Feedback on Paris Landmarks

Hi

As I was not able to sleep I got out of my bed and purchased Paris :rolleyes:

The product looks fantastic but it heavier than London

0yx2AoZ.jpg

I struggle a bit flying here. It might be my settings vs my computer but it would be good to double check.

The autogen takes a while to display in the distance and tends to disappear faster

On the external view when I change the angle my sim freezes for some seconds. I think it tries to load the autogen etc

Despite I have the exact same configuration it looks to me that London runs smoother

The plane seems to be delayed obeying the commands

So I think I won't be able to record the flight as it would make it slower.

But the look of everything is great, thank you!

I didn't post many shot for not killing the emotion for other simmers

I'd like to know if someone else has this same issue, please

Cheers

Carlos

Hello Carlos ,

I just bought and installed Paris !

Amazing Scenery :)

But ............ a bit Heavy on Frames ! In London with Overcast Weather ( Very High Settings ) ! I never go below 30frames !

In Paris with clear skies i Never go above 26 frames (22-26) ! ( Always same settings ) !!

Maybe a fine tuning is needed B)

Cheers

Mike 

Have a look at my shots below ! 

When i look towards the Eiffel Tower my frames are around 24 , when i move away they go up to 30 ! 

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Other than the Frames , No other issues Carlos , Autogen etc ... :)

8 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I'd like to know if someone else has this same issue, please

Hi Carlos,

I see Mikee is finding places where most of the objects are visible, reasonable approach - in testing I tended to go past the Eiffel tower, past Notre Dame for a while and then turn 180 degrees back up the Seine if I wanted to stress my (less than state of the art) system but am not seeing what you describe!

On paper yours looks more powerful than mine but, one question, how much VRAM is there on your video card? That's the only thing I can think of given your description of the freezes you are seeing but I'm no expert in this sort of thing!

Hope you are enjoying the scenery - have you tried the night view? I really enjoyed testing that :-)

All the best,

John

2 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Carlos,

I see Mikee is finding places where most of the objects are visible, reasonable approach - in testing I tended to go past the Eiffel tower, past Notre Dame for a while and then turn 180 degrees back up the Seine if I wanted to stress my (less than state of the art) system but am not seeing what you describe!

On paper yours looks more powerful than mine but, one question, how much VRAM is there on your video card? That's the only thing I can think of given your description of the freezes you are seeing but I'm no expert in this sort of thing!

Hope you are enjoying the scenery - have you tried the night view? I really enjoyed testing that :-)

All the best,

John

Hello John

Thank you for your concern

I really love the scenery

My vram is 8GB  :(

I have my buildings in Ultra as well as the "distance" of the autogen

What is yours?

Cheers

Carlos

I have London and just purchased Paris while composing this message! Unless my framerates are cut in half, I won't complain about performance. Especially since I only have 16 GB of RAM (I know I need more). What I have seen in screenshots here and in a video on Youtube, Orbx's Paris looks better than what I remember of real-life Paris! Great job fellas! 

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who believes that an add-on such as this that adds hundreds of modelled buildings should not impact your framerate? By that I mean do you expect your CPU and GPU to be to render all of this additional detail and not adversely affect performance? I am just guessing here, but I assume the reason this product took extra weeks to "ship" was because the creator(s) did every trick they could think of to make performance is as good as is possible with current-gen hardware while also giving us what we wanted.

I think nobody expects a non impact in the frame-rates. It is totally understandable that there will be but not to the point of seeing the product displayed like in slow camera in some areas. In my case, I was mainly pointing out that compared to London which has more custom buildings (+400)  it runs smoother than Paris with exactly the same settings.

I just did a fly again and it is hard on my pc, yet some autogen delays to display which doesn't happen in London. So I think this could be useful for the developer and maybe others might have the same issue so it is always good to document.

Cheers

Carlos

5 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I just re-checked my video card box and I was wrong, my VRAM is just 6 GB

So this could be the reason despite I have 32 GB memory

Hi Carlos,

As I said before I'm no expert but that could well make a difference I'm afraid.

