London City Pack V2.0 still not working with World Update 3

As instructed I uninstalled the London Scenery Pack when World Update 3 was released.

Orbx are now saying that a new version is available that is compatible with WU3.

I just installed it and it is awful. For instance:

- a lot of shimmering/flickering when you are close to the ground
- areas with no buildings at all, just flat textures
- 2 London eyes - the Asobo one and the Orbx one

I can't help thinking I must be doing something wrong as if not there is no way London City Pack is fixed. I deleted the manual cache. No difference

I turned off photogrammetry and it looks better but still two London Eyes and so on.

I downloaded from OrbxCentral and the version is v2.0.0

Anyone else having problems with this update on WU3?

Cheers

Hi there,

the duplicate objects indicate that you're in the mode without World Update. Please use the Configure option in Orbx Central to switch to "with World Update" mode.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/205555-updated-london-landmarks/?do=findComment&comment=1748492

FYI, the flickering in the water is an inherent issue with the London photogrammetry and can't be fixed by us; it's present without London Landmarks as well. If it's to bothersome try turning photogrammetry off while flying over London.

Cheers, Holger

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please have a look here.

Hi Nick.  I suspect you will keep getting these posts as it is a bit confusing.  For your sake, may I suggest the addition of a note alongside the Config button on the download page.  Cheers.

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion.

In this case, there is no control panel, as mentioned in the linked topic.

In an attempt to clear up any confusion:

If a the London Landmarks pack is bought using Orbx Central, then there

is now a control panel which allows for the two options that a customer might choose.

How to find and use a control panel, as well as all the other features of Orbx Central is

explained  in the Orbx central User Guide.

If the London landmarks pack was bought using the in-game Marketplace, there is no 

means at present of having a control panel, as the control panel is a part of Orbx Central.

The likely solution will be for there to be a choice of two versions at the Marketplace, one 

for each scenario and at no additional cost to the customer.

On 2/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion.

In this case, there is no control panel, as mentioned in the linked topic.

In an attempt to clear up any confusion:

If a the London Landmarks pack is bought using Orbx Central, then there

is now a control panel which allows for the two options that a customer might choose.

How to find and use a control panel, as well as all the other features of Orbx Central is

explained  in the Orbx central User Guide.

If the London landmarks pack was bought using the in-game Marketplace, there is no 

means at present of having a control panel, as the control panel is a part of Orbx Central.

The likely solution will be for there to be a choice of two versions at the Marketplace, one 

for each scenario and at no additional cost to the customer.

Great...yes...when the updated software will be available on Marketplace then ?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the information.  I'm super keen to know when something will be available on the flight sim marketplace. 

Personally, I have the WU3 installed, I presume that most users do too by now.  So if you were to release an update that assumed installation of WU3, then I would imagine that'd serve most users.  But any who have opted out of WU3, can always just not install the new update for the london pack, and they're OK too.

I'm reticent to uninstall WU3 in order to get the Orbx London pack working again, but I am considering it.  If you could indicate approximate timelines for an update, it would at least give me an informed choice as to what to uninstall/install so I can resume flying around London, where I do spend probably 50% of my time.

Cheers!

Sorry Nick, but it`s not good enough, you are using Marketplace to sale and receive revenue for your products, customers should have access to updates. If the platform you use to sell your products is slow or not up to the task you should take it up with them not us the customers!

5 minutes ago, Aeroflux said:

Sorry Nick, but it`s not good enough, you are using Marketplace to sale and receive revenue for your products, customers should have access to updates. If the platform you use to sell your products is slow or not up to the task you should take it up with them not us the customers!

Sorry, but you are wrong. Orbx does not have any control whatsoever over how Microsoft runs its marketplace or when Microsoft puts out new product or updates. You chose to purchase from Microsoft. Your apparent anger needs to be directed at them since Orbx has provided the fix to Microsoft and it is Microsoft that is dragging its feet. Every single company (Flightbeam, Aerosoft, etc.) that sells on the Marketplace has the same issues with Microsoft -- this is not unique to Orbx and they literally cannot do anything about it. And MSFT does not share customer info with their partners either.

Really?...how do you know that?...the latest info is that Orbx is working with Microsoft towards a resolution with 2 pos version to the product. It does not say the fix or fixes have been submitted and Microsoft is holding them back!. Saying that a lot of people complaining here that there are still issues remaining!

It is well documented on many threads that Asobo/Microsofts marketplace has many drawbacks including it can take a few weeks for updates to get to customers through the marketplace, the fact that Orbx has the update already  available through Central suggests they have the same update available for marketplace users but it's going though the same onboarding process as every other update submitted to Asobo/Microsoft

That's why I buy all my Orbx products direct on Orbx Central. Much easier, you can choose your folder and updates come in when they are released.

The marketplace of MSFS is not working as fast so I try to avoid them as much as possible.

Archived