Microsoft Flight Simulator product support

I've  just loaded a flight starting from EGLC and it load's fine.

FYI I use MSFS Addons Linker to just load the addons/scenery that I'm currently going to use, and generally keep the Community folder empty. The only addons I keep in the Community folder all the time is the A32NX with a BA livery, the Navigraph addons and the LVFR AREX addons. I don't have any cache enabled in the options, and deleted my content.xml prior to starting MSFS for the first time after the update. Hopefully something here may help you.

10 hours ago, Matt Bridger said:

Should All UK Orbx add on's work with the update? Cant load a flight when selecting EGLC! The loading bar stops & hangs!

Same issue here with EGLC and low fps (16) at LIEO; LOWI and LIRQ are working fine.

I did a couple of flights out of EGLC last night and all but one was successful.  As well as Orbx's EGLC I'm running with Photogrammetry on and the London City Pack.

I was initially in the FI spitfire and tried to fly through Tower Bridge as I'd seen on a video early, that did not work out well.  So on reload I tried the Orbx Optica from EGLC and got my first CTD in ages.

Tested the Optica elsewhere and it was fine.  Came back to EGLC later with the Optica and again it was fine.  So no idea what caused the CTD.

What I am experiencing is severe Stutters, which once started continue for 30 seconds and it's unplayable until they stop.  However I also saw this at NYC so it's not an Orbx issue.

I'm assuming that the stutters are caused by the influx of new players putting extra load on the servers causing lag as you download the scenery files.  Certainly there are noticeably more players on.  Last night I counted 18 flying round Anglesey when normally there are one or two.  And turning off all other players (how I normally fly) did not stop the stutters.

Changing the weather conditions also introduces stutters whilst it loads up the new lighting and cloud.  If I'm right this will hopefully improve as MS sort the server situation out of the new player influx calms down.

Although I've not done a long flight, I don't seem to be getting the stutters that I had before, and I'm getting an overall fps increase of around 5-10, but I am getting pauses occasionally, anything from 1 to 5 seconds, which I put down to the influx of new players putting extra load on the servers. At Heathrow I would normally see maybe 3-4 players, yesterday I saw around 20 - 30, mostly in light aircraft bouncing off the runways and taxiways. 

I just tried a quick flight from EGLC to EGLL.  The skies are a lot quieter at this time and I did not have the lengthy pauses which I experienced last night.  There were one or two but for a second rather than that several in a row lasting 30 seconds as last nights experience.

Again this makes me think the major pauses are due to the influx of new players

1 hour ago, Crom UK said:

I just tried a quick flight from EGLC to EGLL.  The skies are a lot quieter at this time and I did not have the lengthy pauses which I experienced last night.  There were one or two but for a second rather than that several in a row lasting 30 seconds as last nights experience.

Again this makes me think the major pauses are due to the influx of new players

The pause are indeed because of the influx of new players and the servers having a huge load. It should get better within a day or two. Also I'm getting constant CTD when spawning in or around London. I suspect the Orbx London scenery is the culprit as my EGLC scenery worked just fine on its own. 

Hello there,

I was also having issues with what appeared to be the London Landmarks Pack installed from the Marketplace along with Orbx EGLC.

This was on a fresh Windows install with a fresh MSFS SU5 install, all the World Updates and only my few Marketplace purchases installed (mostly Orbx products)

Like the posters below, loading screen was freezing a second or two after clicking the FLY button.

I'm not 100% sure but I think on my system that the culprit was the Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics package from the marketplace. After deleting this package and restarting the simulator, I'm able to load into Orbx EGLC with London Landmarks installed.

If I reinstall this package, then loading EGLC starts to freeze again.

If you guys have Zinertek installed, try deleting it, restarting MSFS and see if it works.

14 hours ago, Skarafaz said:

Same issue here with EGLC and low fps (16) at LIEO; LOWI and LIRQ are working fine.

Yes having the same problem. However it's not Orbx EGLC per-say which is the issue. It appears to be Orbx London Landmarks. I tried EGLC on it's own and loading into that airport was fine, but EGLC and London landmarks and it crashes.

But here's the odd thing. if you fly from an airport outside London I.e. Southend or even the one closer say at Ruislip then London Landmarks loads fine, it's just loading in using London Landmarks when flying from EGLC that causes the crash.

