FSX 1984 Ansett Air Freight B727-200F

Another HJG composition, this time a 1984 Ansett Air Freight aircraft based on the B727-200F ADV NTL/VHF JT8D-15.

The livery is by Erik Ingram. If you want more detail on the component creators, that can be found in the HJG website.

The shots are out of Melbourne using only Orbx FSX Global & HD Trees.

So far, every HJG aircraft I have flow has been a pleasure to fly.

TTM

(FSX)

AA-1.jpg

AA-2.jpg

AA-3.jpg

A thing I miss from FSX - their DC 8's were terrific and where else could you find a 'Caravelle'  That 727 looks as good as anything current - may not have all today's bells and whistles but that's not in the shots which, by the way, are excellent.

11 hours ago, olderndirt said:

A thing I miss from FSX - their DC 8's were terrific and where else could you find a 'Caravelle'  That 727 looks as good as anything current - may not have all today's bells and whistles but that's not in the shots which, by the way, are excellent.

Thank you OD & other Gentlemen.

Indeed, they have liveries & aircraft not found elsewhere & their FDE's on the 727 are superb. They feel very realistic in the Logitech stick, smooth, slow roll to left etc etc, as opposed to a few MSFS aircraft that have twitch syndrome on the stick.

The DC-8 smokers are interesting. I got one going & HJG suppy smoke effects files that pour it out. They also have a wealth of knowledge on why/how the DC-8 smokes. I have copied an excerpt from an HJG forum, by Tony Madge.

Finally the shot below is from when I got the smoke going over Orbx Global Base, out of KSEA.

TTM (FSX)

HJG

["IF" using FS2004 and FSX .... and "IF" (and "ONLY IF") using HJG supplied panels customized for our simulations .... and "IF" (once again "ONLY IF") one also has the HJG supplied Smoke Effects installed too .... then Smoke Effects, for "almost all of our own" simulations that require such are "auto-generating" when engine power is set to a high enough EGT indication to trigger these effects .... in excess of N2 80% from memory.

The above information is true for all HJG supplied B707/720/C-135 series, B727, CV-880, CV-990, CARAVELLE, DC-8, DC-9, and MERCURE 100 simulations.

PLEASE NOTE: In the case of the HJG supplied and water/methanol injected B367-80, B707-120/-138/and C-135A's .... as well as the similarly WI injected DC-8-10 SHIP ONE/-11/and -12 simulations too .... each these simulations (only) feature "Heavy Smoke Effects" (simulating emissions created by the temporary thrust augmentation resulting from water/methanol injection), but, as WI assisted thrust augmentation is available for a duration of "3 minutes only" (real world), the exhaust effects for "just these simulations (only)" will cease to function after that 3 minute duration is expired. It "IS NOT" then possible to engage any smoke effects until after engine shut down, at one's destination, and until one's next flight using the same simulation, and in the very same or another later FS session. That's the only limitation of Smoke Effects for "just the above mentioned HJG supplied simulations only" .... imposed by the fact that panel engine gauges can't be assigned 2 separate smoke effects files in order to result in constant, but much lighter, emissions (as we want to portray this at least) beyond expiry of the featured WI system.]

d8-2-1.jpg

Archived