P3D: - Into Malmo, 4 Engines

TigerTigerM

Rummaging in the back of the hangars I pulled out the JF DC-8-62 & FR DC-4 for flights into Malmo.

In Winter, at dusk, landing at opposite ends of the main runway.

In each case I could not find the landing lights, & in each case I was crabbing in.

Other than cropping, none of the shots are edited or lighting enhanced.

TTM

(P3D v4.5)

Over the coast, on the way into Malmo.

eWbzHFI.jpg

Nothing elegant about this. The DC-8 carries a lot of inertia & I found it was drifting to the left at this point &  I needed to haul it back.

LKI4WfA.jpg

More settled.

EDTtTzp.jpg

Surprisingly, almost over the center line.

SqBQ9BY.jpg

Air France have always had elegant liveries. Heading into Malmo from the other end.

Sif2xVO.jpg

Gear down.

Iw9Ni11.jpg

Sunset silhouette.

vkhWwIc.jpg

Another off center approach.

j4l9aL1.jpg

Down safely.

ogNoBS5.jpg

Malmo airport  lights in the background.

mhwmDQD.jpg

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

Four star post T . :):D

Thanks John.

I have been missing the vintage aircraft, yet to appear in MSFS.

Luckily I kept P3D v4.5 on its own SSD & put XP on an external SSD, making way for MSFS.

For me, the light & scenery carry MSFS, but the aircraft need, in some cases,  to improve & there needs to be some vintage in there.

TTM

Those are some cool shots of late evening landings TTM!  As far as landing “on the line”, I’m kinda like the drunk the cop stopped and ask if he could walk a straight line, his reply, “eff you let me draw the line”! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots, bit of noise there I would imagine...

Thank you W71 & Gentlemen, which of course includes W71.:)

Shot #2, the Drunk Duck approach - at this point it was beginning to wallow so it was very noisy as full throttle was slammed in momentarily to lift it above the airport threshold & as it headed to the right, full left rudder & reverse ailerons to straighten it up.

Interesting aircraft to land. You can feel the weight on the joystick as regards control responses & inertia.

TTM

On 9/8/2020 at 1:39 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Thank you W71 & Gentlemen, which of course includes W71.:)

Shot #2, the Drunk Duck approach - at this point it was beginning to wallow so it was very noisy as full throttle was slammed in momentarily to lift it above the airport threshold & as it headed to the right, full left rudder & reverse ailerons to straighten it up.

Interesting aircraft to land. You can feel the weight on the joystick as regards control responses & inertia.

TTM

really sounds like you have to be on your toes with this aircraft, but it's also really good feeling you get when you touchdown and all is good, even in a sim.....had a few landings where at the end you realise how tight a grip you had in those last few moments......

Archived