PANC-PAVD

Wakashi

Anchorage to Valdez in a Frontier Airlines DC-3, FL100, TED, V319, PEPPI, OLLEO, route from SimBrief!  I hope you enjoy these 10 shots! 

1.  Ready for T/O PANC!

1. qKeOLs7.jpg

2.  Revving up the engines!

r9HHUyz.jpg

3.  Flyover of PANC departed Rwy. 14 headed for route!

YzPUjEW.jpg

4.  Glacier Unknown name!

pPxiDjN.jpg

5.  Turn heading 057 for Rwy. 06 PAVD!  PAVD dead ahead!

CwZbt6p.jpg

6.  At edge of town, end of runway 06!

5MCfWTe.jpg

7.  Headed down on path, 80kts, fully configured!

b3aTpOc.jpg

8.  Clear of runway, looking for a parking spot!

4z4jAl1.jpg

9. Found a decent parking up front!

T8K4y07.jpg

10.  Shutdown, unloaded, time for coffee and maybe something a bit stronger! 

PjB7z3Q.jpg

55 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Roger. I'm waiting for you in the lounge with a pint:P. Lucky for you Hilda ain't here:D

That's great Karl, stay there till I get there, but stay low,  I'm on my way as we speak and not to worry, Hilda is with me and Dude, she is UPSET and Thirsty! B)

8 hours ago, Wakashi said:

That's great Karl, stay there till I get there, but stay low,  I'm on my way as we speak and not to worry, Hilda is with me and Dude, she is UPSET and Thirsty! B)

I'll bet your on those rudder pedals pretty hard if Hilda is upset. :D

16 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Great set Roger!  Love the last one especially with the contrast of the old bare metal bird and the modern regional liner.  Nicely done!

Thank you John, that is something I did not take into consideration but thanks for pointing it out!  Thanks for the comments!

11 hours ago, adambar said:

I'll bet your on those rudder pedals pretty hard if Hilda is upset. :D

You wouldn’t believe how hard Adam! :lol:

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set of panels Roger! :D  Now all you gotta do is find a forklift to get Hilda out. :D

Thank you Adam for the comments!  I’ve called ahead for the necessary equipment to transfer Hilda! B)

11 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Great trip - done it a few times in the old Pacer but destination was Johnstone Point.  Your unnamed glacier is "Twenty Mile" and I love your cavalier use of the term 'dead ahead' :).

Thank you Sir!  Wish I could have been in the right seat back then, sounds like fun! :D   Thanks also for the glacier name, I tried to find it on GE but no luck, guess I've always used that term 'dead ahead', in the car, on a boat, afoot or giving directions! :)

Just now, Wakashi said:

Thank you Sir!  Wish I could have been in the right seat back then, sounds like fun! :D   Thanks also for the glacier name, I tried to find it on GE but no luck, guess I've always used that term 'dead ahead', in the car, on a boat, afoot or giving directions! :)

Like 'dead reckoning' you wonder if they made it.

Archived