when I was an alpha tester.  I still see melted buildings and I'm sure the Orbx stuff takes care of this nonsense.  But to address this video.  I don't know if I want to pay for an Xbox controller to control views.  I like my Razer keyboard and I wish they had Chaseplane on board.  And you know the drill, until PMDG and A2A are on board it's a moot point.  I would LOVE to have all the Orbx stuff in it but without the planes I want, not what MS wants I can't spend the dough.  I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing my planes in MSFS.  So it's P3D as the planes are more important than the eye candy.  Sorry.  :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John.  Not to be too pedantic but it looks like not much has changed from when I was an alpha tester.  I still see melted buildings and I'm sure the Orbx stuff takes of this nonsense.  But to address this video.  I don't know if I want to pay for an Xbox controller to control views.  I like my Razer keyboard and I wish they had Chaseplane on board.  And you know the drill, until PMDG and A2A are on board it's a moot point.  I would LOVE to have all the Orbx stuff in it but without the planes I want, not what MS wants I can't spend the dough.  I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing my planes in MSFS.  So it's P3D as the planes are more important than the eye candy.  Sorry.  :unsure:

I dunno , I paid $20 for my contoller . And as far as MSFS , you can always fly with PG (Photogrammetry) tuned off . In a year and half I have never seen one melted building and I fly low and slow . And you will be flying with your Boeing jets much higher and you would not notice it at all . Just my 2 cents .

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John.  Not to be too pedantic but it looks like not much has changed from when I was an alpha tester.  I still see melted buildings and I'm sure the Orbx stuff takes care of this nonsense.  But to address this video.  I don't know if I want to pay for an Xbox controller to control views.  I like my Razer keyboard and I wish they had Chaseplane on board.  And you know the drill, until PMDG and A2A are on board it's a moot point.  I would LOVE to have all the Orbx stuff in it but without the planes I want, not what MS wants I can't spend the dough.  I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing my planes in MSFS.  So it's P3D as the planes are more important than the eye candy.  Sorry.  :unsure:

Jack - Firstly I use my keyboard to control the views and once it's all set up, it's perfect, secondly, PMDG and A2A are both committed to MSFS, in fact PMDG are sure their 737 will be in the sim by years end, so I really don't get your negative "I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing my planes in MSFS"

Edited by EasternT3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

I dunno , I paid $20 for my contoller . And as far as MSFS , you can always fly with PG (Photogrammetry) tuned off . In a year and half I have never seen one melted building and I fly low and slow . And you will be flying with your Boeing jets much higher and you would not notice it at all . Just my 2 cents .

Nothing on Earth will ever make me want to lay our the $ till those two companies have all their planes working in MSFS.  I want to flow low and slow in an A2A Bonanza. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EasternT3 said:

Jack - Firstly I use my keyboard to control the views and once it's all set up, it's perfect, secondly, PMDG and A2A are both committed to MSFS, in fact PMDG are sure their 737 will be in the sim by years end, so I really don't get your negative "I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing my planes in MSFS"

I follow PMDG's forum, they seem to be having problems not of their own doing but Asobo's.  I don't know the status of A2A but it appears that Asobo changes the programming rules so it's difficult for them to program what they need programmed.  Hence my statement.

I honestly don't want this to denigrate into a closed topic.  I like the look of MSFS, I love how Orbx incorporated their scenery into it, I just don't like default planes.  With me being a former real-world mechanic and pilot I need fidelity in aircraft.  It's always been about the planes with me.  Sorry of I come across so gruff, things are not going well today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BradB said:

Here you go jack - an easy way for you - and everybody - to use the drone with your yoke button

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I follow PMDG's forum, they seem to be having problems not of their own doing but Asobo's.  I don't know the status of A2A but it appears that Asobo changes the programming rules so it's difficult for them to program what they need programmed.  Hence my statement.

I honestly don't want this to denigrate into a closed topic.  I like the look of MSFS, I love how Orbx incorporated their scenery into it, I just don't like default planes.  With me being a former real-world mechanic and pilot I need fidelity in aircraft.  It's always been about the planes with me.  Sorry of I come across so gruff, things are not going well today.

No worries, I only fly the high fidelity stuff normally so I know what you mean, I just try and take the positives and that Asobo do and try and help developers as and where, but as one developer explained to me unfortunately asobo’s development plan doesn’t always line up with 3rd parties  plan. But then you can’t always expect it to.  :) 

• Like 2

Just now, EasternT3 said:

No worries, I only fly the high fidelity stuff normally so I know what you mean, I just try and take the positives and that Asobo do and try and help developers as and where, but as one developer explained to me unfortunately asobo’s development plan doesn’t always line up with 3rd parties  plan. But then you can’t always expect it to.  :) 

So true!  I may be wrong but it seems like they change the programming rules weekly.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

bit the bullet & got the Xbox XSX - primarily because of MFS,

spoiler: it will not necessarily replace your PC…

but, simply amazing that it actually works,

no helicopters yet, but the native 152 works well for detailed exploration,

also, 120 Hz HDMI 2.1 implementation with 4K HDR FreeSync Premium setup (need to verify what MFS actually defaults to in this environment),

first impressions, amazingly smooth & must mention went straight to London & LA detailed areas & even slight hiccups were smooth,

to have streaming Blackshark AI with MFS World Updates had me speechless,

all with a box about 8” square & a foot tall…

Congratulations Asobo!

(& what the Game Pass native Standard MFS version comes with, is exemplary, in flight sim history, IMO :) )

very happy!

Just to bring this back to the original topic, if I may.

Good on you mate. :)

I know that you have been waiting for quite a while for this and I think it will  bring you many  hours of pleasure .

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots when you get the chance!

Cheers Craig :)

• Like 3

great shots, I have an Xbox S, I only use it when I go to our static caravan, it only has MSFS and Forza on it, keeps me happy but the only addon I have is a carenado plane....PC runs MSFS nicely so that's what I use at home....you can plug a mouse etc into the xbox for controlling switches etc as well as the controller...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

are they default shots

completely default, John

have yet to purchase any addons for Xbox MFS version…

in many cases it would double my addon costs when running both PC & Xbox because I have not purchased PC addons through the Marketplace…

(all my PC Orbx has been purchased via Orbx Central so far)

8 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

completely default, John

have yet to purchase any addons for Xbox MFS version…

in many cases it would double my addon costs when running both PC & Xbox because I have not purchased PC addons through the Marketplace…

(all my PC Orbx has been purchased via Orbx Central so far)

Yeah! - wonder how many blokes have picked that up yet??

I've stopped buying anything for the PC version - only from Marketplace - and - only if it has the X box symbol on it -as well as PC

Good to see you are enjoying the 4K and HDR - maybe Father Xmas will find a Series X for me

There are just none in Australia - probably because of that Telstra package you got - maybe I will be forced to drop Foxtel

and go crawling back to Telstra -- or maybe just satisfy myself with an Series S