EGPH Edinburgh Airport - Where Scotland meets the world.

19 hours ago, pyreegue said:

If you can provide some pictures then I think we can do something about it.

That's awesome, will sort out some pictures for you tomorrow.

Couple of decent videos on youtube showing the approach as well.  You can see the trees I'm talking about from near the 24 threshold, running along the north side of the river up until just before the midway access road. All shorter trees and gorse bushes along the fence there as well. Rwy06 end isn't too badly represented by default.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX5_e_hDUMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KsYyplAA0

Edited by hdsharks

Hi, this looks stunning. I haven't used a flight sim since FS2004, but am one of the xbox users eagerly awaiting launch later this month.

Can I ask if this will be available eventually in the in-game marketplace on console?

If so it would be a definite purchase for me.

Edited by Eejay

1 hour ago, Eejay said:

Hi, this looks stunning. I haven't used a flight sim since FS2004, but am one of the xbox users eagerly awaiting launch later this month.

Can I ask if this will be available eventually in the in-game marketplace on console?

If so it would be a definite purchase for me.

It will be available for both platforms. XBOX will follow later after PC release. Thanks

Hi there, I'm here to bring some good news, we're into testing now and are preparing to release this week. Here are some pictures of Edinburgh in all its glory. Images are hidden under the spoiler to keep this thread manageable. 

Spoiler

phcLbtQ.jpg

qhUYheg.jpg

zHrXIAu.jpg

ZhtYWvU.jpg

RGN5zgr.jpg

Gpeb3hA.jpg

VGuE8Zo.jpg

Zco9STq.jpg

4s87oGt.jpg

cse52Dv.jpg

UOzruMF.jpg

TKHQGGN.jpg

dDV403y.jpg

bRj6MXc.jpg

JaUDDzm.jpg

cY617me.jpg

COJc0Gm.jpg

jVmBak7.jpg

FeumpqB.jpg

PFyhJBk.jpg

9tD6oLB.jpg

7ie0J2v.jpg

3Oa0isC.jpg

EibIDSm.jpg

QRWce6b.jpg

Edited by pyreegue
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Nice, I can't wait

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Great shots ! Looking forward :)

Pls consider the development of East Midlands Airport EGNX  !!

19 minutes ago, Tang0 said:

Completely stunning work!

Thank you guys for your comments, I appreciate your support!

Man this is great!

Not hesitating at all

Loved the hotel !

The bunch of cars, the coloring, everything

Can't wait to explore it to the roots

I am very happy to have it along with Mumbay shortly

Thank you

Oh and don't forget my request pls, at least consider it if you're so kind

EETN, ULLI and LJLJ

I wouldn't mind if you do LJLJ first :rolleyes:

Cheers

Carlos

It's a top add on this one. Given it a quick blast and attention to detail is excellent. Compare the airport to the picture on the official airport website and its uncanny. Superb stuff!

48 minutes ago, Donka said:

It's a top add on this one. Given it a quick blast and attention to detail is excellent. Compare the airport to the picture on the official airport website and its uncanny. Superb stuff!

1 hour ago, jpkatlarge said:

Live on Orbx Central now!

1 hour ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

I have all of your MSFS airports and have become a die hard fan!  REALLY been looking forward t this particular addition!

Thank you guys for your comments! Very happy to hear you like it :)

Just finished my first flight into EGPH - and WOW!!!!! I only had a cursory look around, and I'm pretty sure THIS is the new standard in scenery design! Man, you have come a long way in a short period of time - considering your Tivat scenery as a starting point and NOW THIS! Congratulations! Btw - my first impression is always the approach in the WT CJ4 and the question: will the ILS tune automatically? Checked!

Agree, this is easily a top tier airport for the sim!  The terminal interior is one of the best I've seen to date.  I also noticed the screws were turning on the de-ice treatment or water treatment area on the ramp?  Very cool.  I particularly like that you modelled the entire landside area WITH the roads.  This looks a million times better.  Great work guys.  :)

57 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

Agree, this is easily a top tier airport for the sim!  The terminal interior is one of the best I've seen to date.  I also noticed the screws were turning on the de-ice treatment or water treatment area on the ramp?  Very cool.  I particularly like that you modelled the entire landside area WITH the roads.  This looks a million times better.  Great work guys.  :)

2 hours ago, TomL said:

Just finished my first flight into EGPH - and WOW!!!!! I only had a cursory look around, and I'm pretty sure THIS is the new standard in scenery design! Man, you have come a long way in a short period of time - considering your Tivat scenery as a starting point and NOW THIS! Congratulations! Btw - my first impression is always the approach in the WT CJ4 and the question: will the ILS tune automatically? Checked!

