Problem at Homer.

flyingleaf

Ah man:unsure:. Business ain't great we lost another passenger. Our lovely, large Hilda was delayed when she got to our counter at Homer airport. She got there and said:"Sorry for the Wait". This guy looks at Hilda and said:"No problem." As he looks her all over back and fore and sideways(yeah like a scanner checking out a huge plane:rollmyeyes:) and said:"Y'all could probably lose a lot of it if y'all worked on it real hard on losing it". Well there was a lotta action:wacko:going on and a lotta painful screaming, but we were assured by the hospital that our would be passenger is awake again and won't need crutches for too long. OK T let's do beers and think this over.:PMeanwhile the airport in beautiful Orbx Homer is empty not because of covid, but Hilda is back at our counter screaming:"Next":wacko::D. Here is a picture to prove it. Sorry, sort of:P:Dk. d8MovnM.jpg

I see you and Hilda are still up to your antics Karl!  Hilarious!  You probably need to put Hilda back on the DC-3 to harass the flying public and let the customer lounge crowd fill up the waiting area again!   She must me more scary than Covid-19 and rougher too!  Great stuff! :lol::D

8 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

I see you and Hilda are still up to your antics Karl!  Hilarious!  You probably need to put Hilda back on the DC-3 to harass the flying public and let the customer lounge crowd fill up the waiting area again!   She must me more scary than Covid-19 and rougher too!  Great stuff! :lol::D

Thanks Roger:D. Can't help it. We'll be ready to "serve" the flying public as soon as we can find a new supplier for the Fish Haggis. Some passengers got the stuff analysed and shut them down. They told us we can't release the result of the tests or they'll sue us:unsure:. I really don't know why because T-Bone and Billy Bob our mechanic both eat and like that stuff:wacko:. Mind you that costs me a lotta beers to wash it down. Jack assures me that recipe is real good and I have no reason to doubt him. OND ain't convinced of Fish Haggis but the real one (I agree) is pretty good with a shot of BBQ sauce:P. Great to hear from you Roger. How is DC 3 airways going? Happy New Year and stay safe. Cheers k:D

5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great Story.  I would like to meet Hilda  some day or maybe not.

Thanks John. Hilda is actually quite a nice nice person, just misunderstood :rollmyeyes:. The real problem though might be Yogi her pet Grizzly he can be a bit nasty until you git to know him, but then it might be too late.:D

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Hey Karl, going great, loving it so far, learning a lot about the DC-3 and WWII also!  I do believe you would enjoy the flights we do if you decide to come over for a visit! :D  Loving your stories also!

Good to hear Roger. Might give it a try down the road a bit. Thanks k:D.

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Hilarious stuff Karl. :lol:  Maybe if you should hire a slimmed down version of Hilda and serve hamburgers and fries you business would pick up a bit, just a thought. :D

Thanks Adam. With out Hilda we'd never get our passengers on board and it's too hard to deep fry on a moving  C 47:rolleyes::P:D

With 'glass ceilings' becoming history, have you considering advancing Hilda to the flight deck?  Give her some ground school, use of your sim and before you know it she'll be a qualified co-pilot.  Be sure to fully brief the FAA guy who gives her the checkride so that he's not overly surprised. 

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Thanks Adam. With out Hilda we'd never get our passengers on board and it's too hard to deep fry on a moving  C 47:rolleyes::P:D

You mean, without Hilda you would have many more passengers and room for more beer and haggis. :D

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

With 'glass ceilings' becoming history, have you considering advancing Hilda to the flight deck?  Give her some ground school, use of your sim and before you know it she'll be a qualified co-pilot.  Be sure to fully brief the FAA guy who gives her the checkride so that he's not overly surprised. 

Great advise ond but actually we have thought of that. However, due to Hilda's large bossum:o she could never get the yoke back far enough for take off. Almost ran oudda runway to stop in time. I guess it's called aborted take off, or something and the FAA guy said he would never, ever come back:unsure:. Scared the crap oudda all of us and the Px:o:D

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I am a bit confused, I thought I had already commented your observation at Homer´s VIP check-in. Either my computer did not transfer it, or the comment was not serious enough. So I keep it short: I like this humour!

Thank you Gerold.:D

21 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great advise ond but actually we have thought of that. However, due to Hilda's large bossum:o she could never get the yoke back far enough for take off. Almost ran oudda runway to stop in time. I guess it's called aborted take off, or something and the FAA guy said he would never, ever come back:unsure:. Scared the crap oudda all of us and the Px:o:D

Make allowances - become the first DC3 with a side stick.  Without digital electronics it might take something like an axe handle and some new cabling but think of the publicity - owner spares no expense to accommodate copilot's unique requirements.

Archived