Delete London Landmarks for now and you'll be fine.

56 minutes ago, azphilosopher said:

I had issues with London getting stuck on loading.  Did all of Nick's suggestions and the place is incredible now.  No stutters, no melted buildings.  Absolutely beautiful. 

I tried Nick's suggestion and sadly it didn't work for me. London Landmarks disabled for now which seems to be the culprit when flying from EGLC.

8 hours ago, etheberge said:
Hello there,

I was also having issues with what appeared to be the London Landmarks Pack installed from the Marketplace along with Orbx EGLC.

This was on a fresh Windows install with a fresh MSFS SU5 install, all the World Updates and only my few Marketplace purchases installed (mostly Orbx products)

Like the posters below, loading screen was freezing a second or two after clicking the FLY button.

I'm not 100% sure but I think on my system that the culprit was the Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics package from the marketplace. After deleting this package and restarting the simulator, I'm able to load into Orbx EGLC with London Landmarks installed.

If I reinstall this package, then loading EGLC starts to freeze again.

If you guys have Zinertek installed, try deleting it, restarting MSFS and see if it works.

Yeah so turns out I was wrong, Zinertek has nothing to do with it. I re-installed a couple more unrelated addons (Orbx Iceland / NZ mesh) and some small private GA airports in NA and now I was back to freezing when trying to load into Orbx EGLC with London Landmarks installed. Loading screen hangs after a couple seconds, shortly after the half-way point.

- Then I went into content.xml, changed <Package name="Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack" active="true"/> to false, then loaded into Orbx EGLC fine.

- Exited the sim, changed <Package name="Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack" active="false"/> back to true, went back in and this time Orbx EGLC loaded fine.

So I don't know, something wonky is going on but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing a game freeze when loading into the world if you've selected the Orbx version Dundee airport as a departure location?

I've tried the suggested deletion of config.xml, rolling cache reset etc and it seems that doesn't solve it. Everything's as patched and up to date as it can be.

Uninstalling the addon allows the game to load there normally.

Hi People,

HELP!!! - Can anyone identify with my experience here?  :-(

Its been 4 days now since SU5.   On 27-28 July I had a CTD with my BOX SET MSFS and I had to do a reinstall via Microsoft Store which did recognise my original Premium Deluxe Purchase.  MSFS now seems fine - no error messages or graphics issues, but I CANNOT launch any flight

I now seem to have MSFS on my C: drive under:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Which I honestly never really noticed I had before.

I've followed Nick Cooper's and MS Flight Simulator Support Team's advice to the letter - I think - but still get stuck at the 100% loading mark - with the blue bar - without any flights being launched.  There are no error messages or graphics issues.  I removed 320NX as recommended.

Posted Wednesday at 09:34 PM (By Nick)

Hello,

there seem to be numerous reports of problems with this update.

In the hope that it might be helpful, my experience with the Microsoft Store version was:

That the download was very lengthy.

That it is necessary to apply all of the updates in the Content Manager.

That it is good practice to:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder

before running MSFS after the update is complete.

Help - anybody?

Thanks!

Nigel

Hi Nigel

I think I saw your post in MS Forum

A few hours ago that happened to me, reached the 100% but the sim never started. I removed what I just installed and it worked.

If you have proceeded as per Nick's instructions and don't have anything in your community folder I think you only got left to try the repair option and see if that works

qgUKrGc.jpg

You might like to try that while someone with more knowledge may assist you

Cheers,

Carlos

42 minutes ago, NigelCll said:

Hi People,

HELP!!! - Can anyone identify with my experience here?  :-(

Its been 4 days now since SU5.   On 27-28 July I had a CTD with my BOX SET MSFS and I had to do a reinstall via Microsoft Store which did recognise my original Premium Deluxe Purchase.  MSFS now seems fine - no error messages or graphics issues, but I CANNOT launch any flight

I now seem to have MSFS on my C: drive under:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Which I honestly never really noticed I had before.

I've followed Nick Cooper's and MS Flight Simulator Support Team's advice to the letter - I think - but still get stuck at the 100% loading mark - with the blue bar - without any flights being launched.  There are no error messages or graphics issues.  I removed 320NX as recommended.

Posted Wednesday at 09:34 PM (By Nick)

Hello,

there seem to be numerous reports of problems with this update.

