KBUR reported issues

There are several issues being reported by users regarding KBUR. Performance, elevation and ATIS

I am attaching some pics of what I see at KBUR to illustrate that some of these issues maybe at the users end but this in no way is intended to detract from the fact that some people are experiencing issues here as they have provided pics to back up their claims.

I am just trying here to show you what I see with my PC specs, my MSFS settings and my installation of KBUR.

First my  Graphics settings for MSFS on a 4K monitor:

Capture.thumb.JPG.69264343665f7ccbc20b40e301c94b04.JPG

Capture3.thumb.JPG.727d4c9fa0a0397668653e7679041ca9.JPG

Reported part of Sunken Ground vehicles elevation issue: Not seen in my pic.

but reported in this post:

Capture5.thumb.JPG.bb9a5f39590a36b53ceeb116cbd1d644.JPG

Reported ATIS not working in this post:

My pic shows ATIS working at KBUR:

InkedCapture1_LI.thumb.jpg.5cf5db1561944f9a0845c60a5ea0d1e1.jpg

FPS with A 320 at KBUR is at lowest 28FPS near the buildings. On the runway is 32FPS

I repeat these pics are NOT intended to dispute any issues that some customers are having but to illustrate that the reported issues are not evident to everyone and therefore difficult to assist on offering support other than a possible reinstall, lowering some settings in MSFS, not flying in 4K (which is the resolution many reported issues are occurring in regarding performance FPS)

My PC specs are in my signature.

Capture4.JPG

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Jon,

So I matched your posted settings as a test and still have the elevations changes and sunken and floating parts to KBUR.

Now I had a HUGE hit to my frame rates by limiting to 30FPS and disabling V-Sync for my settings. Stuttering and blocky movements around the field.

I then reverted to the default "Ultra" which set my V-Sync back and then to 60FPS and have smooth non-stuttering frame rates again.

However the elevation discrepancies are still prevalent.

Regards,

Kirk  

Screenshot (14).jpg

I appreciate the assistance with settings and I have tried them. In fact, I picked medium preset as well but still have major performance issues around at or very near KBUR. I turned shadows to low, terrain to 50, rendering to 50, AI traffic off, turned off bloom, texture resolution to med and it still has issues. Everywhere else, including all other Orbx scenery locations, do not have this issue in 4K. Again, I appreciate the help with the settings. Also, tried different planes, different times of day (more shadows etc), different weather. 

@KirkSunley I am afraid I am not getting any other reports about a mesh issue for KBUR and as in my pics i do not see them myself. Did you buy KBUR through Orbx or the marketplace? If via Orbx Direct then I can only suggest you may want to try a Verify Files via Orbx central for KBUR and if that doesn't work an uninstall, reboot of PC and clearing the Temp folder and any backup copy and do a reinstall.

The location of any backup copy and how to clear the Temp folder is in the attached pic adn highlighted in green:

1.thumb.JPG.e283ff927b0172e8b8b0ef30d70a3c2c.JPG

I purchased via Orbx Central

I uninstalled

went to the downloader 

confirmed check mark "on" Check disk space before installing

confirmed that automatically backup was "unchecked"

made sure that the assigned backup location and set to unlimited

Re-installed...

and it's actually worse than before!

the in simulation grabs were captured immediately before the "boom" and "crash" message were displayed..!

Capture.JPG

Screenshot (17).jpg

Screenshot (18).jpg

For the first time ever I've uninstalled an Orbx product.  I hope the KBUR performance issue is actually acknowledged at some point and isn't brushed off.  For now I'll just be a bit more careful rushing into my purchases to avoid future issues.

Ok, you need to fly in to BUR and not just load it from the start.  The problem does not manifest itself when you start at the airport, it happens when approaching close in.

I can't believe you guys can't see this.  This is a joke.  Did you guys actually fly around the airport?

**Edit** Also, side note.  Central needs a big fixing also.  The products are cutoff on the main page for starters.  I had to make my last purchase through the web site because I couldn't see what I was doing in the app.

