EGPH Edinburgh Airport - Where Scotland meets the world.

1 hour ago, EasternT3 said:

Wow! Your other airports are amazing and this looks no different, the detail is outstanding, I can't wait to pick this up

Thanks for your support!

56 minutes ago, AndyWsays said:

Brilliant news, and thank you.  I very much look forward to it's eventual release.

I can't wait either :lol:

10 minutes ago, keino333 said:

I'm waiting in the executive Lounge for flight...

That's the part I enjoy the most, too 8) 

Edited by pyreegue
  • Like 2

As someone who owns the Orbx Edinburgh for X-Plane 11 and P3D first airport for both. I am VERY much looking forward to this version more so as Edinburgh is my home airport. And to see this amount of work being put in, I can not wait to buy to see the finished airport and will be a 100% buy for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you guys for your supportive words, they mean the world to me.

Shortly I'll be presenting some more screenshots, inside the simulator environment.

3 hours ago, TaintedArcher said:

The airport recently extended its apron during lockdown, will this be included in the release? 

Yes, new turnhouse apron has been modeled as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, pyreegue said:

Thank you guys for your supportive words, they mean the world to me.

Shortly I'll be presenting some more screenshots, inside the simulator environment.

Yes, new turnhouse apron has been modeled as well. 

Fantastic, honestly I'm super impressed with the interior, i'll be one of the first to buy it... Not because I want to fly in and out of Edinburgh airport, but to sit in that Spoons you've created

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, hdsharks said:

Don't really see the point of such highly detailed interiors, personally, but it looks very well done at least. Hoping the exteriors are modelled just as well and looking forward to release!

I agree. I don’t mind providing it has no real impact on performance but I never check out airport interiors in sim. Seems a lot of people like this kind of thing though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donka said:

I agree. I don’t mind providing it has no real impact on performance but I never check out airport interiors in sim. Seems a lot of people like this kind of thing though. 

Yeah I feel the same way about virtual cabins in airliner too, but have come to accept I'm in the minority here!

• Upvote 1

Airport interiors are quite a treat for those who enjoy doing all the procedures at the gate. If you have to spend an hour parked, may as well do it in a nice environment. 

Opaque windows are not exactly fetching, and parallax shaders can look very weird from many angles, so modeled interiors definitely are a good idea if there's performance overhead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

I think that Drzewiecki made that airport for P3D, so I suppose that they will make it for MSFS too.

I thought so but..... it's been quite a while already...they also did New York and nothing, blank

Thanks though

Cheers

Carlos

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I thought so but..... it's been quite a while already...they also did New York and nothing, blank

Thanks though

Cheers

Carlos

They released Cracow recently so, who knows what’s next.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hello Viacheslav

Is there any chance you consider making EETN, Tallin airport, ULLI, Pulkovo airport and LJLJ Ljubljana airport or any of these?

Thanks

Carlos

I'll take that into consideration, thanks!

20 hours ago, Donka said:

Edinburgh is my local airport so if you need any photos taken to assist with building out this release, please let me know and I'll try and provide.

That's really good news, if possible, the new valet parking thingy near the main terminal entrance, thank you!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, pyreegue said:

That's really good news, if possible, the new valet parking thingy near the main terminal entrance, thank you!

Can you share more details like where it is located on google maps or similar so I know where exactly this is? It's been a while since I have been on the airport grounds due to the pandemic so not sure what new parking you are referring to. Feel free to pm if needed.

20 minutes ago, Donka said:

Can you share more details like where it is located on google maps or similar so I know where exactly this is? It's been a while since I have been on the airport grounds due to the pandemic so not sure what new parking you are referring to. Feel free to pm if needed.

Can't PM due to forum restrictions, if possible please attach your email or fb.

If any of you have pyreegue  previous releases, this is going to be an extraordinary addition to their collection.  And with all the additional info from those contributing above is going to make this that much more special.  I , myself,  am through the roof with excitement on its  development and release of the same.  Beautiful work.....Can't wait....

Ah this is shaping up to be pretty awesome!

One small thing I'd like to suggest, although I appreciate it's minor - Just north of the 24 end of the runway, along the river almond there are a few hundred meters of really distinctive looking trees (some sort of Populus I believe). This probably comes from the fact I walk the airport boundary every day so notice silly stuff like this, but the default sim has the trees on the entire northern boundary quite wrong - huge broadleaf's rather than these Populus trees, gorse bushes and smaller trees which should be there. 

Don't know if you plan to do anything with the immediate surroundings, but thought I'd suggest it anyway, as the most detailed airport in the sim, still looks lacking if the surroundings are off. I changed stuff like this myself in x-plane version, but MSFS is far too alien to me!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hdsharks said:

Ah this is shaping up to be pretty awesome!

One small thing I'd like to suggest, although I appreciate it's minor - Just north of the 24 end of the runway, along the river almond there are a few hundred meters of really distinctive looking trees (some sort of Populus I believe). This probably comes from the fact I walk the airport boundary every day so notice silly stuff like this, but the default sim has the trees on the entire northern boundary quite wrong - huge broadleaf's rather than these Populus trees, gorse bushes and smaller trees which should be there. 

Don't know if you plan to do anything with the immediate surroundings, but thought I'd suggest it anyway, as the most detailed airport in the sim, still looks lacking if the surroundings are off. I changed stuff like this myself in x-plane version, but MSFS is far too alien to me!

If you can provide some pictures then I think we can do something about it.

• Like 3