3 hours ago, keino333 said:

Brought it as sonn as...thank you

I’m running out of adjectives with all these comments guys, I’m melting, thank you all so much for the support!

• Like 3

Yeah, this lives up to or exceeds expectations - the detail is incredible, you have a serious talent for modelling! The nicest airport I've seen so far for MSFS, without a doubt.

Couple of small requests for improvement though (and I know it's me moaning about trees again!)...could some excludes be added to get rid of incorrect trees within the airport perimeter? There are currently a bunch sitting inside both ILS antennas/approach lights, another one or two dotted around the grass at the 06 end, and a few near the fire trainer, none of which should be there. Most noticeably though, there is a full on forest running along the length of the Gogar burn, from the Archimedes screws, out past the end of the car park. They are really not noticeable IRL as the burn runs along a deep ditch and the trees are much smaller anyway so cant be seen. Right now the terminal buildings are covered by trees in that area, which looks really weird. It's the default MSFS placement, I know, and the mesh isn't detailed enough to show the ditch, but if an exclude could be easily added, it would add to the realism.

One more thing, and I guess this is a SDK issue as every airport I have seen so far suffers....the runway/taxiway/apron lights are huge. You can barely see them during the day, but in MSFS they are big glowing orbs! Can anything be done here?

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_3493dfbe-96b8-11e9-8fb0-df433656861e.jpg

EGPH-Edinburgh-Airport-MSFS-4.png

Edited by hdsharks

9 hours ago, hdsharks said:

Just run into one more issue - I have no illumination on the tower at night? 

Untitled.png

Get close and it will lit up, sometimes the lights don’t load in at a distance.

As for the trees, noted. 
apron lights - nothing can be done, afaik, maybe custom modeled lights but that’s quite a tedious job… 

Is it possible to force the tower lights on permanently? It would be really subtle during the day and that would mean any approaches at night time would show the tower lit up. At the moment, the tower is not visible during approaches at night time.

19 minutes ago, Donka said:

Is it possible to force the tower lights on permanently? It would be really subtle during the day and that would mean any approaches at night time would show the tower lit up. At the moment, the tower is not visible during approaches at night time.

Sure

• Like 4

Another fantastic airport from @pyreegue! Love the details, really one of the best airport's out there! I enjoy just spending lot of time looking around the airport, including the amazing interior. Makes you wanna fly to and from Edinburgh a lot.

The only improvement I could think of is adding passengers, especially by the gates, so when you pull up to the gate you see people inside the terminal.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to your upcoming airport's!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hdsharks said:

Seems to be working fine with SU5....only thing I've noticed it some of the boundary fencing is sort of staggered, Can't remember if it was like that before?

Hi, can you specify the locations where it’s bugged? Thanks 

16 hours ago, Maelmoor said:

Another fantastic airport from @pyreegue! Love the details, really one of the best airport's out there! I enjoy just spending lot of time looking around the airport, including the amazing interior. Makes you wanna fly to and from Edinburgh a lot.

The only improvement I could think of is adding passengers, especially by the gates, so when you pull up to the gate you see people inside the terminal.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to your upcoming airport's!

Hello, thanks for your review. Currently working on a solution to add some people to the terminal. Cheers

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, pyreegue said:

Hi, can you specify the locations where it’s bugged? Thanks 

Hello, thanks for your review. Currently working on a solution to add some people to the terminal. Cheers

hi just to let you no the ai when landing runway 24 will vacate the runways over the grass as soon as atc tells them to do so,,, 

Edited by steve86

22 minutes ago, steve86 said:

hi just to let you no the ai when landing runway 24 will vacate the runways over the grass as soon as atc tells them to do so,,, 

Can’t think of a possible solution, AI is doing whatever it wants at the moment, I’ve also updated to SU5 yesterday and SDK appears to be totally drunk. Projects on hold for now. 

• Like 1