Again that is not always the case for all users. I know that some get low fps sitting on the runway, some get it when panning around in cockpit view or external view. Some get it when approaching KBUR and others have no such issues at all. It is not a simple issue of it only happens when approaching KBUR

6 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

Ok, you need to fly in to BUR and not just load it from the start.

I can't believe you guys can't see this.  This is a joke.  Did you guys actually fly around the airport?

Hello,

the problem can indeed happen after takeoff.

There is no joke, some experience it and some do not.

We can replicate it, but once again, some staff see it and some do not.

We and the developer are working hard to try to isolate the problem.

In the meantime, accepting that is frustrating not to have an immediate fix,

please be patient.

1 minute ago, Jon Clarke said:

Again that is not always the case for all users. I know that some get low fps sitting on the runway, some get it when panning around in cockpit view or external view. Some get it when approaching KBUR and others have no such issues at all. It is not a simple issue of it only happens when approaching KBUR

Ok, it is for a majority of users then.  let's say 99.9%.  Enough that it should have been easily caught during testing.  In P3D it did a similar thing where when loading at the airport in the labs I got 80fps and approaching we got single digits.  On takeoff there was also long pause/freeze.  Tons of people reported that also.  I wonder if this issues is maybe tied in and just acting in a different manner due to the new sim?

I can tell you that there is nothing in the new sim that is causing this.  I did numerous flights to and from BUR from Alpha 1 through closed beta.  We're not talking about a 5-10fps drop here, we're talking about 20 plus.

Look, you guys are the best, I'm sure you can figure this out.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the problem can indeed happen after takeoff.

There is no joke, some experience it and some do not.

We can replicate it, but once again, some staff see it and some do not.

We and the developer are working hard to try to isolate the problem.

In the meantime, accepting that is frustrating not to have an immediate fix,

please be patient.

Well, if only ONE sees it, that should be enough.

Edit:  We're not asking for a immediate fix, we're asking that you agree it's enough that it needs to be addressed.

Just to add, I saw something similar at London City, my frames flying over London were pretty good 30-35 then on short final the frames tanked down to 10-20FPS. This was at night but I found lowering the ‘buildings’ settings from ultra to high sorted it out.

What I know about scenery dev you can write on the back of a matchbox so I'm just throwing something into the mix from 'a noob who knows nothing point of view'  :lol:

Rather than it being an Orbx issue is it possible that MSFS is trying to load the default as well as the Orbx scenery and thereby tanking the memory?

Feel free to tell me to get my coat :)

Just to add what I did in the other topic.

I can fly out of KBUR fine to the other Orbx addon KSBA, but 2 times I tried the return flight and on approach Runway 08 FPS just dropped into single digits, it is unflyable ATM. Dont have this problem at any other airport EGLL from city, no problem. ETC.

It's not a VRAM problem, I looked, its just when you get close and then it's like hitting a wall.

I will repeat flying out of KBUR to KSBA it's no problem FPS are locked at 30 and remain from parking to arivil.

Its flying into KBUR is a huge problem.

BTW I am on the latest Drivers for MSFS.

My problem is slightly different although I am also getting the low FPS the same as others. Taking off from KBUR also creates problems with my controls i.e. Throttle is stuck at 50% and rudder seems to be in full right position. Luckily I can take off at 50% throttle and full left rudder until I am out of the KBUR area and then they return to normal. Coming in to land the controls are OK but as with others FPS so low that landing is difficult. Anyone else having problems with with the controls ?? All other airports and areas are OK. I have tried different settings with no effect.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Er..

Ron it works if i click it if your not taken to the stream I will PM you another.

BTW do you have MSFS as unlike DCS am going to try and get the boys together this time for some GA multiplayer. Hope you would be interested?

12 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ah. I clicked on the wrong bit. All good now. Multiplayer, I have a merry band I fly with regularly so I'll have to pass. Thanks anyway.

Do you use Discord?

Yes Ron , I have discord.