Edit: If I remember correctly having render scaling below 100,  (mines 90) and changing the texture resolution setting (I'm currently on high but have been known to use medium!) were things that I found significant.

All the best,

John

8 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Carlos,

As I said before I'm no expert but that could well make a difference I'm afraid.

Edit: If I remember correctly having render scaling below 100,  (mines 90) and changing the texture resolution setting (I'm currently on high but have been known to use medium!) were things that I found significant.

All the best,

John

Thanks John

I have the rendering scaling at 100 (3840 x 2160) and texture resolution to high.

oX0aKQp.jpg

ilHPXYt.jpg

I also fly with on line traffic. Would that affect this area?

hx5pKFj.jpg

I'll test downloading the rendering scaling and the texture resolution

Thanks

Carlos

Hi Carlos, I have yet to pull the trigger on the Paris scenery but I would

venture to suggest that you should crank back your 3 "Ultra" settings to 

"High" and give that a try. Quoting you my rig and settings would be

counter productive in this case I feel. Your graphics card must breath

a sigh of relief when you put it to bed every night. :smile:

Kevin

@carlosqr Im surprised it runs that well outside of Paris let alone in to be running in full 4k if those are your current pc specs.with 100 render scaling and ultra terrain vector data and ultra buildings and many other high settings if those are still your current pc specs. 

Even with my I9-9900K and RTX 2070 both overclocked, I wouldn't have great performance in built up cities on your settings. For a 4k screen you can get away with 80 or 90 for the render scaling and not notice much difference visually, same with buildings between high and ultra.

2 hours ago, greybeard said:

Hi Carlos, I have yet to pull the trigger on the Paris scenery but I would

venture to suggest that you should crank back your 3 "Ultra" settings to 

"High" and give that a try. Quoting you my rig and settings would be

counter productive in this case I feel. Your graphics card must breath

a sigh of relief when you put it to bed every night. :smile:

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Thanks, ok I'll download those and will try

I was flying in China, Korea, Japan and Central America all the afternoon so I'm doing that and testing

"Your graphics card must breath a sigh of relief when you put it to bed every night. :smile:"

:lol::lol: I think it does.

Cheers

Carlos

2 hours ago, Craig Riach said:

@carlosqr Im surprised it runs that well outside of Paris let alone in to be running in full 4k if those are your current pc specs.with 100 render scaling and ultra terrain vector data and ultra buildings and many other high settings if those are still your current pc specs. 

Even with my I9-9900K and RTX 2070 both overclocked, I wouldn't have great performance in built up cities on your settings. For a 4k screen you can get away with 80 or 90 for the render scaling and not notice much difference visually, same with buildings between high and ultra.

Hi Craig

Very interesting

Yes I still had it under that specification just flew the whole afternoon/evening and different areas and it flies really well, it just gets tough in Orbx cities except Sydney, but Shanghai, Seoul, Moscow, Seattle, all third party ones run smoothly and default ones as NY, Tokyo etc.

That's why I wrote the post thinking that there could be something within Paris that affects

I'll proceed as per the recommendations by John, Kevin and you, maybe I'm forcing my video card a bit :rolleyes:

Thank you for your positive input guys

Regards

Carlos

During testing on my mid range system I was having slow fps with most settings set to medium or high and render scaling at 100, the other two sliders at 120.

I have a 3840 x 2160 4K monitor, and 8GB of VRAM.  Trying to run Paris at 4K with Render Scaling at 100 will cause a distinct loss of fps unless you have a beast of a system that will handle the required throughput of 1s and 0s, and for that you're probably talking 16GB of VRAM as a starting point.

Now, if you reduce the Render Scaling back to 80, if you have a similar system to mine, you will notice almost no loss of detail (or look and feel) in the scenery but you should see fps remaining above 25.   

The scenery has been pushed as far as the developer is willing to go in terms of saving texture load etc, and the nature of this Paris landmarks scenery is that if you want more fps, you'll need to lose:

a.  a number of buildings, or

b.  seriously compromise the look of the landmarks and POIs that have been carefully modelled.

c.  or a combination.

