Hop to THE hub

Stillwater

Scoot has reactivated international services just for us, with one of their Dreamliners ready for boarding at Broome.

tg3oJwE.jpg

Here we go.

udBbIth.jpg

Along Cable Beach ...

6KtRB6v.jpg

... and over the sea.

I6VDI45.jpg

The innertropical convergence zone always has some thunderstorms on the menu...

XO2ZNc3.jpg

... as we reach Bali.

MqHkmeu.jpg

Descending over Pulau Bintan. Vector data are fine, the landclass is default and FTX Global Base.

TZFkDrs.jpg

Kampung Baru. Could be northern Europe as well...

JqKQtkz.jpg

On final into my favourite East Asian hub, ...

isIZGaw.jpg

CGTDiQg.jpg

... you know which.

uvkxili.jpg

Nice one Gerold. I got all excited a couple of months ago when a Scoot Dreamliner flew over our house departing Gold Coast airport. Turned out it was a one off repatriation flight. It's the little things that excite you in this pandemic time. Thank you.

Graeme :)

22 hours ago, timmo32 said:

Another Grand set of shots Gerold :)

Thank you Timmo!

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Excellent shots Gerold. :)

Thanks for commenting, Adam.

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Ah yeah, Scoot... A 787 *Dream*liner with a Ryanair interior and dito (none) services.

How an unpleasant surprise this was on an 8 hour flight from Melbourne to Singapore. -_-

Nice to see some of Broome again!

Thanks for the story, Ben. We flew "scoot in silence" with them from Singers to Sydney and had acceptable seats, service & food. Even I would do that again! The real trouble was check-in in Singapore, that was chaotic and cattle-like, comparable with Ryanair - a true lowlight.

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Nice one Gerold. I got all excited a couple of months ago when a Scoot Dreamliner flew over our house departing Gold Coast airport. Turned out it was a one off repatriation flight. It's the little things that excite you in this pandemic time. Thank you.

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. A long time ago people were watching planes flying by in the skies, that is so far away from us now... Our office (today aka "awayoffice" in contrast to how we work now) was under the path from Heathrow to Singapore, with the daily Singapore Air 380s passing along... Times are a-changing.

5 hours ago, olderndirt said:

"Scoot" was what Brit parents told their offspring to get them going.  I don't think my 'Dreamliner' has a HUD,  I feel so deprived :).  

Thank you for the info about "words you don´t learn in school", OnD!

And do not overestimate the HUD, usually its extra information confuses me more than it does help.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots Gerold.  I wish the 747 and 777 had a HUD like that.

Thank you Jack. I see it more as a gimmick, not of total usefulness. At least I am not trained in taking advantage from it.

26 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Jack. I see it more as a gimmick, not of total usefulness. At least I am not trained in taking advantage from it.

Oh.  I was trained in the real thing, it has incredible usefulness especially in low visibility.  Been in many cockpits on real flights and seen it in use.  It’s an elegant piece of hardware.

Archived