Hey Can Anyone help me I just brought this and every time I got to install it says 
"Some Errors were detected whilst insalling KBUR..."

1 File(s) failed to extract. 

I have clicked 'Verify Files' and nothing happens. When I load in there are no buildings or scenery???

Thanks 

I am having no graphic issues.  In fact, I think KBUR is awesome.

Now if the FedEx jets show up around 5:00 local, or takeoff around 7:00 local!  joking.

But... a look at the chart supplement for southwest shows KBUR tower frequency as 118.7, ground is 123.9,  clearance 118.0, ATIS there is two depending so I forgive that one.

I do not know if the issue is Orbx or FS 2020.

Good job!

7 hours ago, RileyDiffy1983 said:

Hey Can Anyone help me I just brought this and every time I got to install it says 
"Some Errors were detected whilst insalling KBUR..."

1 File(s) failed to extract. 

I have clicked 'Verify Files' and nothing happens. When I load in there are no buildings or scenery???

Thanks 

Hi

Please go to settings\downloader and clear the temp location.

Then go to the location you designated for backups and delete the products folder.

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then try reinstalling.

18 hours ago, ArcaneTechSgt said:

I am having no graphic issues.  In fact, I think KBUR is awesome.

Now if the FedEx jets show up around 5:00 local, or takeoff around 7:00 local!  joking.

But... a look at the chart supplement for southwest shows KBUR tower frequency as 118.7, ground is 123.9,  clearance 118.0, ATIS there is two depending so I forgive that one.

I do not know if the issue is Orbx or FS 2020.

Good job!

The airport itself looks great! Would love to see the FedEx and UPS A300's... that aside, there are major issues with performance at Burbank. It is unplayable for me ATM. Very high end PC that literally comes to a crawl. Unfortunately I had to uninstall until Orbx fixes the issues. They should take this off the market until fixed.

Hi all,

We are doing some test. What i can say at my end i noticed the drop of the fps to about 12 just 1 time ( while i was playing with the setting and it lasted just a few seconds). Anyway i want to say NOT ALL people are experiencing this issue. For the people that are having the problem i suggest to try to disable the photogrammetry set render scaling to 100 and level of details to 100 and see if the problem persist. 

Thank you

Problem persist with you recommendations can provide data (screenshots) upon request.  i7 7700k OC to 5ghz, NVIDIA 1080GTX, 32gb 3200mhz RAM.  No issues with any other Orbx addons or other addons or anywhere else in the world.  The fact it feels you are brushing this off, will avoid this particular developer as other Orbx developers don't appear to have this attitude, uninstalled product after recommendations did not have any effect.  The problem is with the design and not our systems, full stop.  

2 hours ago, hawkeye52 said:

Problem persist with you recommendations can provide data (screenshots) upon request.  i7 7700k OC to 5ghz, NVIDIA 1080GTX, 32gb 3200mhz RAM.  No issues with any other Orbx addons or other addons or anywhere else in the world.  The fact it feels you are brushing this off, will avoid this particular developer as other Orbx developers don't appear to have this attitude, uninstalled product after recommendations did not have any effect.  The problem is with the design and not our systems, full stop.  

Kos by Gaya also has a pretty bad FPS drop too that they haven’t really acknowledged

On 8/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

just for information, work continues behind the scenes towards a solution to this problem.

Please be patient.

Thanks.

Thank you for the update. I have turned KBUR off and uninstalled it completely and the issue went away, just an FYI. I tried it again with zero traffic, parked cars, planes, AI and clear skies and the FPS drop persisted.

2 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Thank you for the update. I have turned KBUR off and uninstalled it completely and the issue went away, just an FYI. I tried it again with zero traffic, parked cars, planes, AI and clear skies and the FPS drop persisted.

Hi, we are doing some test.

meanwhile, just for testing purpose, i suggest to try to set render scaling = 100, terrain level of detail = 100 ( or less ).  I saw terrain level of detail can lower the fps a lot if set to high.

cheers

Archived