Me, I'm happy to turn off the frame rate counter, reduce the Render Scaling to 80 and most other sliders to medium or high, and fly around enjoying the scenery.  There are still a a few areas and angles where the frame rates drop a bit and it's noticeable, but it quickly regains its smooth performance.

35 minutes ago, John Dow said:

During testing on my mid range system I was having slow fps with most settings set to medium or high and render scaling at 100, the other two sliders at 120.

I have a 3840 x 2160 4K monitor, and 8GB of VRAM.  Trying to run Paris at 4K with Render Scaling at 100 will cause a distinct loss of fps unless you have a beast of a system that will handle the required throughput of 1s and 0s, and for that you're probably talking 16GB of VRAM as a starting point.

Now, if you reduce the Render Scaling back to 80, if you have a similar system to mine, you will notice almost no loss of detail (or look and feel) in the scenery but you should see fps remaining above 25.   

The scenery has been pushed as far as the developer is willing to go in terms of saving texture load etc, and the nature of this Paris landmarks scenery is that if you want more fps, you'll need to lose:

a.  a number of buildings, or

b.  seriously compromise the look of the landmarks and POIs that have been carefully modelled.

c.  or a combination.

Me, I'm happy to turn off the frame rate counter, reduce the Render Scaling to 80 and most other sliders to medium or high, and fly around enjoying the scenery.  There are still a a few areas and angles where the frame rates drop a bit and it's noticeable, but it quickly regains its smooth performance.

Hi John

Thanks for the additional info

Indeed I set the render scaling to 80 too :) and lowered all the other recommended items

It now works wonderfully

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers

Carlos

Great that you have been able to achieve a positive result Carlos.

As you can see, different strokes for different folks.

If you can keep your coffee warm on top of your computer, then

you have your settings at about optimum settings :rolleyes:

Kevin

1 hour ago, greybeard said:

Great that you have been able to achieve a positive result Carlos.

As you can see, different strokes for different folks.

If you can keep your coffee warm on top of your computer, then

you have your settings at about optimum settings :rolleyes:

Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Agreed

"If you can keep your coffee warm on top of your computer, then you have your settings at about optimum settings"

:lol:

That remind me of a friend who recommended me to speed up the fans as I was overheating it. Now I run then at 95% both ;)

Cheers

Carlos

Scaling down settings a bit works for me too. The scenery looks fabs in central Paris know, but I would like to know if a possible update to Versailles Palace could be added. It is a stunning landmark and appears currently with traffic on its roof. 

2 hours ago, BrianV said:

Scaling down settings a bit works for me too. The scenery looks fabs in central Paris know, but I would like to know if a possible update to Versailles Palace could be added. It is a stunning landmark and appears currently with traffic on its roof. 

I'm not seeing that~  must be a reason why you are... any other french scenery etc?

1 minute ago, BrianV said:

Hi John, no other French scenery added at my end. It might be my traffic settings (50%)? 

Maybe?  Mine's a lot lower.  But even then where's the road pathway for the traffic to run on?  I see nothing like that.

In MSFS I get 40s and 50s FPS on my rig, using the XCub and clear weather, however the area around the Louvre and the Place de La Concorde has a few problems and my FPS will drop a bit and there are a few stutters. Elsewhere else it's okay. I keep my settings mostly at high (buildings included) with a few at ultra like depth of field.

Lee

2 hours ago, Lee H said:

In MSFS I get 40s and 50s FPS on my rig, using the XCub and clear weather, however the area around the Louvre and the Place de La Concorde has a few problems and my FPS will drop a bit and there are a few stutters. Elsewhere else it's okay. I keep my settings mostly at high (buildings included) with a few at ultra like depth of field.

Lee

I lowered my ultra ones and the depth of field as recommended and I fly a lot better and visuals are not compromised as stated by Craig

You might like to test with those at least to see if it improves for you in those two areas

Cheers Lee

Carlos

Archived