In the hope that it might be helpful, my experience with the Microsoft Store version was:

That the download was very lengthy.

That it is necessary to apply all of the updates in the Content Manager.

That it is good practice to:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder

before running MSFS after the update is complete.

Help - anybody?

Thanks!

Nigel

I have instances where the blue loading bar seems to have stopped / frozen, but on most occasions waiting for anything up to a couple of minutes it's progressed and loaded. Generally, since SU5 I've had the sim freeze during loading and have had to CTRL-ALT-DEL and restart, but the screen has been greyed out with the 'loading circle' also frozen in the bottom right corner. I've also had a few CTD's since SU5 when loading flights which I've never had before.

My experience with the sim not loading relates to files that change the tree size or view distance.

I fiddled with the tree sizes and it would do exactly what is being reported above.  Apparently it also happens when one of the tree size/distance mod files from flightsim.to is in the community folder.

In my case there was no alternative but to completely uninstall and reinstall from the Microsoft Store.

I have a problem that it hangs with the Orbx market place London scenery and the O' Delta scenery, Interestingly my brother bought the Orbx scenery direct from Orbx and his works fine. I have read the above comments does the suggested fix fix the Marketplace bought Orbx Scenery?

Hi, 

It appears that the SU5 has created som elevation issues with the Orbx Iceland mesh. I noticed that BIKL and BISL both are a bit off. BIKL is sunken into the  ground and BISL to high. I will do some more checking and report back if I notice other anomalities. Love the mesh by the way.

Having similar issues. Sim just freezes while loading in to some airports when I try to start a flight. Around 1/2 to 2/3 in to loading.

I have London Landmarks and I can spawn at EGLL, EGKK and other non 3rd party airports but,

I also have EGTR, EGLC, EGSG from Orbx and I can't start any flight starting from those airports. I can fly in to them though if I start from another airport.

I've bought them all from Marketplace(also for UK; EGNM, EGKA from Orbx works, other 3rd party sceneries around London area also works. All bought from Marketplace).

Tried deleting the files mentioned above, closed roll cache, deleted the whole sim and components and made a clean install and nothing solved the issue.

I had problems flying from EGLC, bought from Orbx. Sim crashed if I started the flight at the airport, but if I started the flight in mid air it loaded, and I was able to land at EGLC. I have the London scenery, Orbx EGLC, and run with photogrammetry off. I cleared out all the recommended files and had several hours crash free flying on a blank community folder with no addons installed.

Hi

I have the same issue as many of the people above. I have the London city landmarks pack purchased through the MS store when I go to start a flight in this case from Biggin Hill loading into the flight stops and does not continue.

When I uninstall the London landmarks pack and go and start the exact same flight then I have no issues. This was also replicated when starting a flight from White Waltham. I have nothing in the community folder and the only third-party Add on I am using is the Orbx London landmarks pack and the London city airport pack. 

please can you advise as to how this will be addressed. 

thanks

josh

Thanks

Indeed. Indeed I have.  Their answer was to direct me to the third party company.  So it appears that between two companies customer service is to point the finger at the other party.  Disappointing to say the least. 

josh

As far as I know, the product worked fine until the update of the simulator. I believe Orbx has sent them files to make it compatible again, so we are waiting for MS to rectify the Marketplace version. The non Marketplace version installed via Orbx Central does not have these issues.

Hello,

I would agree with Doug, the vast majority of insoluble problems with Orbx products following the latest simulator update do 

appear to apply only to the products bought at and installed by the Marketplace.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer support for this particular apparent problem as we do not have any more access

to the Marketplace than any Microsoft customer does.

This is not an official statement and is based only on the anecdotal evidence of  numerous forum posts and support tickets

in which the usually effective support advice has not worked.

We do not know why this should be, we are simply reporting our experience as Orbx support staff since the update.

For those of you who acquired these products since the recent update, they all worked before it took place, or if not,

a speedy resolution was always achieved.

One thing that I can say for certain is that the aim of all support staff and indeed the entire company is to help customers to

have the best possible experience of all their Orbx Direct and indeed Microsoft Marketplace Orbx product purchases.

We are all disappointed when we find that we cannot achieve a timely and effective resolution for you and we also look forward

to an early resolution of this apparently new anomaly.

Archived